7 Keto DHEA - anybody ever use it?

Gaia

I found out from the WNBF/INBF that 7 Keto DHEA is not a banned substance, so I have decided to try it.

Anybody else on here try it for a comp? as a thermo? From the website, I guess they had it banned (along with regular DHEA and Ephedra), but the evidence of the immune boosting properties was so great that they unbanned it (only 7-Keto DHEA though).

So far, after a week of being on it, it does seem to give me some energy (though my white tea with schizandra gives me alot more, but that is the jittery caffeine energy) and I am wired at night again (just like I was with Xenadrine containing ephedra/ma huang combination about 5 years ago when I was doing comps). I am only on 30 mgs total throughout 7 AM to 5 PM (maybe should move it up to 3 PM to let me sleep by 11 PM?). The mgs of 7 Keto come in 25 to 100 mgs. I have a 5 mg from nutritionist that gives it to her older clientele. I've purchased a 50mg one (take it all in the morning, plus I will have worked up to taking 10 of my 5 mgs a day by the time it gets here).

So, have any vegan comps tried this stuff yet?

I have tried it at 100mg per day and found it worked quite well, it does increase thermogenesis noticably. I found it worked even better when I used it with a green and white tea extract. I will use it again as my show gets a bit closer.

I finally had a good night sleep yesterday (6 hours straight) while on the 7 keto. I have found that my white tea with the 7 keto is to be used only when I am going to workout or do an hour of cardio because I get the jitters so bad (great for when you are moving and can put that energy into that. but bad if you have to sit thru a movie!).

Do you take the whole 100 mgs in the morning, or is it a total of 100 mgs thru out the day? I am up to 60 mgs and will stop at 3 PM to get some rest at night (which is what I did yesterday!).

I'm looking to cut after my bulking, and I think I will probably supplement with 7-keto, coleus and yerba mate. Ephedrine makes me have bad tinnitus. 7-keto looks to be reasonably safe, and although there aren't a lot of human trials, it's not too expensive to try, especially when you get half off wholesale through employee buying. I will let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my quandary. I am now up to 100 mgs of 7 keto a day. I feel the energy it gives me. I double up in the morning (50 mgs) and can run my 1 hour+ long trail run very easily. After about 3 hours, I feel the drop in energy level and take another 25 mgs, and then again 3 hours later, so that it is 3 PM in the afternoon. Energy to do chores, work, weight lift, etc. I feel myself coming down around 6 PM. It has gotten so I can sleep decently at night now. Sounds great eh? But I haven't lost any weight yet! With the ephedra I would feel the same way (up for 2-3 hours and then feel it bottoming out), but I would lose the weight! This is most interesting. I know I have plateaued, but don't know if the 7 Keto is just making me "feel" energetic to do the activity I want to do, but if it really is only that and not a thermo . . . . at least for my genetics/body.

I'm been taking 100mg a day

So far effects have been.

1. Increase in Thermogenesis

2. More energy - Not really a jittery caffeine type energy, more a nervous, I can't keep still type energy (This is great for workouts, but not so good at work, were I'm up and down every 20mins because I can't keep still)

I am still sleeping fine, and don't seem to have an energy drop.

A few other effects, but won't mention them here...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if the other effects that you won't mention have anything to do with a certain strong desire to . . well um desire is a good adjective I guess. But I only have it on some days. Sometimes I wonder if it is the 7 KETO or another product that I am taking (has horny goat weed in it!).

I just channel all my energies into training though !

I don't know if the other effects that you won't mention have anything to do with a certain strong desire to . . well um desire is a good adjective I guess. But I only have it on some days. Sometimes I wonder if it is the 7 KETO or another product that I am taking (has horny goat weed in it!).

I just channel all my energies into training though !

OMG, Yes...

A certain strong desire too... Is a very good way to describe it...

I'm positive it's The 7 Keto, I'm like a teenage boy!!!

I'm not really complaining mind you

Another side effect for me is my hair! It is growing in thicker and darker!

It has been a month now, and I still haven't lost the weight. Though my scale says I haven't lost any weight, I can start to see my abs now. I think my scale can't tell bf very well. The keto is not as good as the ECA stack, but I still feel more happy and energetic being on it. It is helping me to keep going on my keto diet.

Another side effect for me is my hair! It is growing in thicker and darker!

It has been a month now, and I still haven't lost the weight. Though my scale says I haven't lost any weight, I can start to see my abs now. I think my scale can't tell bf very well. The keto is not as good as the ECA stack, but I still feel more happy and energetic being on it. It is helping me to keep going on my keto diet.

My Weight has increased!

But body fat levels have decreased significantly. It seems to rip the fat off me.

All I can say is I love 7 KETO

I haven't tried ECA stack,

In Australia it is pretty hard to obtain anything containing Ephedrine, due to the fact that it is a precursor chemical used in the production of amphetamines, and is listed under the customs act.

I love it too! Now I am wondering as I go on my second bottle if I am suppose to cycle this? Or is OK to continue on it. What if it is supplying my body with much needed hormones (DHEA is precursors to many hormones, and Keto 7 may go towards the DHEA route or maybe a different route?) now that I am getting older and my own DNA is shutting the genes down?

Did you hear anything about using the Keto for only so long, and then you should get off so much time. Does it really affect the liver that much that I need to detox and get the liver back in shape before I go on it again? or maybe even the adrenals need a break, though I do not feel any elevated energy raise when I take it now. Maybe I have grown accustom to the dosage. Tempted to up the dosage (100 to 150 mgs).

I love it too! Now I am wondering as I go on my second bottle if I am suppose to cycle this? Or is OK to continue on it. What if it is supplying my body with much needed hormones (DHEA is precursors to many hormones, and Keto 7 may go towards the DHEA route or maybe a different route?) now that I am getting older and my own DNA is shutting the genes down?

Did you hear anything about using the Keto for only so long, and then you should get off so much time. Does it really affect the liver that much that I need to detox and get the liver back in shape before I go on it again? or maybe even the adrenals need a break, though I do not feel any elevated energy raise when I take it now. Maybe I have grown accustom to the dosage. Tempted to up the dosage (100 to 150 mgs).

I haven't found any evidence out there suggesting that you need to cycle 7 Keto, but my thinking is, it is probably a good idea too.

This is not because I think it will have any side effects, but more because I think the body will get use to it and the effect will be reduced more and more. I am thinking I will save it as a final fat blaster, when I need it, rather than cycling it year round.

A couple of studies I have seen involved supplementing with 200mgs for 2 months, so I figure I am going to take it for 6-8 weeks and then stop for a few months.

I found 100mgs per day, stopped being effective, so I have upped my dose to 200mgs per day, the elevated energy has increased, so I am happy with that. If the effect from 200mgs is reduced, I think I will stop taking it for a while.

Just my thoughts

• 10 months later...