Joke(s)

Vamprilla

Ok, so we just had a Canadian join the board and I have to tell a canadian joke! So no one thinks i'm dising, Ilove Canada!

Ok, so France, Italy, and Spain were trying to think of a name to call the land they had found (Canada before it had a name). They couldn't agree on a name so they decided to draw letters out of a hat. The letters they drew out were as follows (in order):

C-eh

N-eh

D-eh

Anyone doesn't get it, ask.

Any one else have any other jokes?

I don't get it...

or maybe i do, but don't think it funny...

I think it's quite funny that when you pronounce "Canada" a bit stretched, it sounds like German for "Nobody there!" or "Nobody here?"

C - eh

N - eh

D- eh

sound that out and you spell canada : c-a-n-a-d-a (i.e. the "eh" is pronounced like the letter A).

I think it was funny because I say "eh" in conversation all the time.

I notice that UK men say "yeah" a lot, for example: "You have a good night, yeah."

Thanks Kourtney and Nat for the explanation!

C - eh

N - eh

D- eh

sound that out and you spell canada : c-a-n-a-d-a (i.e. the "eh" is pronounced like the letter A).

I got that part before, didn't think it to be funny...

Maybe i was just missing that part:

I think it was funny because I say "eh" in conversation all the time.

As far as I know, "yeah" just means "yes", even here in England

SO when a UK guy says,

"Have a great night, yeah." they are saying "have a great night, yes."

Beats me, and I'm by no means British, but I use 'yeah' in place of 'ok' quite frequently.

So if nothing else, it's a Megan thing

As far as I know, "yeah" just means "yes", even here in England

SO when a UK guy says,

"Have a great night, yeah." they are saying "have a great night, yes."

To say "Have a good night yeah" is a question. It means: "Have a good night, yes?" In other words "Have a good night, understand?"

interesting. i say yeah to mean a number of things. here's a list:

uh huh, yeah - means, i am bored and sick of listening to you

yeah, sure - means either you are dumb or lying or talking out of your ass

oh yeah! - means yehsssssssssssssssah or wait! i have to tell you sumpin

yeah yeah yeah - means, speed it up, buster

yippee, yeah, yippee, yo - ok, so i don't really say that

i say yeah to mean ok, alright and yes. i've never heard it as a stereotype specific to the UK. i say that it is probably erroneous generalization. just as many people here in the states say yeah to mean a variety of things.

oops -- i didnt mean to suggest that the word "yeah" is UK. Obviously it means "yes" and is very much used in North America.

It is just that I have never heard it used as the last word in a sentence like that:

"You have a good day too, yeah."

I use ya or yeah all the time in place of yes, but the way it was used above struck me as different.

Hahaha. I have to tell that to a couple of my friends. They have shitzu's. I hate those dogs.

My family had a Shih Tzu for 14 years. His name was Hari Chin, and he died of a heart murmur on March 17, 1999. Middle of softball season. He was alive when I left home, died right after, and I didn't even find out until 12 hours later when I got home from my game. My parents didn't call to tell me because they didn't want it to affect my playing, because they knew I'd be devastated. Best dog ever. I've never known a dog that was so perceptive and always knew exactly what I was saying.

Still miss him.

Dirty from playing outside, and sitting under a plastic deck chair - the static electricity gave him a mohawk

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/veggymeggy/hari007.jpg