Poet, Nutrition Freak, 12 Year Vegan

veganmaster

Hello everyone,

I've been posting up a storm, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm am experienced poet with a B.A. in English. Here is my library of poetry:

http://www.pathetic.org/library.php?i_memberid=5697

As you may have noticed by my voluminous posts, my other passion is of course human nutrition & metabolism. My opinions are all based on years of researching the scientific evidence - I enjoy connecting the dots to convey the big picture (objective reality/physics). For example, click on my signature to read the first post on my blog. It is the first of many posts to come - I hope to share what I've learned over the years with independent thinkers of all types. I'm currently cutting the fat, and when I'm ready I'll post my pics. I've only just begun to apply my methods - I'm about 165 lbs right now, with the least fat and most muscle I've ever had. So I'm very excited to apply what I know, and also share it with others, especially you guys! I'm going to detail the info and studies that have shaped my views - the evidence is stunning, buried deep under the propaganda and misinformation.

Anyway, I became vegan at the age of 21, while at college. Once I began to research nutrition, the going vegan was inevitable, because I'm the type of person that gives zero credence to authority and tradition, and 100% credence to big-picture evidence. I'm an contrarian, atheist, & vegan. If I find something interesting, I will study it very intensively until I gain a deep understanding - so I'm a pretty opinionated sucker.

I love this website, it is right up my alley. Vegan athletes RULE! My MNP blog is the first one I've done - I've often thought of self-publishing books (poetry & nutrition), but I've decided the first step is a blog - it is a beginning, so any feedback is much appreciated.

Welcome! About a week ago I started to apply the principles of low fat, high carb, moderate protein you are always posting about. I am roughly at 7% fat, 15% protein and 78% carbs most days according to the cron-o-meter. I will be reading your blog.

Welcome! About a week ago I started to apply the principles of low fat, high carb, moderate protein you are always posting about. I am roughly at 7% fat, 15% protein and 78% carbs most days according to the cron-o-meter. I will be reading your blog.

Thanks Jake - you're definitely getting a nice protein-sparing insulin spike from that ratio of macronutrients. And all you have to do to accelerate gains is increase surplus kcal intake! I hope to provide some thought-provoking blog posts for you. If I can help a few vegans increase their knowledge and reach their recomposition goals faster & easier, then I will consider my blog a success!

I'm actually at a very similar ratio! Although two days a week, when I lift, I'm a bit closer to 20% protein. I don't try hard to get that ratio - but it turns out that my regular diet is in that range. I have a feeling my cardio is standing in the way of weight gain right now, but even with heavy cardio and weights just twice a week, I've been managing to add some mass with that diet.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lean and Green & everyone, I really appreciate it. This site encouraged me to create my blog, and I already have 7 long posts and with my next one I'll top 50 scientific references (no correlational studies allowed!!!). My next post is all about postabsorptive metabolism (oxidation rates, fasting, exercise, etc). The cool thing is that by getting obsessed with exercise and recomposition studies in the last couple years, I've learned exactly how metabolism works. Writing my blog has been great for myself, I think it will lead to a book eventually. The truth is so empowering, if I can share some of the evidence and help someone meet their muscle or health goals faster, right on! Vegan bodybuilding is all about being healthy not just on the outside like most bodybuilders, but also on the inside .