Re-gaining control. It's on like Donkey Kong

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way to funny on the mags!

You must be getting excited!

I am getting pretty excited But mostly for it to be over so that I can start eating more and put on some size. I feel I look too small in certain areas and its bugging me

Still need to pick out my music for the t walk. I am doing debut, novice and open so I want 3 different songs so as not to bore the judges. Any ideas? I'd really like something either hip hop, dance, or really anything with a beat that I can feel confident and sexy walking out to. something that makes you feel like partying.

I bought some vibram five fingers yesterday, I think it may help with some gait problems I'm having and I think they'll be good for deadlifts and squats.

This is the first time I have seen your posts. You look great! When is the show and exactly which categories are you doing? I know that feeling about getting close to a show and all you can think about is how nice it will be to eat again after it is over. Actually, trust me, it isn't as great as it sounds right now.

Thanks! I'm doing debut, and figured I might as well do novice and open too.

Whats crazy is the food I'm craving is not junk food really, I'd love to eat an entire bowl of fruit (mangos, cherries, you name it!) and of course pancakes =D

I know you just had a show (congrats again!) what music did you use- any music suggestions?

Well, I did pairs BB and did my posing routine to grease and I did figure which did not require me to chose music. I think what your doing is the same as figure or close to it since you are talking about a t-walk. I would use whatever music makes you feel strong and confident on stage. Can you give me a link to your rules for this comp and your category and a may have a better suggestion if I can see what it is you are actually doing. I have not done anything with OCB since they don't do much on the West Coast. I usually do INBA.

Ok. I found the site. I would do something that brings out your personality and is different. You want the judges to remember you. If you are a heavy metal gal do that, country go for it. Whatever will make you feel like the star that you are up there. And thank you for inspiring me. I have not been motivated for my comp on 8/22 and seeing you get ready just gave me a kick. I am going to do the World Natural BB comp in Cali. Go Vegans!

Sorry, I just saw your post. I was thinking of this song (I love working out to it)

Andrew WK she is beautiful

I understand the motivation thing! I'm struggling to keep mine up, especially when I just feel like I'm lacking in certain areas and can only do so much about it before August 14.

I like it! This is where I get my motivation when I get real close to a show...I think about what I get to eat if I make my goals for the show. (this works about 2 weeks out) Prior to that I get on lots of sites and look at lots of mags for inspiration. And, be proud of what you have done. You look great! Remember to always show it off in the gym too, it helps.

All I can think of is food!! =D I'm planning a baby shower for a friend and I've been getting the menu set (which is sort of torture, but I'm looking forward to testing it all before the actual shower). I've also been looking at magazines and results posted from recent OCB shows (it makes me feel like, "hey, look at them, I've got this!")

People in the gym are helpful, there are the regulars I see all the time and most of them know I am competing (some even said they want to come to the show).

I think my lack of motivation is simply because of hunger and exhaustion. I'm looking forward to eating clean still, just eating more and cutting my days back in the gym.

On another related note. I noticed that it has been 48 days since the start of my last menstrual cycle. Last month was really light and short and I'm a bit concerned since I haven't started yet. I'm not pregnant ( I know this for a fact). Just think my workout is a bit strenuous and obviously my calories are down and my weight (currently 126lbs at 5'8'). Anyone else have this problem?

Hey!

Sorry I've totally been away from the forum for weeks except for a little here and there.

Looking awesome!

Great to see you last week.

PS....there is a "chance" I am arranging my plans to drive back here from Chicago to DC to watch you complete and show my support.

Not set in stone yet but working on arranging it.

All the BEST with training! Keep working super hard!

That would be freaking awesome!! but, I understand if you don't make it. but still, it would be great! Sorry I didn't make it to the raw potluck, I took my mom to an animal sanctuary (trying to persuade her =D) how'd it go? We also never did that double date, if you come in August you'll have to come out to dinner with us (if you're able to)

At that weight you are not going to get your cycle. After the show, when you put some back on, you will return to normal. At can also be caused by the stress of the show. Just don't forget to eat and try to relax.

At that weight you are not going to get your cycle. After the show, when you put some back on, you will return to normal. At can also be caused by the stress of the show. Just don't forget to eat and try to relax.

Thanks! I'm more stressed that my actual posing suit hasn't arrived (at least I have my practice suit as back up)

I've been eating (just trying not to stray..) and I need to up my water I'm sure. I've been sidetracked yesterday and today (3 whole days of not working out, I feel guilty!) from being sick with a rough sinus infection. but I figure it's better to miss a few days and get better than to get worse and miss even more (or even worse the actual show).

+I have a posing session again next tuesday.

+getting a new tattoo tomorrow.

+finally getting my internship paper written (that's the plus to being sick).

- I had a nightmare about the contest last night, in it I forgot to bring my music and didn't realize it until I was supposed to go on. I had to borrow someone's music.

That is why you are having nightmares. They stop after the first comp. After that you become a pro. You are going to be great! Enjoy your success. And you have inspired me. I start my online journal. I think it is good to write everything down and rant when necessary.

phew, well I'm glad they'll go away eventually =D

I practiced my posing the other day and had my husband tape it- not too bad actually. It was the first run through with the andrew wk song I picked and without a mirror. I think it looked pretty good. I'll try to post it if I can figure it out.

on an awesome note- I'm going to see Heart tonight!!

on a not so awesome note- I got a little poison ivy on the back of my thighs from an outdoor photo shoot I had last Wednesday. I sure hope it goes away by August 14, that won't look too cute on stage

Hey girl! you are doing great

many girls I know lose their cycle in the months close to comp due to low BF and stress on the body.

Tan covers a lot as stated above, so it's all good.

Where did you get your suit, and what s the color? I have three but am getting another this year, so shopping around!

Thanks guys! I'm still a bit worried about the poison ivy, but I'm trying not to worry about it. I just hope it doesn't spread any more or get any worse ( not to be gross but covering up blisters may be a bit hard).

The suit it my pictures I got at fitnesspro.com it's a periwinkle color. but it' not the one I'm wearing at the comp. I ordered another from vandellacostumes.com and it will be a darkish purple (but I'm freaking out a bit since I haven't received it yet and the comp is next Saturday)