Magazine article on Gay Vegans and Animal rights issues

sydneyvegan

I was interviewed for a local gay mag here in Sydney, due to the anti-fur campaign I have been involved in.

It's only a small article, but I'm happy with how I came across. I've had a lot of positive feed back from people in the community, even the boys I play Rugby with.

Anyway, here is a link to the article

http://sxnews.e-p.net.au/life/stripped-bare-3363-3.html

Wow. That's a lot of naked men.

It's true though. Real men don't wear fur. Why bother when were hairy enough as it is?

Half the guys in the shot are straight, lol

The person who organised the whole shoot, pick guys who were hairy and rugged looking. I think it works really well, and also helps to show that vegans can be big, strong and healthy.

Awesome!

You're awesome Chris!

Side note, your name comes up a lot during V.V. this year. We enjoyed having you so much you're missed a lot.

Great stuff keep on doing great things.

-RC

Thanks Robert, Since the start of the year I have become increasingly involved in animals rights, so there will be more to come. I'm working hard at the gym so that I can be an even better example of what can be achieved on a Vegan diet.

I'm so disappointed I couldn't come over for V.V this year, I enjoyed last year so much, I'm eating better than I ever have and am still motivated from training with you, Josh and Offense.

Great work! Nice article, showing veganism in very positive light!

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The article was written by A lady called Katrina Fox, she is a fanastic Journalist here in Sydney, so I knew from the begining it would be great.

Great article. Gay vegans and gay vegan bodybuilders GO. Gay raw vegan bodybuilders are best.

Check out www.hotnudeyoga.com. Like the vacations that Robert Cheeke arranges through this enterprise, they have wonderful and healthy vacations with vegetarian options as well.

Speaking of vacations, our Costa Rica Retreat will be opened to all, straight, gay or whatever, this fall: http://www.vegetarianusa.com/costarica/. Sorry guys and gals, we have our reputation to protect. It will be all raw. But the food will blow you away. Take the trip.

Rainbow_2.gif.999dac517cc74490cc6e4f69294a93fe.gif

Great article. Gay vegans and gay vegan bodybuilders GO. Gay raw vegan bodybuilders are best.

Check out http://www.hotnudeyoga.com. Like the vacations that Robert Cheeke arranges through this enterprise, they have wonderful and healthy vacations with vegetarian options as well.

Speaking of vacations, our Costa Rica Retreat will be opened to all, straight, gay or whatever, this fall: http://www.vegetarianusa.com/costarica/. Sorry guys and gals, we have our reputation to protect. It will be all raw. But the food will blow you away. Take the trip.

Thanks for the Message, but I will never go completely raw.

I eat a high percentage of Raw foods, but stay out of the raw section of this forum for a reason.

Lots more actions will becoming up in this campaign, timed around the Olympics (Fur imports to Australia from China have almost doubled).

As an out gay man, leading authority and author on raw foods, and internationally known humanitarian, I must say that it is important to understand that the reason for the social policies which prevent gay men from giving blood is that many who are are not HIV positive are in fact carriers of the HIV virus. Science does not yet understand how that can be the case. While there is not doubt a tacit homophobia which is also contributing to the formulation of that policy, nevertheless, the policy is in fact the most protective of society at large.

We have had great success in curing HIV/AIDS. Dr. Ann Wigmore told me personally that it was not a problem at her http://www.hippocratesinst.org. Also, inexpensive oxygen therapies have proven highly effective in Africa - confer the book Flood Your Body With Oxygen by McCabe at Amazon. It's an incredible work that holds great promise for the alleviation of much disease and suffering.

earth_bca3.gif.31c91689a2a271a68c12ba2d0515731e.gif

NO MORE AIDS. NO MORE POVERTY. NO MORE KILLING ANIMALS.

If I were Gay I'd just lie and still give blood. I'd fucking hate the bastards who do that crap to other Gay men( I think Homophobia is one of the evilest things in the world ) But I'd still want to give blood. I enjoy saving lives. Which is why I have done it in the past.

If I were Gay I'd just lie and still give blood.

That'd be big of you, playing Russian roulette with people's lives who you are supposedly be meant to be helping.

I believe that blood is screened regardless, but I can't see what lying would achieve.

As RTascajr described there are valid reasons why it is necessary to declare this information.

If I were Gay I'd just lie and still give blood.

That'd be big of you, playing Russian roulette with people's lives who you are supposedly be meant to be helping.

I believe that blood is screened regardless, but I can't see what lying would achieve.

As RTascajr described there are valid reasons why it is necessary to declare this information.

It wouldn't be Russian Roulette. I'm a Virgin. so it would be impossible for me to even have the HIV Virus

It wouldn't be Russian Roulette. I'm a Virgin. so it would be impossible for me to even have the HIV Virus

I'm not sure if you intend to always be a virgin so that may change. Just because you - or anyone else - are not a carrier at this moment in time does not necessarily mean this will always be the case so it could still be an issue in the future.

Circumstances change.

Anybody - gay or straight - could go from being non-positive and giving blood for years to being infected and no longer being able to donate.

many who are are not HIV positive are in fact carriers of the HIV virus.

Do you have any scientific evidence at all to back this up? I'm guessing not, since it's not true.

You can be HIV positive and not develop AIDS, but the HIV virus is still very much detectable and will show positive.

Chris, great job! Sorry your thread got hijacked.

As for the quote below, Rtascajr, do you feel compelled to turn every thread into an advertisement for your alternative health lifestyle? Please go to the advertising section to spew out this garbage, especially the complete BS about curing AIDS. As someone who lost a loved one to AIDS (one who followed some of your advertised crap) I can say that you're full of it. I know that's just a case study, not actual scientific fact, but why should I use science when you don't?

As an out gay man, leading authority and author on raw foods, and internationally known humanitarian, I must say that it is important to understand that the reason for the social policies which prevent gay men from giving blood is that many who are are not HIV positive are in fact carriers of the HIV virus. Science does not yet understand how that can be the case. While there is not doubt a tacit homophobia which is also contributing to the formulation of that policy, nevertheless, the policy is in fact the most protective of society at large.

We have had great success in curing HIV/AIDS. Dr. Ann Wigmore told me personally that it was not a problem at her http://www.hippocratesinst.org. Also, inexpensive oxygen therapies have proven highly effective in Africa - confer the book Flood Your Body With Oxygen by McCabe at Amazon. It's an incredible work that holds great promise for the alleviation of much disease and suffering.

I'm not sure if you intend to always be a virgin so that may change. Just because you - or anyone else - are not a carrier at this moment in time does not necessarily mean this will always be the case so it could still be an issue in the future.

Circumstances change.

Anybody - gay or straight - could go from being non-positive and giving blood for years to being infected and no longer being able to donate.

No I don't intend to be a Virgin forever. But I do intend to only sleep with that one special person I love. I haven't found her yet. But when I do it will only be her I sleep with.

And before you come back and say," Well she may be HIV positive and give it to you," I'll make sure that's not the case. I'll insist that we both get ourselves checked out( Even though I am a virgin I wouldn't mind. It's so she would feel more comfortable )

Oh and one more thing.

WE ARE GETTING EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC

This is actually the Magazine Article thread that SydneyVegan was in. Not the Blood Donors thread. So if you want to continue this little chat. Please do so there. Kay Thanks