Don't suppose there are any other NYC V-BB members around?

Hey everyone... I am new to the forums. I live in Garfield, New Jersey (about 20min west of the Lincoln Tunnel... no traffic of course). I would be up for a NYC meetup, or even Philly sometime. I have friends in Philly and its about a 2hour drive down for me. I work a 9-5 Mon-Fri. During the week I have karate classes in the evenings on most nights. My weekends are pretty open though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm available this weekend...anyone up for a meetup soon?

i'd be into it although i am working Saturday until 7pm so i'd have to join the meetup after that time.

just an idea: Saturday night is UFC-88 Breakthrough and there is a Watch Party being thrown by mmafacts.com at the 40 40 club ("No hats, t-shirts or sneakers are allowed" is the only thing that scares me as that's all i ever wear... also even more discouraging is their online menu; there's about 2 vegan items ).

i emailed the contact i have at mmafacts.com to find out more (like how much and about the dress code).

it's also playing at:

NY Manhattan Hooters @ Manhattan 212 581-5656

NY New York 3rd & Long 212 447-5711

NY New York Bounce Deuce Downtown 212 533-6700

NY New York Jack Dempseys 212 629-9899

NY New York Mean Fiddler 212 354-2950

NY New York Playwright @ 35th St. 212 268-8868

NY New York Playwright @ 49th St. 212 262-9263

NY New York Rogue 212 242-6434

NY New York Village Pour House 212 979-2337

while i am not very familiar with any of the above places as i don't drink or smoke or go out to these types of places often... they are probably more vegan friendly with a more relaxed dresscode.

Sunday i may have the kids so i'm not sure if that works although it could; depends what time and where...

Paul

Next weekend, then? (Paulcats: the MMA thing sounds good, but I guess it's not on next weekend, too?)

no, the MMA thing is a live event... but that was/is just an idea, anyway...

This doesn't have to be a one time meetup. I would suggest that if folks want to meetup this weekend than go for it. I can come up to NYC pretty much any weekend. It's not urgent that I attend a meetup ASAP.

Next weekend, then? (Paulcats: the MMA thing sounds good, but I guess it's not on next weekend, too?)

no, the MMA thing is a live event... but that was/is just an idea, anyway...

This doesn't have to be a one time meetup. I would suggest that if folks want to meetup this weekend than go for it. I can come up to NYC pretty much any weekend. It's not urgent that I attend a meetup ASAP.

good point, veganmomma.

let's try to do it on the regular, with whomever's available whenever we can!

paul

PaulCats -

Hate to wimp out a second time - but am thinking that we should reschedule again, try to get a meeting setup that's less rushed/last minute. Would be good if we could get four+ people to commit to a quasi-formal meetup? Hey, this is NYC - it should be possible!!

PaulCats -

Hate to wimp out a second time - but am thinking that we should reschedule again, try to get a meeting setup that's less rushed/last minute. Would be good if we could get four+ people to commit to a quasi-formal meetup? Hey, this is NYC - it should be possible!!

VegannNY

no worries, whatever and however you'd like to do is fine by me. although i specifically wore my new VB&F shirt for the occasion

anyway, either way is good for me; quasi-formal or rushed/last minute.

a cup of coffee or tea, a meal, a walk... it's all good.

unless i am working, training or busy with the kids, i am open...

P

• 1 month later...
Hey, would love to revive the idea for a NYC meetup myself (maybe this next upcoming weekend?) Just a thought...!
I *should* be able to come up to NYC next weekend if plans are sorted out by Wednesday as far as day, time, and restaurant. Paulcats why don't you just bring your 10 kids along with you so we can make this meetup happen. Edited by bodybag

some weekends i am freer, some weekends have more stuff goin on.

at this point, next weekend is more busy:

saturday: early morning is open to meet however need to be at work saturday 11am (midtown). finish at 7pm, then i have a friends b-day party; may be able to take a lunch break from work during the day?

sunday: again early morning is open then i have daughter's friends b-day party @ noon and then son's school has a banquet in the evening @6:30pm; maybe in the afternoon?

during the week i am off mondays, tues-thurs work 10-6pm and friday work 2-10 so jaleel or any other vbb members we could get together somewhere during those times (monday, tues-thurs nght, friday morning).

let me know the where and whens and i will try to make it!

paul

i will be workin covering night shift for election day so won't be makin it but if anybody didn't know about this it seems pretty cool:

Tue 11/4 SuperVegan Election Night Party at Red Bamboo Brooklyn with Vegan White Russians, Chocolate Hawaiians, and Joe The Plumber Cocktails

check out their website: supervegan.com they have a vegan blog, NYC restaurant guide and regular get-togethers; haven't made it to one yet though... maybe we could meet up at one or more?

Paul

I *should* be able to come up to NYC next weekend if plans are sorted out by Wednesday as far as day, time, and restaurant.
Look above, it's Thursday so I can't make it. I've suggested days, time, and restaurants in the past. People in NYC are either busy or hippies.

I'm going to have to start a Philly group even though I've never met a vegan or strict vegetarian strength athlete in Philly. Philly vegans tend to be scrawny and ride their eco-friendly bikes to get to work, school, grocery shopping, etc...

I *should* be able to come up to NYC next weekend if plans are sorted out by Wednesday as far as day, time, and restaurant.
Look above, it's Thursday so I can't make it. I've suggested days, time, and restaurants in the past. People in NYC are either busy or hippies.

I'm going to have to start a Philly group even though I've never met a vegan or strict vegetarian strength athlete in Philly. Philly vegans tend to be scrawny and ride their eco-friendly bikes to get to work, school, grocery shopping, etc...

or busy hippies?