Cosplay

Dr. Pink

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here. Not sure how many hardcore( Or even softcore ) Vegan Cosplayers there are.

Cosplay is defined as dressing up as any one of your favorite characters from various entertainment sources. Movies, Music, Video Games, Anime, Comic Books.

Some cosplayers just buy there costumes( Which are usually worn at typical Anime or Comic conventions or sometimes just for fun around the house ) But the real hard core ones make them from scratch.

It's not something I am really that into at the moment. But it's also not something I'd never do. If I had the money that is I'd surely love to dress up and go to a convention someday.

To me it's like Halloween. I always loved dressing up as my favorite video game character during Halloween. And it would seem that the main point of cosplay is to just be something else. To dress up and have fun.

Well I certainly dress up, but I haven't emulated a character (other than briefly trying on the Jason costume that I made for Mark). Just the ninja costume which is my own alter ego. If I had a spider man costume I would kick some ass in that

My kids do cosplay for the anime conventions. There is one in Michigan at Halloween this year in Novi. My daughter has picked World of Destruction. She gets to be the girl, while her younger brother gets to play the character with white hair (seems he always has something white on! Last year it was a white tuxedo and we had such fun splashing blood - red paint - all over it)! and carry big swords (he likes that part). This year she even has her youngest brother playing the pirate teddy bear from the World of Destruction.

We always start off from scratch with the costume, and then my daughter searches ebay and other discount stores (she goes crazy with ideas when we go to the Salvation Army Thrift Store. She even found chaps for her brother's character! They weren't white and they were of course leather so we passed on them. I will have to find some fake vinyl suede at JoAnn's Craft and Fabric Store) for the little things like wigs, vests, gloves, shoes, etc.

I go to the anime convention in Chicago with them for the passed three years now. I love to see all the cosplay! Especially the really good ones.

Haha, cosplay seems pretty fun, I would probably try it if I had some friends who did it. Right now I'll just stick to my manga and anime. I've seen some really creative ones, I bet it takes a lot of time and money to make those really great looking ones.