This is really fun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok! I'll try to find some pdx snow and keep it in the freezer for you till you get back.

Workout: 30 mins elliptical, long fun hang out break, 2+35+2 running, delts, abs

Kinda tired today, up late last night, even thought I lounged around a lot today. mmmm Good energy for working out... had a couple stops to make on the way home, but the whole time out i was insanely freezing cold till I could get some hot food into me while standing in front of the open oven. I'll try to work in some macrobiotic theory into my diet to deal with this coldness.

Food:

blended celery, tomato, ginger, 1/2 cup garbonzos

2 cups popcorn

a scoop of vega super maca power fuel powder and h2o

coffee, soy

1/2 vega bar

broccoli. zucchini, 2 veg burgers

2 cups popcorn

a chunk of bread

2 diet root beers which were omg delicious and extremely unhealthy

2 diet root beers which were omg delicious and extremely unhealthy

Have you thought about making a big jug of decaffeinated green tea tossing it in the fridge and then when you get hungry or thirsty in the evening, just pouring yourself a glass? Reaching for the sodas seems as if it might be a convenience thing? Also note that green tea is an appetite suppressant.

How are the garbonzos working for you? PM me if you want some spice combo suggestions.

Luckily diet soda upsets my tummy so I don't drink it too much. It's poison. That green tea idea is a good one! The problem is with caffeine at night... Sometimes if I go to a show at night I'll do a little caff first. Do you keep made green tea in the fridge? Does it keep you up at night?

Yep! I think the garbonzos early in the day are working for me. Theyre keeping me satisfied. Other legumes might be good to mix it up, but since I love love garbonzos I'll stick with them for a while.

Workout:

Same as day b4, except bicep cable and dip machine.

I almost didn't finish or even do my run! I felt so creeky and low energy from not sleeping, the ankle on my uninjured foot gave out a couple times, my foot hurt, the guy next to me stank, I was too close to the heater, I had to pee, my playlist was sucking...

But

I did it.

Proud of myself.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

a cucumber

celery sticks

1/2 cup of garbonzos, a zucchini, a tomato

a veg sausage patty

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1 tsp flax, 3 cups of popcorn

artichoke hearts, green beans, carrot, and a veg burger, a chunk of bread

a little chocolate

Luckily diet soda upsets my tummy so I don't drink it too much. It's poison. That green tea idea is a good one! The problem is with caffeine at night... Sometimes if I go to a show at night I'll do a little caff first. Do you keep made green tea in the fridge? Does it keep you up at night?
decaffeinated green tea

Yep I normally have a jug of decaffeinated green tea in the fridge or my secret banaba leaf and cinnamon, but that one is more of a insulin regulation tea than anything. Oh and yes I didn't misspell banana...it is banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa). As John V knows I get ahold of a bunch of exotic leaves and herbs over at a local asian grocery down my block. She'll order just about anything for me.

How come you're trying to regulate insulin? I use herbs too. I don't really write about it too much here though.

Yesterday workout:

Same, deltoids, much easier.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

a cup? of green beans

some cherry tomatoes

3 rice cakes

zucchini, tomato,1/2 cup garbonzo beans

2 oat cakes and a veg sausage (1 hour b4 workout, was a little much to digest - protein shake time maybe)

WORKOUT

a bowl of artichokes and broccoli with a veg burger

3 cups of popcorn

some bites of zero carb chocolate (malitol) which was pretty tasty

How come you're trying to regulate insulin? I use herbs too. I don't really write about it too much here though.

I'm a herb fan only cuz I know a ton about them The reason why I regulate my insulin levels is primarily because I've got diabetes all throughout my family history. I've been tested twice before and came up in the clear, but I've found that the more I mind my sugar intake and not try to spike my insulin levels the more it helps towards my fat loss goals. So basically I am mindful during the day.

Cool! Have you studied herbs with anyone in a formal setting?

I also have a family tree full of diabetes... I got myself a blood sugar monitor for free by buying some cheap test strips. Sometimes there seems to be a ton of those kind of deals at Walgreens type places... Hmmm that reminds me... I think people like you and me are much safer from type 2 diabetes, because of our consciousness around our diets.

Yesterday workout:

Bike commute only. (no snow, awwwwwww) Tired, yet graceful and elegant.

Yesterday food

2 tsp miso

some green beans

a couple cherry tomatoes

a zucchini, a tomato, and 1/2 cup garbonzos

3 rice cakes

3 cups of popcorn

a bowl of spinach and a zucchini and a veg burger

a 5 squares of zero carb chocolate

i was trying to avoid the moist, sweet, delicious, gingerbread someone left out on the table... it didnt work. I ate probably about 750 calories worth of it

That sounds like a very nice job.

Yesterday workout:

toiling away for wages from 8:30 am -10 pm

Yesterday food

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, 1/2 cup garbonzos

1 green pepper

blended celery, tomato, ginger and a tsp of flax with 1 veg burger

coffee, soy

3 zero carb chocolate bites

1 cup popcorn

2 flaxy muffins

some broccoli and a veg burger

Wow two days off of running made running yesterday feel so strong! I'm sure the angst from the staff meeting helped too. Did on of my sets of dips at 150#.

AND there were some boys doing many silly push ups in the gym lobby as I was waiting to leave... omg flashes of bright green and hair everywhere! smelled like raw food.

Workout:

30 mins elliptical, 2+37+2 running, bis/tris, 1-2? mins running, abs, 2 mins run

Food:

(eating too close to running i think gave me side cramps)

2 tsp miso

coffee/soy

some celery and a few baby carrots

a scoop of vega and h20

1/2 of a super stale vega bar i found in the bottom of my bag as i was starving through a wacky long staff meeting

a couple bites of banana bread i found to take with my vitamins

3 oat cakes

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a cup of popcorn

a bowl of green beans and a veg burger with a kind of alot of bread

Saturday

30 mins elliptical, 2+37+2 running, delts, 2 mins run, abs, stretch

running felt strong, so did weight training

Food:

2 tsp miso

lettuce, tomato, green pepper with 1 cup popcorn & 2 squares of chocolate

a scoop of vega w/ h20

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a tomato and a veg burger

5 cups popcorn while watching slum dog millionaire

1/2 cup garbonzos with tomato, celery,and a tsp of ground flax

some potato chips, not too many, maybe 150 cals worth?

The plan is to go back to pretty clean eating this week

Today (Sunday)

Same workout as yesterday, except biceps, triceps, and the last 2 minutes on the 37 min run were at 7 mph instead of 7.5. My lungs weren't feeling it, but also I was really hungry.

Reinforces the issue about seeing a trainer.

-I'm spending so much time at the gym these days, it would be really great if I could make my time there more efficient

-If I'm going to keep running like this, I need to fine tune my diet to it

-My brain is also starting to try to drift me away from it "if you're running this much, and you're tired, shaving off a couple minutes of cardio won't kill you" um, yes it will, little devil on my shoulder, stfu

So for the next 7 weeks of this crazy schedule, I need to stay motivated to not only just maintain, but hopefully to tear it up. I think a trainer will help with that, now I just have to find a time where I can actually make an appointment to do it, and then actually do it.

Food:

1 tsp miso

some celery and tomato with ginger; a scoop of vega with h2o; a handful of popcorn

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a (whole!) vega bar

a bowl of broccoli and cauliflower with 2 veg burgers

a couple rice chips and 4 squares of carb free chocolate

a lime larabar

4 cups of popcorn

Was so nice to meet you; you're a SWEETHEART! I'm sure we'll be running into eachother more often now that we have met in person and are more recognizable.

Go for it; a trainer is a good thing. One of the few things I have felt comfy selling the idea of onto others. It always good to be pushed. I've been a personal trainer; i've had other people train me. It's motivating!

She is a sweet heart isn't she LG ?

Do you still want to come by to pick up your shirt and yoga pants ? I saved a pair for you.

Nice to see you're being consistent with your workouts. I like the fact that you keep a food journal.

Keep up the work VV

See you soon

Was so nice to meet you; you're a SWEETHEART! I'm sure we'll be running into eachother more often now that we have met in person and are more recognizable.

Go for it; a trainer is a good thing. One of the few things I have felt comfy selling the idea of onto others. It always good to be pushed. I've been a personal trainer; i've had other people train me. It's motivating!

It was great to meet you too. You guys are great! So, so glad we hooked it up. That gym is becoming a vegan mecca. May our tribe increase...

Maybe we can do some kind of PR thing for veganism there?

Hey Tashie, yes I need pants... If wear any more rips through another pair, I'm not going to have anything to train in... Hopefully get them b4 this weekend... maybe tomorrow? It will be great to see you!

I love making these logs, it keeps me honest. Speaking of which

Monday workout:

30 mins elliptical, 2+37+2 running, delts, abs

I felt so strong today, and had so much energy, weights were no prob and I would have run longer if I had more time. I carbed it up during the day, I think it made such a difference, and I wasn't insanely cold as the day went on

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy, 1 cup jicama

1 green pepper

a zucchini, a tomato, 1/2 cup garbonzos

some celery

a piece of banana bread with my vitamins, what a great combo

3 oat cakes

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a veg burger and a bowl of broccoli

4 squares of low carb chocolate

3 cups of popcorn

Thanks. We shall see what happens today. I'm glad the switch up on your diet is working for you too, John. Isn;t LG awesome? Actually, aren't we all?

Tuesday workout:

Bike commute only, ran around a bit, had fun, sunshine, no wind, tried some diff hills

Food:

2 tsp miso

some green beans

some cherry tomatoes

a brownie jocolat larabar omfg how delicious

a zucchini, a tomato, 1/2 cup garbonzos

a bowl of brussles sprouts

6 squares of no carb chocolate

some lettuce, tomato and green pepper with 2 veg burgers

4 cups popcorn

I love my body so much. I love how it does what I ask of it. I love how with time I can tune it to do what I want. I love how my quads move when I need to go somewhere. I love how I can come back from an injury. I'm so strong! Sometimes, when I'm in the shower, slipping the soap over my muscles, I thank them. I thanked them today when I was running.

Workout:

30 mins elliptical, 5+37+2 mins running, bis/tris, abs, 2 more mins running so I didnt get cold on the way home

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

a red pepper

some celery

a zucchini, a tomato, 1/2 cup of garbonzos

a lime larabar

3 pieces of flourless sprout bread

2 chocolate truffles

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

2 cups of popcorn, a bowl of nappa cabbage, and a veg burger

4 squares of that low carb chocolate

a chocolate orange jocolat larabar

Wow what a lot of junkie stuff, when I change my routine when I travel in a couple days I should be able to work on breaking out of this junkfood trap better

I love my body so much. I love how it does what I ask of it. I love how with time I can tune it to do what I want. I love how my quads move when I need to go somewhere. I love how I can come back from an injury. I'm so strong! Sometimes, when I'm in the shower, slipping the soap over my muscles, I thank them. I thanked them today when I was running.

I like the idea of thanking your muscles. I am gonna start kissing the ones I can reach and blowing kisses to the ones I can't

Pics or it didnt happen!

No Thursday workout, worked 8:30 am to 10 pm

Thursday food:

2 tsp miso

1 cup jicama

a green pepper

some celery

3 pieces of bread

4 truffles

some lettuce, lemon, and a tsp of ground flax

coffee, soy

a bowl of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, with a veg burger

3 cups of popcorn

Today's workout

30 mins elliptical, 5+37+2 mins running, delts, 6 mins running, abs

Too many hard to digest carbs too close to running, it hurt.

Today's food:

1 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1/2 cup baby carrots

a green pepper

some celery

3 peices of bread

2 oat cakes

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of nappa cabbage and 2 veg burgers with 2 oat cakes

2 cups popcorn

a gross chocolate mint larabar

coffee, soy

Back from the mountains! I didn't really do anything too strenuous, just walking and soaking in hot springs. It felt good to get back into the gym yesterday. Somehow I came home 5 pounds lighter... probs all water, hopefully not loss of muscle after only 3 days with not training!

Yesterday's workout

20 mins elliptical, 5+2+37+5 mins running, bis/tris, 5 mins running, abs

No food log, cuz I don;t know when yesterday offically started.

hot springs

Another reason I miss my life in New Mexico. Maybe you soaked off those couple of kgs.

Aha John-John, you're right again! I was dehydrated all day. It was a really nice hot springs though, Prob not as nice as the ones in NM...

Today's workout

30 mins elliptical, 5+37+2 mins running, delts, 5 mins running, skipped abs, had a stomach ache, but so much energy

I really got to switch it up to an afternoon shake meal instead of hard to digest proteins and carbs

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 green pepper

a yellow squash, a tomato, 1/2 cup garbonzo beans

some celery and 5 oatcakes

a soy sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of mixed veggies (broccoli, carrot, squash, etc) with a veg burger

a peanutbutter square