Job interview

willpeavy

This semester of law school ends in less than a month, and so I'm aiming to have a gig set up as soon as possible. I have an interview with the math department at a local college on Monday, Nov 21. So wish me luck. I'm really hoping I get this job because I like math and the pay is pretty decent too.

Oh yeah, and if I get the job, I'm going to celebrate by joining up at this gym - http://www.hellsgym.com/main.htm - It's right around the corner from where I live, and it has "HELL'S GYM. FEEL THE BURN!!!" painted on the windows. That's my kinda place!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This semester of law school ends in less than a month, and so I'm aiming to have a gig set up as soon as possible. I have an interview with the math department at a local college on Monday, Nov 21. So wish me luck. I'm really hoping I get this job because I like math and the pay is pretty decent too.

Is it a teaching job, or something else?

Also I just had a phone interview for a science technician job at the same college, which would be cooler than the math job because they have an observatory and planetarium and I would be maintaining the equipment if I get that one.

Ooooo Planetarium....they are so

Good luck tomorrow Liz. What job is it for?

It's a job with some research and evaluation firm. The primary job task is doing technical assistance with states to help them use data for decision making on substance abuse prevention (needs assessment, program monitoring and evaluation). I think there's also some working to develop techniques in that area. I'll know more details tomorrow!

It sounds like you have a pretty job shot at getting one of those job. Best of luck to you!

Sounds cool Will. You seem like a really smart guy too. (Gorillas eat Bananas!) Sorry, inside joke.

But really, best of luck man, it all sounds really interesting, I wasn't bored at all

Keep us updated. We are your extended vegan family.

-Robert

I had the interview today. It was pretty grueling - about 45 minutes long and 3 people were interviewing me - but I feel like I did pretty well. 3 people were scheduled to interview for the job today, but one called in sick, so it's basically between me and one other person to see who gets the job.

I got a call today for a job interview as a contract/permit inspector for the state. I scheduled to interview for it next Tuesday. The good thing is that it pays pretty well and I would probably be good at it and learn some new skills. The only bad thing is that it's about two hours away, so if I get an offer it would require moving

One was for aerosol physics research, the other was to help assist national labs in all kinds of crazy research like laser induced fusion and what happens when you blow things up. I didn't really think so much of the second.