What is a vegan? Nobody knows!

michaelhobson

"I don't know. An alien?" Priceless!!

I would like to hope most people are better informed!

I feel like an alien sometimes, especially now that I live in a small town in Pennsylvania. Vegan may as well be alien here. As for people being better informed, I don't think they are really, so I do my best to educate people. Often that education starts out with a homemade gourmet vegan cupcake. After the oohs and ahs and thank yous, I like to fill them in that it's vegan and what that means. I love the looks of sheer astonishment and the question asked 100% of the time "but how did you make it without eggs?"

Michael is right about the education, it's one of the biggest problems of societies. Ignorance is a tool, a weapon. It is important that we change the priorities of the things we teach in schools. This video is going in my favorites... a vegan is a bug, an alien, a candy bar, a woman... What if the question was : "do you know why meat-eaters are cowards and the workers at the slaughterhouses are their mercenaries ?" they would answer : "because we love animals?" or "in which country is Slaughterhouse?"