This is really fun

Monday:

rest day- but i ended up rolling 12 miles at night, idk if that counts

Tuesday:

27 miles

Wednesday

36 miles, inc rb

I am slow and I am weak. It blows me away, it's like there's some kind of disconnect between what my brain thinks it can or should be doing and what my body can actually produce. Very interesting feeling. I hate it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh. i'm sick of having patience. i want it back. i just can't get there yet.

thursday:

4 mile run

1 hr pt

1 hr spin/train

friday:

pt gym, plus skullcrushers and lats, balance work

swim 15 min bs 15 min fs

took a pouch of vega sport before a hot spin session. it gave me stomach cramps but once i got past that, i had better performance, relatively speaking.

tuesday:

rest day

lesson learned- hornitos is not a good source of carbs, especially if i haven't drank in like a year

wednesday:

mt-rb ride, hella fun, then right to the doc's

thursday:

12 or 15 fast on the stupid bike path, saw a baby skunk and a beaver though so it's all good

sunday

34 mile ride

monday:

36 mile ride

drank a whole bottle of h2o and a whole bottle of 1/2 strength luna crap on the road with a larabar

got home feeling the need to refuel badly, my stomach's been hurting a lot lately

maybe i'll finally try some of that tofurkey pizzza

where do you coach spin?

I'm looking for a gym to join.

Right now I'm just doing a bunch of commuting, some hill work, starting intervals this weekend, and my hip hop dance workouts 4 times a week.

I also do some resistance work at home, but nothing very intense.

I've been meaning to climb three or four nights a week, but it's taking some time to fall into my routine.

Hopefully after this weekend, a rare birthday weekend that threw off my schedule, I'll get the routine back and be able to add some more strength training to my routine!

Your log is amazingly thorough and impressively long!

I hope to emulate it on my blog starting Saturday!

Thanks for the hard work!

oh look out, now i'm in for it.

crossfix, i didn't coach, i got coached. i'm glad you like my training log, i don't think it's that great and i wish i could do more.

friday:

24 miles, then 6.

lost my amber lenses today, picked up some new shades, i'm gonna miss those old friends. new ones are cool though, i obviously haven't done any races with em yet.

food's been weird. i've been going through a bit of something, my stomach's hurting because of it.

Hope you are feeling better.

I really need to find amber lenses. Every single bike store I go to is always out of stock. This has been 4 or 5 stores now over the period of a few months. Not sure how that is possible....two stores even thought I was weird for wanting them...

I got mine from Sierra, they came with gray, amber, and clear lenses, and they were kind of big for me, but the fit was perfect because i ride in the rain a lot without fenders and they worked the best i ever had to keep grit out of my eyes. The sad thing about it is that the person who finds them isn't going to appreciate what they are. Sierra has great deals on shades, keep checking... You can also try on shades at a retail store to find out what you like, then go to the manufacturers website and order your frames with amber.

Stomach is still woozy.

i ate tater tots and drank more tequila last night.

saturday

4 mile run

sunday

44 mile ride (inc mtx2, rb)

i didn't feel like i did any good work till the last 15 or 20 miles, but my good work was really good. it might be because my food had a chance to kick in.

Oh Lobster, I was checking prices in Performance Bike a couple times and both times the stupid salesdip left me to go wait on men. It reminded me of the bad old days in computer stores. We're pretty lucky around here though, except for stupid Performance, our bike shop people are great, I hope those Performance guys get their leg hair caught in a chain.

Monday

36 miles

The new shades are working out, except for the money, they shouldnt be making the bridge of my nose as sweaty as this.

I am de-buffing in the upper body. I do not like this at all. But if i really try to find a positive, it would be I suppose, that this is giving my body a chance to recalibrate and show me what muscles it really needs to emphasize to be the best i can be performance-wise.

tuesday:

docs, felt awful, made it a rest day. no choice there, really

wednesday:

36 miles

note: these recent miles have not been counting my summer commutes.

note: my last 2 rides have been full of wondrously beautiful sights and intense self transformations.

note: tequila is not a food group. neither is ice cream.

Thursday:

i'm so hungry. should have eaten sooner

1 hour coached

training/recovery notes

anchor on sit bones, no roll pelvis forward, stretch lower back, keep feet loose loose loose, work that pedal stroke

Food:

coffee

2 lunabars, banana

a bunch of popcorn, peach,

vanilla yogurt, 100 cal oatmeal, coffee

workout

lettuce, tofu, 1 tbs flax oil, 2 lunabars, 3/4 thing of frozen blueberries, tbs peanutbutter