This is really fun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Tasha, um I don't know, maybe I left there about 3:30? I could be wrong though... yesterday seems so long ago. Rob, I think you're right... we will definitely all meet up soon. If I don't see you guys before Wednesday, have a safe happy new year's eve! Oh well, there's still 3 days - we're bound to see each other soon!

Workout: the usual, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins running, biceps (added more weight and got a nice looking pump) triceps, abs, but only very little stretching today.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some celery, a scoop of vega with water

WORKOUT

some celery, 2 tomatoes, a little broccoli, and a veg burger

7 rice thins

a green pepper, a tomato, and a veg burger

a shot of patrõn

3 cups of popcorn

a few cocoa nibs

There is so much party food in this house. I need it to be gone.

Some cold leftover stuffing

Some chocolate truffle

Oh Tasha, um I don't know, maybe I left there about 3:30? I could be wrong though... yesterday seems so long ago. Rob, I think you're right... we will definitely all meet up soon. If I don't see you guys before Wednesday, have a safe happy new year's eve! Oh well, there's still 3 days - we're bound to see each other soon!

a shot of patrõn

Yeah I think we left around 4

We'll meet up, I think we are planning to go today around 1:30-2.

It is hard to resist temptation when it's right in front of you! How dare them for giving you those lol

If you don't want them in there, give to them to people that will eat it.

what is patrõn?

Keep up the great work VV, it amazes me that you can find time away from your hectic busy schedule. To come to the gym.

Another thing I want to point out for running outside. Keep doing what you're doing on the tredmill. You'll know mentally when it's time to run outside. It took me probably a year to run outdoors. I think it's because I didn't want to. It felt a lot easier to run at the gym because I had a system. Back then (5-6 yrs) I would run for an hr first thing in the morning.(hr coffee brake) Do a step class at 9am. If I had to work at night, I would do weights at noon. Go to work at night. Or if I wasn't working at night I would skip the weights at noon and go to a boot camp or a rebounder class at night. If I worked both jobs, I would just do the run and step in the morning. And work at noon until midnight. I did this everyday and a day off every couple of weeks from the gym. But no days off for work.

I think once I get my head in mentally, I'll be a lot more Constant.

Oh well any how, as I totally talk you ear off.

My Coach introduce me to Chi Running. You should check out this web site. It really helped improved my running.

My personal best 3 years ago was 36min 10k.

Chi Running http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php

I would lend you my CD. But I already lent it to someone. So you can copy it off my computer if you want to.

Best wishes for you to the New Years VV!! We have to meet up soon

Take care

Tasha

Thanks John, I needed that after my trip into leftover party food land.

Aw, Tasha, I didn't get to the gym till about 5 today.

Patrón is a really smooth kind of top shelf tequila made all from agave. Most cheap tequilas have no agave or very little, it's different than the expensive stuff. Patrón is my favorite because it's so smooth, and with a little lime and salt, on a hot day, it really hits the spot.

Yeah I've checked out the chirunning site, just reading around it helped me think about getting my stride more right, which is helping in injury recovery *i think* and wow yeah i would love to get our computers together, if their owners can ever swing it!

Tasha that's such an intense work out schedule you built in to your busy work days. Damn girl, you are hardcore! I don't even come close to that, but it's kind of along the same idea, that's why I wanted to work on running outside over winter break... How did you know when you were finally ready to run outside?

Another thing I figured out about my hesitation to take it outside - I don't wanna run on a track because I think tracks are so boring, but I'm intimidated by taking it to the unpredictable terrain of sidewalks/streets... afraid it will aggravate my injury. If I do this I'm going to have to do it when it's light out.

Workout notes: 30 minutes running is no problem really except a bit boring, I'm finding myself turning the speed up to run during what usually has been a 5 minute walking cool down... taking the run a little faster, especially at the end. I can't seem to turn the resistance up higher that 3 for very long on the elliptical cuz it bugs my leg, but I'm still taking it pretty fast. Today was deltoid day - I was a little emo, so I did reverse pec flys till failure. ROOOOAAAAR that felt so good.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some celery

some zucchini strand pasta with tomato, mushroom, and 1 1/2 veg sausages (120 cals, 12 g pro)

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

bok choy, carrot, and 2 veg burgers (200 cals, 26 g pro)

6 rice thins

a tsp of ground flax

2 cups of popcorn

some cocoa nibs

Aw, Tasha, I didn't get to the gym till about 5 today.

We just miss you again. We left just after 5. We arrived about 3:30 and left after 5 ish.

We'll run into together soon.

Yeah I've checked out the chirunning site, just reading around it helped me think about getting my stride more right, which is helping in injury recovery *i think* and wow yeah i would love to get our computers together, if their owners can ever swing it!

lol Do you have one those portable devices that loads information from other computers ?

Tasha that's such an intense work out schedule you built in to your busy work days. Damn girl, you are hardcore! I don't even come close to that, but it's kind of along the same idea, that's why I wanted to work on running outside over winter break... How did you know when you were finally ready to run outside?

I mentally felt like I should because I wanted a change of scenery. After a while It gets boring running on a belt all the time.

I started running on trails. I felt it was a lot softer on my legs and better on my shoes, then hitting the hard pavement. I didn't have to worry about stop lights, traffic or other cyclists in the way.

I felt free you know ?

There was one part were you had to watch out for horse back riders, people walking their dogs. You just had to try to go on not so busy times. If you wanted to avoid this.

This was a great 10km loop. A lot of professional triathletes trained on this course. People like Brendan Brazier, Simon Whitfield, Kristen Sweeney, Brent McMahon etc...

http://www.crd.bc.ca/parks/documents/elk_beaver_map_bw.pdf

Brendan introduce me to this run. This one was my favorite courses. I always felt some kind of rush to avoid the golf balls. Nothing ever came close to hitting me, but it was fun to think about.

http://www.golfcedarhill.com/index.php

Yeah google around for trails in Portland. I'm sure there's a ton. You might actually enjoy it a lot better then running inside all of the time. But remember just to take baby steps. I know I did especially when I got hit hard by a car from riding my bike. After being off the road for 9 months. I felt it was time to go back on the roads again. And then a year later I knew it felt right to train by myself again.

Another thing I figured out about my hesitation to take it outside - I don't wanna run on a track because I think tracks are so boring, but I'm intimidated by taking it to the unpredictable terrain of sidewalks/streets... afraid it will aggravate my injury. If I do this I'm going to have to do it when it's light out.

Cool I look forward to reading about it soon

2 tsp miso

I have the best raw miso tahini dressing recipe, that Lean and Green and thendanisays shared with me.

Ooo recipe swap time. I have a lot of tahini recipes, i love tahini-miso mixes num num.I have this soup that can be made hot or cold with tahini, miso, and ginger, it's pretty good. I loved seeing you at the gym yesterday Tasha! Now to get our computers together!

So I don;t think I will be running trails, any time son, if ever. I'm having a pretty hard time walking on trails... all it takes is one half buried tree root to cause my knee some grief... I wanna work up to it. Speaking of working up to stuff:

I ran outside on a track yesterday, only a half mile. I stopped halfway through to sort of scan myself and see how my injury was doing. It was fine. When I got home my knee was complaining a bit, but it went away pretty fast. I can do this. It's gonna happen. Some random thoughts about it:

- I love how freeing it is to run outside. I can sing to my ipod, smell a little bad and not worry about it, be more hood.

- I love how I can do it any time (only when it's light out for now, especially because I'm so clumsy.)

- I got to figure out some gear that will work for me, like when I'm gonna wanna wear short sleeves or long sleeves or sleeveless, I hate being caught with too much sleevage, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. I don;t wanna be caught outside with a hat and gloves and have to carry them if I don't need them. I'm a baby like that. Maybe I should just get tougher and less picky. But I think the easier and more comfortable I make this for myself, the better success I will have.

- I don't think I'll go outside today, I'm going to give my body a day to integrate it, and probably hit it again tomorrow.

- All in all, wicked yay for me!

Yesterday's gym workout - The usual, plus a few extra abs, bicep tricep day.

Yesterday food:

2 tsp miso

a zucchini, tomato, celery, and a veg sausage

a scoop of vega w/ h2o and a celery

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

2 rice thins

some nappa cabbage with portabello and 2 veg burgers

2 rice thins

Note to self on shoes: those supernovas are like running on happy soft squishy marshmallows. Better than the current pair of neutrals even.

First off huge CONGRATS for running outside! Especially in the cold cold weather, brrrrrrrrr.!

It's not too cold here, in Orlando during the winter but when it is colder, 50 degrees and under people vary in what they wear.

Some tend to still wear shorts, a long sleeve running type shirt, and if there's a lot of wind maybe a hat, and gloves. It's important to keep your hands and feet warm because they get colder faster, because the way the blood circulates in the body, and that can cause problems. I also love how running outside makes me feel. I have absolutely no comment about the way a person smells when they run, lol.

i'll fill more in later... right now, real quick, b4 i go out:

workout: everything felt strong except running felt awful, i was behind the heater and i think i'm fighting a sore throat and it made it worse, i hate being behind that stupid hot air vent, but i still ran 30 minutes even tho i felt faint at times and felt like i was gonna throw up at the end. pretty much yay me! a good way to ring out 2008. if i was a boy, they would say i went with my balls to the wall or however that expression goes. we need a new one, ovaries to the rotary? ovaries to the rosary? i don't think anything rhymes with labia.

food so far today:

2 tsp miso

celery and tomato with a scoop of veg and h2o

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

a bowl of spinach with 2 veg burgers

a bite of a granola bar and a bite of a cranberry cookie thing

2 cups popcorn

prob a couple drinks later

HAPPY NEW YEAR

filled with hope, wishes come true, shoulder rubs, vegan truffles, and impossible dreams that become real

<3

and love love love

I spent New Years day sick and sleeping except for when I got up to make black eyed peas and collard greens, which turned out pretty yummy. I made the greens with tons of ginger and garlic, the juice of some tangerines we got as a gift, and some tamari. OMG good. I didn't really drink the night before, just a couple siwigs of some crappy pink champagne and a couple sips of wine to toast the new year. I did eat a lot of high glycemic carbs, which I think probably assassinated my immune system. Six days of decent workouts in a row, I think it was ok to take a day off and carbo load.

Gonna try to hit the gym in a bit... it's so pretty out. No running in the snow for me!

Still sick. WTF. The day off did me good though, my entire workout was easy. I added more reps to reverse pec fly.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee and soy, half a vega bar

WORKOUT

other half of the vega bar

a handful of popcorn

lettuce, tomato, 2 chicken burgers (80 cals, 9 g pro each)

6 rice thins

a tsp of ground flax

nappa cabbage, broccoli, and a veg burger

maybe some more popcorn later

or some hot cocoa (20 cals of hershey cocoa, stevia, water)

I think i'll skip working and go to sleep early.

No running outside since the other day. It was pouring out this morning so I just hit the gym. I'll try tomorrow. Today's workout was great. Elliptical was easy, I ended 30 minutes of running at 7.5 mph, then when I did 3 more at between 6 and 6.5, it felt like nothing. Bicep/tricep day, little different abs routines.

I feel kind of like I failed at the goal of getting myself running outside over christmas break. I have excuses, i guess: having 2 bad colds and the blizzards got in the way. Still, I know I was hesitant, and if I really really really really wanted it, I would have found a way. Responsibilities of my jobs are starting back up again, it's going to be a pretty busy quarter. IDK if I'll be able to find the time to concentrate on running over the next 10 weeks, but I want to. I do want to. I should before it starts to get warm outside! So my commitment is going to be to look honestly at my time constraints on the weekends and run outside if I can. If I can't, no guilt - but I have to be really honest with myself about why I'm not doing it.

Food today:

2 tsp miso

a couple little tomatoes and a piece of celery

coffee and soy, half a vega bar

WORKOUT

other half of the vega bar

lettuce and 2 cups??? of popcorn

a bowl of spinach and a whole package of trader joe's beef strip things

a tsp of ground flax

a couple pickles

2 cups? more of popcorn

a small acorn squash

some bites of chocolate rice dream

This gym routine got kind of boring over break. I think it will be easy to maintain during the next crazy ten weeks, and hopefully it will be easy to increase more time on the treadmill. If I do that, I'll take time off the elliptical. I really don't have time to do more than an 65 minutes of cardio plus a little weight lifting, etc, 5 times a week. I wonder if it's time to retire these old shoes? I did good today, I passed through some kind of tough mental boundaries about working out today. I'm proud of myself.

Food:

1 tsp miso

a tomato and a rice thin

some celery, tomato, and a scoop of vega with h2o

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 a vega bar

two handfuls of popcorn and a rice thin

napa cabbage, zucchini, and 2 veg burgers

1/2 a piece of gingerbread (it;s everything i can do to not eat the other half. I won't. wtf, I'm not gonna eat white flour)

a tsp of ground flax

2 or three cups of popcorn

Yup I switched back to the new shoes today and they were pretty comfy. Hardly any joint pain. One of my feet got a a little numb for a bout 5 minutes but I shook it out and it went away...

All in all, not a bad workout after a long first day back at work. Coffee helped, I was hella tired, i couldn't sleep very well last night.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 cucumber

a zucchini, a tomato, and a veg sausage

some celery

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a tsp of ground flax

2 rice thins, a bowl of mixed veggies, and a veg burger

2 1/2 cups of popcorn

I am really craving sugar right now... munching on cocoa nibs

Yes! I love yeast on popcorn, and on other stuff too. I don;t usually put it on popcorn cuz of the few extra calories, so I havem't been keeping it in the house.

Workout: Bike commute day. I was Jean-Luc Picard, 'cause my quads were engaged. I feel like I'm finally getting myself back, and I love it.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

some green beans

some cherry tomatoes

part of a green pepper

zucchini, a tomato, and a veg sausage

a little bit of coffee

a handful of popcorn with a small tomato

some blended cauliflower

4 cups of popcorn

lettuce, tomato, celery, 2 pickles and a veg burger

some nibbles of pastry... this sugar thing at the end of the day is starting to get to me. I'm on it tomorrow.

Fun night running at the gym tonight, and strong night lifting too (deltoids) even though it was hot and hella crowded. Glad I made myself do it. My extra couple of minutes after running 30 was faster than it has been, it felt slow. So there is progress.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 green pepper

4 celeries with ginger

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, 1 veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

lettuce, tomato, veg burger

spinach and mushrooms with a little cocoa and salsa

2 cups of popcorn

a tsp of flax

5 rice thins

I need to stay up late tonight and do a lot of work, so I poured a bunch of cocoa (15 calories worth?) into a cup with a drop of soy creamer, a drop of soy milk, 2 packets of stevia, and some water. Hopefully it will keep me going till I'm done. I'm pretty tired and I have the munchies for sugar sugar sugar.

Thursday:

my thursday 12 hour work day turned into a 13 hour workday for the next 10 weeks. No workout.

Thursday food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

some celery

a cucumber

a zucchini, a tomato, a veg sausage

some lettuce and a tsp of ground flax

coffee, soy

broccoli, and a veg burger

a lot of popcorn, maybe cups

Friday

added more minutes to running!

So the workout stands at 30 mins elliptical (fast) 37 mins running (start at 5.8, end at 7.5 after 35 minutes, walk for a minute, then 2 more at 6.0 or higher) a little lifting (yesterday was biceps and triceps) abs or core work, stratching (if I have time for a good stretch.)

Friday food

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

a cucmber

some celery

a zucchini, a tomato, and a garden chicken burger

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

some napa cabbage, a tomato, a zucchini, and a veg burger

1 cup of popcorn

Same cardio as yesterday, deltoids, no abs, but a while on the basketball court till i almost couldn't function. So fun! Hope to do it again.

Food:

a scoop of vega with a cucumber and pumpkin pie spice and h2o, with a tomato

half a vega bar

WORKOUT

half a vega bar

a tomato with a tsp of flax

a gardenburger chicken

a can of garbonzos blended with lemon, ginger, and a tsp of flax, with some celery

half a shot of bacardi añejo

i think i might eat something else, idk what

30 elliptical 35 running plus 2 min interval. Running slow is getting harder, running fast is getting easier. It feels so good to open up. I'm a little worried about my knees, they don't like to bend so much all the way after i'm done running. Today lifting was easier than running, which is a change, I wonder why? I think it has to do with the carb to protein ratio I'm eating.

Food

a scoop of vega with half a cuke, a little celery, and water

half a vega bar and coffee with soy

WORKOUT

the other half a vega bar

bok choi, green pepper, jalapeno, and mushroom with 2 veg burgers

4 cups of popcorn

some tea in a minute,

oops forgot the flax...

It must be the maca!!!

Same cardio, deltoids etc tonight. I loved running tonight.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

some celery

a summer squash, a tomato, and a veg sausage

a cucumber

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

spinach, artichokes, a veg burger

3 cups popcorn

forgot the flax again, will get it in a sec