Hi! I'm Dani....

DaniAni

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself! I'm 24, live in Portland, OR in an awesome little floating home on the river. I have been Vegetarian pretty much my entire life. I made the association at a early age that meat used to be a living animal and I loved animals, so I just didn't eat it and my parents were ok with that.

My Dad was diagnosed with Leukemia 7 years ago and decided to give his body the opportunity to heal itself by going raw vegan! My Dad is doing great and he is very inspiring to me. I have read tons of books and experimented with raw foods for years now, just haven't ever fully comitted to eating only raw foods. I have let myself get really out of shape over the years, I used to be a avid Ballet dancer and was in great shape. Then I grew up and started a stressful job, so I went from being very active to virtually no activity while increasingly eating more vegetarian junk food.

So my goals are to get back in shape and eat a primarily whole foods vegan diet. I hate working out but I love to play! I used to ride my mountain bike a lot, I like hiking and I really miss dancing. I'm glad this is such an awesome community of like-minded people, I'm positive this helps when you are trying to get in shape.

The word on the street is that Intros with pics are best...so here ya go!

What I want to look like again:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/Danie-Ani/976d.jpg

More current (I know you want my hammer jacket):

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/Danie-Ani/lutz.jpg

Welcome my friend!

I know you've already met a bunch of us when you bumped into our group during Vegan Vacation and at the Comedy Club last night.

Great to have you on here! Enjoy our forum we have a lot of cool people, including about 40 here in Portland.

Nice to meet you. I just found this community myself, but you have the great fortune of being in Portland, which is clearly Vegan Central, haha. Glad to hear that your father is doing well. Good luck with your fitness and health goals!

Howdy Good to have more Portlanders around the forum. I'm intrigued about the houseboat living... How'd you get into that? Any good stories to share? One of my buddies in high school lived on the river for several months with his uncle. It always seemed a little treacherous to me walking around on their 'sidewalk' in the dark but then again my sea legs were never great.

Welcome!

It is good to hear that your dad made such a good decision regarding his health, my dad has a myriad of health problems (cancer, stroke, heart disease) and refuses to give up dr. pepper and meat

I too had been a vegetarian for a long time (14 years) before finally giving up dairy and eggs and I feel better than ever before, I am sure you will feel the same way.

Girl, you are too cute! good luck w/ your goals!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey! You took a picture of us in front of people, recall? Me and Tasha were the ones holding all the luscious green leafies! Raw Food prep buddy in 2 months when i move to Portland?

Yeah, I remember you! How exciting that you are moving to Portland! I would totally love a raw food prep buddy, I bought some raw food prep toys like the spiralizer and a mandoline...just discovered "goneraw.com"...I am overwhelmed with over 3000 raw recipes to try! I am about 80% raw...trying to go all the way...I love green smoothies lately

The only thing I eat cooked is dinner.Is that 80% raw?

Probably...I'm not for percentages...just trying to get more raw in while reducing my intake of cooked vegan food. When I eat a cooked meal I certaintly feel it! That's great for you! Do you also enjoy Green Smoothies? They have literally changed my life!