Swollen after training

Hi guys, well after my weekend rest and a lousy session on monday, yesterday finally I was pretty happy with what I did on the gym. Today one of my arms is swollen, it doesnt hurt or looks green or purple, is just a little bit more big than the other one. I dont get it.

Yesterday I saw myself on the gym mirror while I was doing deadlifts...and I saw a stick raising another stick

Mate I felt like that for ages, & it has taken months to get out of it.The thing that got me out was eating vast quantities of food.

"Stick" with it dude, youll get there! (bad joke I know )

You made me laugh.

Nah, Im not to concerned about being a stick because I know I can change this, come on.. I used to be in 120Kg and now Im around 60Kg..... so I know this things may take a while. I know that I practically destroyed my muscles and I have to reconstruct them first before atempting to train really hard.

Well, first I switched from Omnivorism to Vegetarianism, this makes a huge difference. Then I fed myself for a whole year of cereals and legummes. Sometimes I used bread or cheese. Then I learned about vegan lifestyle and I changed to eat more veggies and plenty of cereals. Of course I only drink water and natural teas and I only eated 3 meals per day, so thats why Im skinny now.

Mate, I live in a rainforest hehehe, actually we had a pretty strong storm yesterday, you could actually see the lightnings hitting some metal towers.

Here you can see the building where I live, next to the small mountain.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/2742520902_dc4577c871.jpg

This is where I work. Well... not actually in the field but the place is quite green

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/2741691629_a6a0ee643a.jpg

And this is a small part of the city.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2741693713_ea7d363067.jpg

Yes there are some huts in some parts of Venezuela, and of course you can buy them. There are also some parts that are public and you dont even need to buy them... if you want to build something you just do it

Uhm, you live in USA, why would you like to live in a place like this? This is no vegan paradise. Okaii okaii we have lots of fruits all the year round... but still we dont have decent soymilk, or vegan cheese and ice creams, or burgers. The products for hair and skin care... you dont know if they are tested on animals... veganism doesnt exist in here because people is a little ignorant. Better stay in the US where you can buy whatever you want and have a nice vegan lifestyle

Allantgy, have you tried some ice on your arm? It might be that you unconsciously worked harder with the right arm and it got a bit stressed about it so now it's bigger, like inflammated. Ice might help to reduce the inflammation. I hope you get symmetrical soon.

Asi que vives en Venezuela! Yo soy cubana jejeje

Hey buddy, I am in England, which is same as US really as far as vegan options.

I was wandering about it, as a holiday home really, not to live full time (though I might consider it!)

I would love to be able to come over & enjoy the beauty of your country which is very unique, you certainly dont get any rainforest here in England or in the US!

Perhaps we can discuss where would be a good place to buy property for me, & you could look after it, or stay in it, & I would pay you!

Woah! take the deal! take the deal! If you ever want to do that in America let me know. damn.

Hey buddy, I am in England, which is same as US really as far as vegan options.

I was wandering about it, as a holiday home really, not to live full time (though I might consider it!)

I would love to be able to come over & enjoy the beauty of your country which is very unique, you certainly dont get any rainforest here in England or in the US!

Perhaps we can discuss where would be a good place to buy property for me, & you could look after it, or stay in it, & I would pay you!

How is the arm? Did you work out the biceps? It could be that you have a minor tear in one of your supporting bicep muscles. It won't hurt because the bigger muscles can handle the weight load, but yet it will be worked a little and cause inflammation. There might not be a whole lot of nerves around that particular muscle that is inflamed and thus not hurt.

I would ice it after your workout of biceps, otherwise it will be bigger the next day. And if it gets bigger, it might start to impinge on a nearby nerve and then it will hurt.

I had a right pec tear that didn't hurt and it was swollen for two weeks. It was kind of neat in that my right pec swelled way up, but then my pecs were lopsided. Needed to tear the left pec too! But even though it didn't hurt, I still babied it for the two weeks till it went away. Pec tears are something I don't want to mess around with. I let it heal properly.

Are you right or left handed? Because you are either like me pushing the weight that is too heavy for the muscles and the dominant side tears first, or the dominant side can take the weight and the lesser one can't and ends up being injured. I know you are pushing the weights heavy, but be smart about it. Warm up the muscles with light weights and alot of reps, and maybe do a 10 minute treadmill run to get the blood flowing and warm up the muscles that way. Cold muscles can snap ligaments and tendons.

Thank you for your advices Gaia. Ive been using a cooling gel with menthol. I havent trained today and I dont want to. Yes Im right handed, perhaps thats why the arm is swollen. I think is the tricep. If I lift my right arm is okay, but if I lift my left arm it feels strange, it feels like the muscle is tired, no pain but it feels ackward.

Que tal lena, vaya no esperaba encontrar acà alguien de habla hispana

Dan, hehehe, well, this is affordable to every person that lives in england or the US because Dollars, Pounds and Euros worth the double in here, even three more times its value if you find someone really desperate that needs the money. Wich part of England are you living? After I finish school Ill like to stablish in England, I was thinking London perhaps but I know is kinda expensive and perhaps for a foreigner Ill be impossible. You can choose whatever place youll like to live, near this city there are very good options, for example there are very beautiful mountains and national parks an hour from here and then if you drive like...30 minutes more you find the beach

there are lots of new properties in that beach. You also have a place called Los Teques (A cousin lives in there), is a very beautiful mini-town that is up in a mountain and it has pure jungle in the sorrounding areas, and if you ever get bored all you have to do is drive 30 minutes down the road and youll be in Caracas (capital city).

Thank you all for your advices!

Hoping your arm is going down ok Allan

Is the gel working?

I am in the county of Buckinghamshire, which is a mixture of built up towns & lovely countryside.It is about 30 minutes from London & because of this, the house prices around here are getting very expensive.A 1 bedroom flat is costing around £200,000.00 depending on the town.Do a google image on "Marlow England" It is a nice example of a good town, there are other towns that are not as nice.

I have just google imaged Los Teques, it looks nice.I am planning to have a trip to Central/South America in the next year, I think I should come visit you

We could party & pump weights - hehe!