Chat Room!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think we need a sign up sheet for the chat room so everyone knows when others will be on!
Just so everyone knows I'm usually on around 8 pm eatern time. I know that's a bit early for those of you with earlier time zones than me. Tonight I'm actually on later than I should be, I have to be at work at 445 am, so I should be sleeping.
I'll chat with you tomorrow August 12 at around 8:00 pm EST.

hsorlando, you logged out 3 seconds after I logged on tonight.

Actually, that's probably not true. If nobody is in the chat, the logout message just gets displayed for the next user to enter.

Use logout button

Edited by Katabatic

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I had fun chatting with a couple of you a few weeks back. Just didn't want you to think that I got scared off, haha, because I haven't been on since. This is due to an old computer that doesn't want me to go online, nothing else. I hope to be back to chatting asap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chat problem for ME is this: my ID is: BodyFlexTrainToGain, but "AIN" (ain`T) working, lol get it,

AIN't WORKING !! not with "A", and the "I" and the "N",, it ain't !! Those letters are apparently overspill, EVEN THOUGH, my name that long including those letters is granted for me posting on boards.

SEE, it goes like this... hence the problem >>> the last 3 letters "ain" from the word "Gain" - the chat-login simply has no room for to fit.... so is it possible whilst keeping my full name for posting on the forum, that I get ahold of an admin that can make my chat login acceptable (PLEASE!! ) like for example making (for chat purpose only) a slightly abbreviated version of my longer as seen board name?..... OR is there really no other way around this other than to change name completely &/or by re-resgistering?......ie, if any admin would offer to change my name without me re-registering that would be preferable for my convenience, and maybe best all round in the interests of me being able to chat, which I am currently UNABLE to do currently all becoz my name won't squeeze into the login digit capacity limit.

BodyFlexTrainToGain = 19 digits, no fit as regards chat login! (fine for the board concerns mind you!)

BodyFlexTrainToG--- = 16 digits <

I simply cannot use CHAT atm since registering Sunday23rd`08[/size][/b] ....but should it be possible to "cross-fix-and hence match ID's" I would be looking at using an ID for CHAT no more than 16 digits for sure!!! My only niggle then would be my particular CHAT abbreviated name (as it would have to be) looks odd abbreviated in my case, sure, sooooo my ask therefore, is can there be a CHATname (independent or conjoint/synched) login which accepts me as shown above BUT JUST FOR CHAT??... I'm interested to know regardless can it be done!!! BUT IF NOT... THEN HEY--if it means changing my board name as well, then its best I just re-register or rather have admin change my name without requirement for re-registration.

Thanks, whomever may help....

Rob has the rule that we don't change people's usernames for them unless there is a particular reason for it. I didn't realise that there was a limit to username length like that in chat. So I think it would make sense for us to change your username so you can use chat without it cutting your name down. If you'd like to send me a PM with your suggested name, I'll make the alteration for you. Here are some suggested names:

TrainToGain

TrainNGain

BigTrain

TheTrainMan

NoTrainNoGain

GainyTrainTrain

OnceAgainTrain

Shaun

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...