So what does everyone else use for vegan grooming products?

VegannNY

IE: Soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair gel...things like that. I've been vegan for 1.5 years now--and *think* that what I buy is vegan, but wondered what everyone else preferred for grooming products? (Despite living in NYC, I haven't run into too many "real life" vegans outside the internet, believe it or not...so would love the input!)

I have this wonderful facial scrub that I use from a brand called Earth Science.

I also use shampoo and conditioner from Mill's Creek Organics. I had terrible hair before using it, but this made it so much nicer! It doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it. Just organic herbs and whatnot. I like Nature's Gate as well.

Right now I have regular commercial products because... I don't know, they were in sale and I regret that I bought them, there's a whole section for natural cleaning products at my health store and even natural soaps in sale everyday, every weeks.

Now the products that I have contains a ton of unknown ingredients, scientific words and numbers and almost no names of plants...

and for the hair gel and toothpaste, it says "glycerin", of course they don't say what kind of glycerin... maybe fat from animals, fat removed from humans after liposuction surgeries for what we know! and I put this in my mouth when I brush my teeth. This is enough for me to deceide to buy only natural products from now on.

Giovanni products.

I got some of their hair stuff when I was in Canada - you can get hold of it here at last, a bit pricey though.

Aubrey do some good stuff too - them and Giovanni both have a great range.

Max Green Alchemy for my hair and shower needs (plus the sun cream is awesome for tans). Better Botanicals for the face though. And yes, they are expensive. I get them when they go on sale (but it is the buy 4, get 2 free type of deal) and I do not have to use a whole lot of the stuff (except the sun cream. I have a big body to cover ).

I've always wanted to try Giovanni.

In the past I have used brands such as Tom's of Maine( Stopped using them when they got bought out by Colgate ) Jason's( I may not use there Shampoos anymore but I still use there deodorants ) and for Shampoo and Body Wash the last products I had used were Trader Joe Brands( Stopped using them when it became to expensive to drive an hour away to Chico ) So now I just use Dr. Bronners Magic Soap for all my needs. Hair, Body, Face, Shaving and sometimes even dishes( Although I must admit I prefer to just let my mum wash the dishes with generic stuff and I just pretend like she didn't use them ) As for Toothpaste I jump back and forth from Nature's Path to Kiss my face( Although Nature's Path I prefer because it lasts longer and is flavored Rasberry but the other one is cheaper )

Eventually when my financial status gets better I want to try out Giovanni's products( Including there Hair Straitening elixer ) A good quality Body Wash( Because sometimes Soap just doesn't cut it plus it doesn't last very long ) Kiss My Face shaving cream( Or maybe Herbman Cowboys products )

Giovanni products did not work for me.

I use ABBA products for my hair, Earth Science on my face, JASON body wash, Pacifica perfume, and JASON, Nature's Gate or Tom's toothpaste. I use a few different kinds of vegan make up, and avalon organics hand cream. My favorite lip balm is Crazy Rumors.

i use soap and shampoo from a danish company called urtekram, not sure if you guys have it over there. it's pretty good. organic, vegan, not animal tested and so on. some products are even fair trade labeled which is kinda cool.

I sometimes buy the hok2 shaving cream from peta 200-PC182.jpg. it's really good and a lot of the ingredients are organic. i have some pure organic cold pressed jojoba oil but hardly ever use it. my skin looks better the less products i use it seems like.

fortunately we have a supermarket here that sells stuff shampoo and so on which is vegan and not tested on animals. plus it's super cheap. their products got the best test results concerning their ingredients and so on...

• 1 month later...

...is the average liquid hand soap and/or dish washing liquid vegan? I've generally just let my husband buy that sort of stuff...but should really start paying more attention... (Just bought some Tom's toothpaste, can't wait to try it.) Yay!

I bought some of the giovanni tea tree and spearmint shampoo. It said it was invigorating and let me tell you it is. Leaves me with a little bit of a cool burning sensation after I use it. I generally use natures gate shampoo and conditioner (once or twice a month). Dr. Bronners tea tree soap is what I use a lot, I use kiss my face if it's on sale. Natues gate or toms toothpaste and I use a thai crystal deoderant stick. I rarely shave with a blade, but i've got some kiss my face stuff. It works alright.

I love the smell of my grapefruit Giovanni body wash but it's a little drying. That's ok though, because it came with free body lotion. I will have to try the tea tree and spearmint kind. Yum. I like the Shikai body wash and Trader Joe's one too, but they're not too moisturizing. I love the Jason lotions cuz they don't have paraben and the vanilla smells bomb. I use some kind of expensive under the eye moisturizer called Fruit Juice that I LOVE so much. I use Tom's toothpaste but my dentist hates it because she says it's too gritty or something for enamel. I don't know if I believe her.