need help measuring Gemma protein

Well, I just busted out the gemma and the digital scale. 1 serving with the provided scoop, levelled off, is almost exactly 20 grams. The scoop is 70cc, so that is .2959 cup worth of material. To get 30g of gemma you'd want .4438 cup worth of powder. So figure about half a cup.

I thought that the scoop that came with the gemma was supposed to be 30g. Weird.

I didn't pack it down to weigh it, just gave the scoop a good fill then used a knife to level it. If you want me to do a weigh run with a packed scoop, let me know. I'd say just use a 1/2 cup capacity container (as opposed to a 1 or 2 cup capacity) and fill it up all the way without packing it down.

I didn't pack it down to weigh it, just gave the scoop a good fill then used a knife to level it. If you want me to do a weigh run with a packed scoop, let me know. I'd say just use a 1/2 cup capacity container (as opposed to a 1 or 2 cup capacity) and fill it up all the way without packing it down.

very cool. that is what i did this morning. I felt weird after i took it. my heard beat fast and i felt kinda not quite dizzy but tired... perhaps i am unused to taking so much protein at once? it definitely felt like a drug experience.

very cool. that is what i did this morning. I felt weird after i took it. my heard beat fast and i felt kinda not quite dizzy but tired... perhaps i am unused to taking so much protein at once? it definitely felt like a drug experience.

That's very odd. What did you have it with?

That's very odd. What did you have it with?

i had about 4 apricots some westsoy plain soymilk and a teaspoon of sugar blended together. I have felt thise way before when i tried the rice protein too. I do not eat much generally around 1500-1800 calories a day and my protein intake hovers somewhere at around 35-60grams depending on if i eat in or out. so perhaps my body was like wtf is this?

anywho we shall see what the future holds for my intake.

BTW, even if you were to eat a pound of your custom mix, those dosages are still really low. I'd say skip it.

woah. thanks for the link. ill be skipping that. also i stopped getting the dizzy rushing feeling from the protein. best i can tell my body must have been sorely in need of protein.

i am always worries about precise measurements because i feel if i dont follow a formula i will fail. The more and more i ask questions to advanced body builders and peoples whose physiques i admire the more i realize that i may be concerned too much about precision. especially after calculating what i eat in a day. which is a decent amount of food and i didnt know it before.

i just did a nutritiondata analysis of my intake and it hovers somewhere between 2751 with 160 grams of protein. im doing just fine by guessing it.