Hello from Somerville, MA

liftandcode

Hi all,

I'm a 27 year old male from the Boston area.

I'm so glad to have found this site. It's been a tremendous help these last few weeks.

I've been a vegetarian for over 2 years, eating some seafood here and there. My girlfriend and I went "unhealthy vegan" for about 7-8 months back in 2006/2007, but fell back to veg/pescaterian. I've been back training hard for about 3 weeks, 100% Vegan. I feel much more knowledgeable now than I was a few years ago and hope to stick with it permanently this time. It also helps that I know a few vegans personally this time around

I used to be seriously into bodybuilding, got to about 170 lbs w/ 10% bodyfat from about Age 19-21. Then things fell apart. Back then it was all grilled chicken and pasta. I've chosen to live a cruelty free lifestyle and am hoping to get back to that weight as a strict vegan. Currently I'm about 230 lbs at 5'7'', which is grossly overweight.

I'm still quite muscular, just trying to drop fat while gaining/maintaining muscle. The good ole BB mantra I guess. Had a good workout last night. Squatted 225 x10 and 245x6.

I may need some motivation here and there on the Vegan diet but really am looking forward to keeping it strict. I also want to say that Troy really motivated me with his green smoothies. I went out and got a blendtec and a pump and seal so I could bring them to work Still waiting on the pump and seal, but I've already had quite a few green smoothies at home.

Hi liftandcode!

I'm not too far away from you. I think that the yummy Ethiopian Restaurant that I went to a couple months ago was in Somerville. Are you originally from the area - just wondering so that when I read your posts I can get the accent right!

Hi liftandcode!

I'm not too far away from you. I think that the yummy Ethiopian Restaurant that I went to a couple months ago was in Somerville. Are you originally from the area - just wondering so that when I read your posts I can get the accent right!

Haha. No, I'm originally from the New Haven, CT area. I don't believe I have an accent, but I suppose you could say it is kinda meta- New York. For instance some times I catch myself saying cawfeee for coffee and coshtoom for costume :=)

There are a lot of ethiopian places in the area, not sure about somerville though. Cambridge certainly has a few.

Where are you located?

Yup, NH - Londonderry (soon to be Manchester). Originally from Gloucester, but after years of living in NH, I have lost the really hard accent. Now it just comes out occassionally.

The place I was thinking of is called Fasika, and I just checked online. It's in Somerville. You should try it out sometime. I am on vacation for a week starting in 6 minutes so I may check it out sometime next week.

And "coshtoom"...? Was it Clark Gable or some other oldtime actor that 'sh'ed his 's'? That's the voice I will hear when I read your posts now..........

Yup, NH - Londonderry (soon to be Manchester). Originally from Gloucester, but after years of living in NH, I have lost the really hard accent. Now it just comes out occassionally.

The place I was thinking of is called Fasika, and I just checked online. It's in Somerville. You should try it out sometime. I am on vacation for a week starting in 6 minutes so I may check it out sometime next week.

And "coshtoom"...? Was it Clark Gable or some other oldtime actor that 'sh'ed his 's'? That's the voice I will hear when I read your posts now..........

Aww, Too bad about the accent. I think Boston accents are wicked awesome. Actually my dad is from Dorcester and my mom is from Brookline, but neither one of them have an accent. They've been living in CT for over 30 years now.

As for Clark Gable, I have no idea. But I'm glad to provide you with a voice for my posts. If only you could hear my ("married in") uncle's brother. He's got a cross between Italian and Boston accents. We call him the godfather He scared the crap out of my cousin's boyfriend one time.