UFO's

DaN

There has been a noticable rise in UFO sighting here in the UK, by various groups of people including air force personnel, with the majority being seen on our west coast.

Have you guys in the states noticed anything unusual recently?

What are your thoughts on them too?

veganmaster:

I recommend reading Carl Sagan's "Demon Haunted World."

I will look it up, cheers mate

markc7:

Seriously though, believing that some kind of conspiracy has covered up evidence of aliens/UFOs requires one to believe that governments are much more competent than they really are.

Yeah I must admit, you would think it would have leaked by now, but you have to ask yourself, hasn't it done exactly that?

I believe most of them are Venus, paper bags, weather balloons, birds, aeroplanes, clouds or hallucinations. Many of the more inexplicable ones are probably earth lights or other electro-magnetic phenomena.

I do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere but I'm not sure if they have visited here. They might have, though.

I don't understand why ufonauts are described as humanoid in appearance. Most animals on this planet are very different from us, and they are closely related to us. Earwigs, aardvarks and giraffes are never reported piloting UFOs.

I don't understand why ufonauts are described as humanoid in appearance. Most animals on this planet are very different from us, and they are closely related to us. Earwigs, aardvarks and giraffes are never reported piloting UFOs.

That's because giraffes shaped animals are not physically (nor intellectually) equiped to build a spaceship. Evolution works in a perfect way that merges brain AND body so that it enables progress, that's why if there is creatures on another planet with a brain enough intelligent to build a spaceship, chances are that they're gonna have arms and hands too. Although I really like movies like Aliens, I can't believe extraterrestrials with that type of morphology could actually build some spacecraft.

That's because giraffes shaped animals are not physically (nor intellectually) equiped to build a spaceship. Evolution works in a perfect way that merges brain AND body so that it enables progress, that's why if there is creatures on another planet with a brain enough intelligent to build a spaceship, chances are that they're gonna have arms and hands too. Although I really like movies like Aliens, I can't believe extraterrestrials with that type of morphology could actually build some spacecraft.

Perhaps Aliens such as the Aliens From Aliens don't make ships with there hands, but with there minds.

Who's to say really. Maybe there are non-humanoid Aliens who actually craft things with there mental powers.

I've seen one. It was one of the coolest things I've seen. It was back in 1999. Tons of others saw it too. People were out on their porches watching it and then it vanished after a few minutes.

One of my favorite memories.

Martin vegartin wrote:

I do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere but I'm not sure if they have visited here. They might have, though

A good attitude to have

I'm your man wrote:

if there is creatures on another planet with a brain enough intelligent to build a spaceship, chances are that they're gonna have arms and hands too

Again, good point, of course we should be factoring in the possibility that a craft may not even be needed to traverse space, as there are some other ways I guess that are possible, like particles, light & asteroids, all of which are naturally occuring space phenomena which traverse space & indeed time.Then of course there is the possibility of loop holes as theorised by leading physicians like Stephen Hawking.

Tarz wrote:

I've seen one when I was in Azerbaijan back in 2003

Robert wrote:

I've seen one. It was one of the coolest things I've seen. It was back in 1999. Tons of others saw it too. People were out on their porches watching it and then it vanished after a few minutes.

Robert was your sighting over LA? There was apparently a daytime sighting over the city that was witnessed by many people.The rapper NaS has written a song called 'We are not alone' about it on his new album.

During WWII pilots on both the Allied & Axis sides reported seeing flying suacers.This was recorded in great quantities by both sides.Both sides presumed it was the opponents with some new technology.After the war ended & communication opened up it was realised that neither side would claim the crafts as their own.They were reffered to as "Foo Fighters" and is the name taken later by the well known band.

I've never seen a UFO and my opinion on the subject becomes less clear with time. Of interest to me is the research of the late Harvard psychiatrist John Mack. He studied "experiencers" as he termed the people who identified as alien abductees.

Slightly off topic, but the following article is also a good read. It explores the possibility of a "great filter", a probability barrier that works to halt the evolution of intelligent, technologically advanced beings - a barrier which humanity may be bumping up against right now or likely to encounter in the future.

Where Are They? Why I hope the search for extraterrestrial life finds nothing.

Yes, they would probably need hands. But why only two? Octopuses are quite intelligent. There could be intelligent aliens with 4 arms, 4 legs and no separate head and torso. They wouldn't need separate heads with necks and would never have had to learn how to tie bow ties. If they had 4 arms they would probably have pianos with two keyboards. And they would be difficult to wrestle.

I saw a UFO many years ago. It was travelling above a railway line. It was a light greenish colour and was shaped like a comet with a tail. It was probably some electrical thing associated with the elecricity of the railway line.

If beings from another planet ever come here we had better hope they are vegan, or we could end up on their butcher slabs. If they do come here, they will probably be more intelligent than humans. If they are only slightly more intelligent than us, they will certainly be vegan.

I haven't noticed anything unusual, but then again I have never seen a UFO. But I think there are too many sightings of unexplained things to be dismissed.

I don't know about if aliens have arms, but imo how they are formed/shaped will probably depend on what type of atmosphere and environment they come from.

Niblonians are clearly the most likely form any life will take

In my opinion its very unlikely a separate race of beings from space would resemble what we consider 'greys' ie the aliens with bug eyes, big heads, small bodies etc.

But - it is possible they take that form so that we can relate to them, while still showing they are not human.Or, infact one theory is that they are humans from the future, after we have evolved to look like that, & they are travelling back here to study history, ie: us.

I like that one