This is really fun

i love reading your blog. youre very consistant. its pretty admirable.
Thanks Dani. idk if consistent is that good though. Maybe consistent is keeping me from branching out, taking risks, and doing new stuff, ya know? We should try and workout over spring break...

Tackle the tasks as they present themselves to you. One-by-one knock them down and press forward.

Jeez, thanks for this, I know that so well, but reading it helped me panic a lot less.

Sunday:

My new split is gonna be legs/chest/bis and back/tris/shoulders. I'll prob do abs every other day. I think I worked pretty hard yesterday around 3 hours, the most intense was leg extensions right after running, I was sore almost immediately after I got done! E had the brilliant idea of me eating a couple plain dates after working out for simple carbs (with some kind if protein) since I don't like "fresh" winter fruit. He's brilliant, he really helps me focus, shows me such good stuff, and pushes me just the right amount i need. Like... I'm gonna start adding girl push ups...Lookout world. This workout helped me feel less stressed out.

Only one week left of stupid schedule.

Food:

A tomato , celery, and ginger blended with a tsp of miso

A scoop of berry vega and a tbs of coco with h20

An apple larabar

Coffee, soy

WORKOUT

½ vega bar

a chai lunabar

stewed veggies and a veg burger

2 cups of popcorn

5 mambas

1/3 cup of oatmeal

Then I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep, I was so hungry and probably stressed, I really needed to eat, so i went for 3 cups popcorn and it was so amazingly delicious

I see now looking at this I should have gone for protein, and if I ate more earlier I wouldn't have been that hungry. I'm sleepy this morning, obviously digetsing food while trying to sleep in the middle of the night isn't good for getting quality rest.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll prob do abs every other day.
Since you're gonna throw in more days for abs, here is a suggestion, to avoid over training. Each day focus on a different abdominal region. Rectus abdominis, this is a large flat muscle wall that runs from the lower chest to the pubic bone. Obliquus abdominis, this muscle runs diagonally along the side of the mid-section from the lower ribcage to the pubic area. Transversus abdominis, this is a thin strip of muscle that runs horizontally across the abdomen.

If you're interested in specific exercises that target any of those regions, PM me. I know a bunch of weighted resistance exercises. Of course I totally believe in resistance for abs and not endless sit ups/leg ups.

Aw thank you. I do need to work on obliques more, right now I kind of just do them as an afterthought. Dedicating a whole day to them would work for me. I have to be careful for my back and all my old broken rib injuries though so it will take some experimenting...

Monday: The stress is getting to me, my stomach was killing me yesterday. I had to break up my treadmill run cuz of it. Only trained abs cuz most of the rest of my muscles were still sore from Sunday's training session. I'm gonna be chill today.

30 mins elliptical, 45+10 mins running, abs

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

a scoop of vega in h2o

a few baby carrots

3 cookies

some celery

a yellow squash a tomato, ½ cup of garbonzos

a veg sausage and 3 more cookies

Coffee, soy

WORKOUT

2 dates

spinach, a pepper and a veg burger

a cucumber

a lunabar (the 180 cal 10 g pro kind)

I love a woman willing to experiment.

Tuesday:

I'm fighting a cold. So I just took it easy, did a slow bike commute, slammed some herbs, and ate whatever I felt like. I'll see how I feel at the gym later, I plan to push myself just a little.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

a scoop of vega in h2o

2 cups of green beans

3 massive cookies

a yellow squash, some celery, and a veg burger

4 cups of popcorn and some cherry tomatoes

a tomato, a pepper, some celery and ginger with a veg burger

a lunabar

7 dates

Thanks John, I am, it takes some remembering though.

wednesday: I was gonna just maybe do some gentle cardio on the elliptical, but then once i got started i found that i had really good energy, my lungs just were hurting... then it pretty much didn't matter. One of the things that got me going was that I knew it was the end of this crazy 11 weeks, and i didn't wanna let anything break my stride. I didn't.

even though my stomach was still killing me yesterday, i feel much better this morning.

30 mins elliptical, 50 minutes run, tris, shoulders, pushups

Food:

again, just ate what I felt like, in an attempt to work with my body to get through stress and fight this bug.

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

a scoop of vega in h2o

a muffin and 2 cookies

some celery

a yellow squash, some pepper and basil, and a veg burger

a lunabar

a muffin

WORKOUT

3 dates

a tomato, a pepper, some broccoli and ginger with a veg burger

a lunabar

Then I fell dozed off and I had to wake back up to get some more work done, so I ate 7 dates with a couple mouthfuls of popcorn which was really delicious

I know, they're so delicious I can't stand it. Eating like my body is telling me to might be working. I either kicked it or it's waiting around to fuck up spring break.

Thursday:

too hectic to even keep a food log... it was pretty typical except there were 2 bagels involved at night.

Workout didn't rly happen, just a short bike commute to job # 2.

Friday:

I ate a lot of food. I didn't keep track really... but I'm pretty sure i did the right thing. hey, i was fighting a cold and hella stressed. i couldn't go wrong, really.

So I got to the gym and changed into the workout clothes I brought and noticed the shirt my daighter washed for me was hella stinky. I thought, wtf, it must be my nose from fighting a cold, I'll wear it and it won;t be so bad. But it was very, very bad. After 30 mins on the elliptical, i got my wallet and bought a shirt at the gym. They didn't have much for cheap so I got this top I would never usually wear at the gym, 12 bucks, put it on, and went back to running. After, when I was doing some leg work, this guy needed somethin g and he asked me if I was a trainer. That made me feel pretty good! I don't look like a trainer, but I guess i look different than i thought.

workout: (holla to vh1's top 100 songs of the 90s)

30 mins elliptical, 50 mins running, legs, chest, bis and pushups

i'm gonna shoot for being able to do 50 in a row by the middle of june. i can only do 10 girl ones now. it's gonna be a busy 12 weeks, but I need a challenge.

Saturday:

I'm such a dork. I was doing tricep extensions and on my last set of 20 my right arm failed. I was like wtf how can my left arm be that much stronger? Then I realized I was using a heavier dumbell on my right arm. This is the second time I did that this month.

I need to figure out a good way to superset some things, hopefully will do that today.

30 mins elliptical, 50 mins running, tris, shoulders, back, abs

Food:

Ginger, tomato, celery blended with h2o and a tsp of miso

A scoop of berry vega with a tbs of cocoa in h2o

coffee, soy and a ginger larabar

WORKOUT

8 dates, a veg burger, some baby carrots, and 4 cups of popcorn

steamed artichoke hearts and a package of tj’s pulled chicken

an oatmeal raisin luna bar and a few mouthfuls of popcorn

Sunday:

My biggest challenge with cardio was being bored as hell. Also, lifting wore me out but i think it's mostly cuz i'm still fighting this cold thingy. I ended up unexpectedly not going home after working out so I ate more bars than I would have liked, but all in all not too bad. First day of my cycle so I was predictably wanting to eat constantly.

Workout:

30 mins elliptical

prone and side planks

1 legged bridges

leg band squats

superset wide grip pull downs (20@40x2) and tri press downs (20@50x2)

superset lateral raise (20@5x2) and dumbell row (20@15x2)

skull crusher (20@20x2) which will be supersetted with military presses in the future

50 mins running

2x10 pushups

Food:

Ginger, tomato, celery blended with h2o and a tsp of miso

A scoop of vanilla chai vega with ginger, a tsp of flax, & a tbs of cocoa in h2o

coffee, soy and a cocoa larabar

WORKOUT

5 dates and a lemon lunabar

a chocolate cliff bar to wake me up after I fell asleep in the coffeeshop

munched on some raw veggies and 3 corn chips

2 cups of popcorn, a bowl of chard, and 2 veg burgers

8 dates

a smores lunabar

3 dates

I feel kind of wobbly with some of my new routine, till my body gets more tuned to it, I won't increase weight.

30 mins elliptical

50 mins running

prone and side planks

1 legged bridges

leg band side walking

superset db chest press(1@10x20, 1 @12x20) bb bicep curl (2@20x20 the 30 was mia)

superset cable chest fly (2@20x20) db bicep curl (2@10x20 gonna bump that up 4 sure next time)

superset seated leg extension (2@40x20) seated ham curl (2@50x20)

abs

almost forgot the push ups but went back to do them

thinking about moving cardio to the end of my workout like the good girl i know i am.

Food:

Ginger, tomato, celery, basil, flax blended with h2o

A scoop of berry vega & a tbs of cocoa in h2o

1 piece of bread

coffee, soy, apple larabar

WORKOUT

8 dates

salad greens, a tomato, and 10 oz of high pro tofu (300 cals 42 g pro)

1 rice cake

salad greens and a veg burger

2 lunabars

a few mouthfuls of popcorn

idk if it was all those dates or the hi pro tofu, but i felt pretty good after i ate it. i'm thinking i need to add more diverse protein to my diet more.

Ur such a hippy.

That's a god idea though, I have some, I just need to eat it, I'll try today.

*all who wander are not lost*

Thank you! Glad you can appreciate a "god" idea regardless of how hairy the genius of origin is.

Took a day off running, biked back and forth to the gym, lifted while I was there and screwed around a little with some friends. It was so fun, i caught up with a fast guy a couple blocks ahead of me, played cat and mouse with him for a bit, then left him in the dust at my will. At nighttime I was just sitting there watching a movie and I felt my left rotator cuff all of a suden hurt. I guess I wasn't ready for planks again yet.

Workout:

bike only 6 miles

leg band squats

front and side planks

superset (when possible) wide grip pull downs (1@40x20) (2@50x20)and tri press downs (3@50x20)

superset dumbell row (1@15x20) (1@20x20) db military press (2@10x20)

superset lateral raise (3@5x20) and db tricep extension (1@10x20)([email protected])

weighted hyperextension (3@10x20) (shout out to manuel!)

pushups 3x10

Food:

1 piece of bread

coffee, soy, a bowl of oatmeal (200 c, 8 g pro)

WORKOUT

Scoop of vega in h20

Chard, pepper, tomato, and 10 oz of high pro tofu (300 cals 42 g pro)

a lunabar

4 cups of popcorn and a cookie (unexpected movie night)

I totally could have done without the popcorn. I wanted that cookie bad though.

Chocolate chip?

30 mins elliptical

50 mins run

leg band side walking

superset db chest press(1@10x20, 2@12x20) db bicep curl (2@15?x20)

superset cable chest fly (2@20x20) bb bicep curl (2@20x20)

superset seated leg extension (2@50x20) prone ham curl (2@30x20)

hanging leg raises

push ups

Was feeling kind of weak and dizzy. I was crampier than I've been in many moons. Cardio was fine, resistance was fine, I even went past my fail point from the last time I did cable flys, but I could not for the life of me finish my last set of pushups. I left the gym so tired out.

Food:

1 piece of bread

coffee, soy, a bowl of oatmeal (200 c, 8 g pro)

WORKOUT

8 dates

broccoli, pepper, and 10 oz of high pro tofu (300 cals 42 g pro)

2 lunabars

a larabar

most of a scone (no cookie )

Thursday:

30 mins elliptical

50 mins running

leg band squats

superset wide grip pull downs (3@50x20) and tri press downs (3@60x20)

superset dumbell row (1@15x20) (1@20x20) lateral raise (2@5x20)

superset db military press (2@10x20) skullcrushers(2@20x20)

decline sittups 20 10 10

pushups 3x10

Ginger, tomato, kale, flax blended with h2o

1 piece of bread

coffee, soy, oatmeal (200 c, 8 g pro)

WORKOUT

3 dates

a tomato

turnip greens and a package of tj’s pulled seitan chicken

a lunabar

salad greens, a red pepper, and a veg burger

a larabar

an emergen-c

Friday:

I ran outside for 2 miles. I did it! It was easy too. I wanted to go more but... 2 miles was good enough for a first time. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do a 5k some time this spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXgmdTBzqo&feature=related

Run 2 miles

Crunches, side crunches

Leg lifts, side lifts

One legged bridges

Front plank

30 mins elliptical

hanging leg lifts

combo crunches

Coffee, soy

WORKOUT

Hemp (120c 13g pro) Ginger, tomato, kale, flax blended with h2o