Body fat versus body mass

Alychef

Hi,

I just went to the gym and did about a 45 minute workout all on weights, only a cardio warmup. At the end of it I got on the bodyfat/weight scales....my bmi is 18.5 and my body fat percentage is 26.4%, body fat mass 11.7kg.

My question: how can I reduce my body fat without reducing my BMI?

My struggle: capacity for standard amounts of food-rubbish!! I can't eat very much at all and find myself eating small amounts of high cal foods. I protein supplement and eat little fat. I make sure I get my essential fats through seeds and flaxseed caps.

I think, the solution is; more cardio to lose fat nd more weights to increase lean mass. But it's the nutrition/diet stuff I'm not sure about!!

I'm quite new to all of this, so please be patient!!

Alychef

Ah...I have just done some googling! I've discovered that I actually need to lose 3kg of fat in order to reach a body fat percentage of 20%. So I guess that means pretty much what I suspected; cardio - bike, running, swimming to lose the fat. Then weights and protein to put on the muscle, thus increasing lean body mass without getting skinny??

I wonder if I got it right?

Alychef

Hi,

I just went to the gym and did about a 45 minute workout all on weights, only a cardio warmup. At the end of it I got on the bodyfat/weight scales....my bmi is 18.5 and my body fat percentage is 26.4%, body fat mass 11.7kg.

My question: how can I reduce my body fat without reducing my BMI?

My struggle: capacity for standard amounts of food-rubbish!! I can't eat very much at all and find myself eating small amounts of high cal foods. I protein supplement and eat little fat. I make sure I get my essential fats through seeds and flaxseed caps.

I think, the solution is; more cardio to lose fat nd more weights to increase lean mass. But it's the nutrition/diet stuff I'm not sure about!!

I'm quite new to all of this, so please be patient!!

Alychef

i've readed some articles, they said, if u want cut ur bodyfat while gain muscle u must do low carb ,moderate good fats, high proteins diet

do low intensity cardio ( 65% MHR) ,about 30-45 minutes

sorry 4 my english

There's not one precise way to lose bf and gain lean mass and each person has his favorite technic. But the basics are : exercise, and eat less. Do some cardio if you especially want to lose weight. Lift weight if you want to add muscles. Cut down on calories from fats and carbs until you see you lose about 1 pound per week.

I have indeed taken on all of your advice....I have had a day off from weights today- I've been concentrating on weights for days and days, so did a half of cardio tonight, on the exercise bike.

I haven't had my ritual square of very decent chocolate this evening either very very sad about that!

So, if I'm losing weight on the scales how will I know if it's fat or muscle??? I can do the body fat scales at the gym...but I don't really want to spend too much time on the scales. Not sure if it's that healthy for me.

I have been doing squats and lunges..but with 2 x 5kg DBs. Is that good? or not so good?