Building muscle by eating less

The headline is a little weird, but I hope I could make myself clear.

So first of all, I'm the type of person, who has trouble eating "too much". I think my stomach has shrinked and that makes it difficult to eat much. Besides I also tend to eat less often as I should. But I'm trying to work on these two.

But for now I need some advises to get my calories and protein intake right and I need some help with that. So I ask you: What should I eat?

I'm not really into cooking, so I guess that I'd need some seeds and nuts - alot - to get my protein and fats. Currently I eat a large dose of oat meal with bran as a breakfast and it makes my appetite disappear for like... four to six hours or so? So I guess, that it's too much for me and doesn't serve me well as I want to learn how to eat better and more frequently.

I'm 5'11'' (173cm) and currently I weight about 127 lbs (58kg) so my BMI is somewhat 19,4. I train three times a week at the gym and besides that I have to walk the dog twice a day. I haven't really calculated my calories, but I just have a feeling that I eat less than I should.

And so, what I need is suggestions about quick and easy to make type of whole foods/meals (which are awailable in Finland) that are high in protein and calories. Oh and any other advises about eating better/more frequently are also welcome. I don't have any allergies, so no problems there.

I don't have trouble downing thousands of calories on items that aren't really all that calorie dense, so I haven't had any experience in this. One tip I can give is on your breakfast choice: the bran is going to fill you up quite quickly. Rolled and quick cooking oatmeal, once prepared, are probably the least calorie dense grains. You might want to try making some steel cut oats in a crock pot over night or making a lot at once and freezing portions so you can use them as you need. You can down far more steel cut oats than rolled ones.

I think a blender would be your best friend

You will be able to take in more if you blend. This is part of the reason green smoothies are so great: You will consume a lot more blended than you would bowlsful of leaves!

So, beans would be perfect for you; they are calorically dense, high in protein, a source of good carbohydrates and all-around nutrient dense. Blend them with seeds and nuts for more calories, good fats, and nutrients (and soak the harder nuts if you can for superior absorption).

You may also want to increase your intake of the sweet, higher-calorie fruits. They will digest quickly, so you won't be "full" for very long.

I think eating less meals per day is better if you want to put on weight by eating more calories; so the eating-more-often thing isn't necessarily something you want to do, is it?

And for building muscle ---> LIFT HEAVY!