This is really fun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, women. it's coming along... i wish it was faster, but i learned very much through all of this so there are alot of positives. it's been 4 1/2 weeks now. i keep telling myself, any day now, any day it will be good to go.

i got reminded today that the body surrounds the break with more bone that it needs, and it's gonna be stronger there than my other bones. i forgot that... it cheered me up

wednesday

i felt kind of sloppy and unfocused today. i was pushing more weight around but it made me feel weak... i couldn't really tell if i was stronger or better, i just felt wiped. the bike was even harder for the first 25 minutes.

ended the session playing with the calf press. i started the broken foot with 10 pounds, increased by 5 up to 35, which hurt, took it down to 30 and did a bunch of reps... couldnt even come close to pushing that muscle. i didn't rly test my other calf.

20 mins elliptical

back & tris w/ed

30 mins bike

i think i'm gonna get my bike out of the shop this weekend.

Thursday - just a long work day

Friday

30 mins bike - felt stronger

abs/push ups stuff with r

--- 5x30 hanging leg lifts, can crunch on the ball now, 60 sec knee balance on ball

5 min treadmill - running was not ok walked between 3&4

10 or 15 min elliptical

broken foot up to 70# on calf press, could only manage 30 on wednesday

I finally feel like this this is gonna be ok

I need to reassess my goals.

a hot salt bath? yeah i could go soak my foot in some warm carribean waters.

Saturday:

Workout 1:

legs/shoulders/obliques

Workout 2:

worked with r, could do leg band squats, leg band walking, wall balls, hip drops, actually was able to jump up to the pull up bars once, could stand on the med ball for a little bit

30 mins bike

legs/obliques/shoulders

Food:

coffee/soy

WORKOUT 1

brazil nut

2 scoops protein, pear

200 cal oatmeal

coffee/soy

WORKOUT 2

2 scoops protein

2 chocolate covered pretzels

250 cal tofu, zucchini, tomato, carrots, builder bar

builder bar

go free bar

Sunday

woke up with sore hams prob from the hypers and quads killing down low, right where i need em for the bike. yeah buddy. they got more sore as the day went on. foot was pretty owie, still is today (monday)

on the trainer i felt stronger, started up a level, felt like i finally had 300 watts in my sight, made a couple intervals a little longer.

i'm afraid to get in the pool again, it's such a big dealto lug all my stff around, get into my suit, and then find out it either hurts to swim or the water is too cold. i guess i'll try next weekend at the latest.

Workout 1

chest/bis/abs timed

35 mins bike

Workout 2

30 mins elliptical

Food:

coffee/soy

WORKOUT 1 << 2 scoops protein

scoop of protein, pear

200 cal oatmeal

coffee/soy

Workout 2

builder

250 cal tofu, broccoli, 2 lunabars

builder

stevia lemonade

db flies: go to 27.5 (increase all weight)

db crunch: try 35

tuesday

30 mins stationary bike

chest/bis/abs

intensity on the bike was fine, not so much with the weights, it felt weak, but looking back on it i dont think it was actually too too bad. ran out of juice though, didn't have it in me to do more cardio. i think this was the first time in a year that i couldnt use the energy from a bad day to drive my workout. well, i could at first i guess but it only lasted for a little while.

it was supposed to be a leg day but my quads are still sore. i wonder if im getting sick.

it was the first time since i broke my foot that i walked around the gym carrying weights while not wearing my walking cast. it did hurt a little, and it still does, but i cant really deal with wearing that boot anymore. i think it will be fine if i just stay really attentive to making sure i keep it straight and keep the weight distributed evenly.

Thanks. I'm trying.!

Wednesday

Strong on the stationary. Quads are still sore... i must be not giving them enough break to recover from saturday. i was gonna weight train legs with shoulders but i decided not to so i can try riding a real bike today. my calf is no where near what it was when the foot broke, the other one is detrained too, so i want good quads to compensate when im on the street. i did try the calf press again, 70 seemed like too much on the broken foot. it's kind of sensitive from being weaned off the boot, so i took it down to 50 on that foot.

30 mins stationary (intervals)

shoulders/obliques

20 minutes stationary (cadence)

aw thanks guys. it's doing better not 100% by any means but its getting there. i do still limp a little...

thurs: liberated my bike from the shop, rode it around the block

fri:

5 min walk 3.0

5 min walk 3.5

5 min run 6.0

20 min stationary

legs

25 min stationary

i was planning on only walking, but i just couldnt help myself. it didn't feel quite right, but it felt really really good to bust out and run. back up to 70 calf press on the broken foot. hamstring curls without the boot make my foot hurt for some reason. quads are sore already from leg work. i got bored of doing intervals on the stationary so i only did a couple, mostly working on cadence which will hopefully help build muscle back up in that leg.

Saturday

20 mins stationary (cadence)

5 min walking 3.5

5 min jogging 6.0

6 rounds back/tris 50/50

some calf presses still at 70

20 mins stationary (intervals at the end)

my quads are so incredibly trashed, it hurt to walk. it wasn't my best time on the bike, but it was ok considering the amount of doms going on.

Food:

2 scoops protein

some celery, a tomato, tsp miso

200 cals oatmeal, coffee/soy

WORKOUT <<< 3 lollipops (upset stomach)

2 scoops protein

broccoli, artichoke hearts, 500 cal tofu

3 builder bars, a lunabar, a pear during the evening, i was so hungry omg

Sunday-

legs still insanely sore

upset stomach again

5 min treadmill 3.6

9 min treadmill 6.1

1 min treadmill 7.0

30 min stationary (cadence and interval)

chest/obliques/bis 4 rounds 50/50/50

my biceps are getting stronger, chest too

i love that feeling when i do db flies of the weight hitting on top

Food:

coffee/1 scoop protein

WORKOUT < 2 lollipops

100 cal oatmeal, 2 scoops protein

celwry, a tomato, tsp miso

builder bar

builder bar, a couple lollipops

broccoli, artichoke hearts, 500 cal tofu

builder bar and a pear

luna

go free

(i like the bar scene, gotta get a grip on that)

dude they still got the fever! and it aint for more cowbell! i was planing on training legs yesterday or today but i think ill wait another day.

Monday

was working in on hypers with a guy, i thought his eyes were gonna pop out of his head when i picked up a 25 plate for 25 reps. i love it when that happens!

30 min stationary (stronger)

shoulders/abs (and some weighted hypers)

then i tried running and my foot hurt so i stopped but i didnt want to leave the gym with a defeat so i practiced standing omn a medicine ball, which hurt kind of, but went well overall

Yep pretty much, i'll prob train em today. although they still hurt. this is from last friday. today is wednesday. i kind of want to massacre them again like i did last time. i was thinking today that the soreness made me a little sad. now that they're mostly better, i feel so strong, it's pretty cool.

Tuesday

stayed away from running. foot was rly hurting in the morning. tried jumprope. not ready for it yet, it hurt. started out with lots of energy, didn't take any excuses with the weights. was way tired by the time i hit the bike again which is weird cuz i didn't train that long prob only 2 hours total.

30 mins bike

back/tris

15 min bike

Note to self

not going back and editing, but i been spending longer on the bike than the last few entries say prob add 5-15 minutes depending

Wednesday

got to the gym later than usual, tired. it wasn't a strong workout. At least i did some stuff. I think I'm getting burned out on the same old same old. I really need this foot to heal.

I had all intention of training legs, and i started to, but my knee was tweaky all day, and so i couldn't do most of the limited amount of leg things i can actually manage. and there were sweaty guys stretching on the hamstring curl machine i wanted. so i did some upper body but i think i need a rest or some serious switch up.

30 mins stationary

calf press 2x20x 70/70 90/90 110/110/130/130

chest/bis/obliques (4 rounds 50/50/50)

15 minutes elliptical

really happy about the numbers on the calf press! although it made my foot hurt alot. i do think it's good for it. it was hard, but i did it to this so i was laughing insidehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gvIeNWAPo

i know i know and i know i sound like a broken record, but i really need to get over this. i wanna run more.

last night i trained legs, went pretty easy, but did ham curls for the first time without the boot. i hit 50 prone for 20 reps but i cant stop clenching my foot under the weight which rly makes it hurt, it still hurts. pre break i am told by my good friend i was doing 60. couldnt even touch a goblet squat.

up to 150/leg for 20 on the rotary calf. yeah buddy. starting to see some muscle come back in that leg.

thursday: went home from job #1 and went to sleep. first time i did that since august. it was pretty nice.

friday

30 stationary

legs (wall balls, extensions, ad/abd, seated/prone curl, calf press)

Legs not sore, which is a bittersweet phenomenon

Saturday:

30 min stationary (short intervals)

15 min atm

shoulders/obliques (6 rounds)

Food:

coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein, celery, tomato, 1 tsp miso

200 cal oats

green beans and a little soft tofu

2 scoops protein, tangerine, pear