Where are you located and how old are you all?

kollision

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you moving? job related or something else ...just curious.

oh if anybody doesn't know I'm 28 and in NC.

My girls live near Pittsburgh with their mom. One week per month is all I have with them and it's really not enough. Mayla wants to join a soccer team and Malani wants to take ballet lessons. Their mom is fairly useless and they will never get to do these things unless I am there to take them.

Mayla started kindergarden this year too and I don't like pulling her out of school every month to come visit.

Ah that makes perfect sense.. for some reason I thought they lived in West Virginia and you would be moving further away from them. That is great news though that you will be closer.

Yes, they were in WV. They moved to Pennsylvania in May, but are still only about 15 minutes from WV. My ex's family live in WV, but in the northern panhandle, only about 30 minutes from Pittsburgh.

Michael, where do you plan to live in Pittsburgh? Same area? Where are they? Washinton, PA area?

I'm originally from Pittsburgh. Possibility I may be there to live again soon.

Yes, they are in Washington PA! Wow, somebody has actually heard of Washington PA.

Veganmadre coming to town! That would be awesome!

My girls would love to have some vegan friends, they are lacto-veg like their mom. They don't have any vegetarian friends. I have a good friend in Bridgeville with three lacto-veg children. I'm looking forward to introducing my girls to them. Add in your two and we could have a whole veg play group.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread K, but if you can hijack my training log..)

Edited by michaelhobson

21, Edinburgh Scotland.

could i just ask that you peeps in the US dont use two letter abreviations with states? as us non americans generally wont be able to work it out

i know where most of the states actually are (which is better than some americans i hear!) but im not that great

cheers!

jonathan

could i just ask that you peeps in the US dont use two letter abreviations with states? as us non americans generally wont be able to work it out

i know where most of the states actually are (which is better than some americans i hear!) but im not that great

Everyone already knows this, but just so I can participate in this thread ...

22 years old (yikes) and currently residing in Corvallis, Oregon (which would be OR, Jonathan), but home is Beaverton/Portland.

I think the other abbreviations already posted have been MD -Maryland, PA-Pennsylvania, WV-West Virginia, NC-North Carolina, if that helps.

And if you know the geography of the US then you are indeed better than most, because even I can't place all 50 states. I could at one point back in grade school, but now I just have a general idea. Plus, if it's in "the middle" I tend to ignore it. I don't have much use for the middle.

Compassionategirl aka compash (first invented by Richard and Topher) aka CG real name Natalie but my friends call me "Nat".

30 years old, Toronto, Canada.

I have no idea why I remembered this all of a sudden but do you all remember when Richard addressed Michael Hobson as "Mikey baby" in an old post?

Richard you continue to crack me up

and jonathan I agree with you about not knowing all the US state abbreviations, so full state name would be much helpful.

Greystoke Hall when I'm not in the jungle.

That cracked me up!

My name is Lezly -- I have a creative mother! I live in Boulder, Colorado & I'm 48, but mentally 23

My husband & I would love to move to the Northwest. Maybe Eugene, OR? Vancouver BC sounds nice too. However, until that happens, we live in a very lovely & progressive area.

Speaking of placing the 50 states - has anyone ever seen this? http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html

Cool!!

92%

average error: 17 miles

375 seconds

I'd have been screwed if I had to start with TN, KY or any of those midwestern states.

82%, avg error of 33 miles, and 262 seconds to complete.....

Better than I expected!!! And I had to start with Illinois, which I consider as part of the middle. As it turns out the only state I had NO idea where it is is Delaware....without that one my average error would have been a lot smaller, but apparently Delaware is a few hundred miles to the South of where I thought it was