Rotten food smells

What does different food smell like when it has gone bad?

Last Night I discovered what Rotten Potatoes smell like. They Smell like Shit. In fact. I thought it was Shit. Left over from the ground. I was so ed I wanted to regurgitate!

I had my mother smell it and she told me it was Rotten. I didn't believe her at first because I still thought there was Shit on it. But then she told me that that is how rotten potatoes smell like.

Still. It was nasty. And it truly smelled like Shit!

Erm no this isn't a self-gratifying sort of topic. I want to know what various foods smell like when rotten( Or what others think those foods smell like )

Basically this is a thread for rotten food smells in general. Different smells.

And maybe there was a point to. Because I asked if others have had the same experience with potatoes and weather or not it is supposed to actually smell like that. Because if it's not then there is a high possibility that I actually ingested some poisonous fertilizer yesterday and will probably need medical attention.

I would describe almost every rotten food as smelling incredibly sour. Sometimes very dusty/musty.

The gutters on my house were backed up for a few months and the wet decomposing slurry I had to clean out smelled like shit, but I have no clue what was in there other than leaves and maple seeds.

• 3 weeks later...