This is really fun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too. it's kind of difficult though.

saturday:

18 mile ride, flatted without a tube. walked 4 miles in my speedplays, discovered new muscles.

sunday:

went to the disneyland of gyms. had fun. discovered new muscles.

monday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride

upper body pt

tuesday:

commute

legs (except no i/o circuit)

1 hour trainer ride (zone endurance)

was able to pull off 1 set of jarvek deltoids at 8#

some other upper body pt

finally able to do the bomb pt move ed gave me again

i did! i was alone out in the middle of nowhere and there were guys in vans stopping to ask me if i needed a ride, and it was cold and misty, so not walking in my speedplays would have been the less preferable and probably lethal option. i kept walking til my bailout got me. i was just so amped to get out between rainstorms that i forgot to strap on my flat bag.

the gym was nice! it has 3 pools, a versaclimber, and little cups you can fill with complimentary mouthwash!

Funny you should ask. I'm in the market for one as we speak. Tis the season for buying from people who just figured out they don't like athlons and only rode their bike 4 times.

Wednesday:

strong commute

upper body pt

1 hour trainer ride

more pt

i rode that trainer so hard i left with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, it was all i could do to not break down in tears when i was done. idk what came over me. i'm sure the power meter was off but i topped it at 512 watts and i pushed 42something for 3x20 seconds.

and although there were some upper body moves i just could not manage, i did manage a few i haven't been able to get before. so that made me smile.

i did eat an obscenely massive amount of cornflakes all day. but i don't think i'll ever do that again. i hope not!

with this recovery it's so weird that some days some things move and some days they just really really don't.

What are you looking for mary? what's your dream bike?

lobster and jason, i'm trying... i feel like a slug though!

thursday:

double shift, commute, commute

friday:

family emergency, commute only

saturday:

4 mile hill run, 9 min miles

sunday:

35 mile ride

big climb i used to train with just my big ring, had to shift off it, but crushed it pretty easily

monday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride

legs, new routine

heavier weight, less reps, explosive movement

on the trainer i saw 508, 502, 502 watts then i cracked. was able to get it back up into the high 4's after that but i was trashed. the seat was angled down a bit, i think i get more power that way. concentrated on form, got really strong when i dialed it in, esp dropping my heels.

Yeah I mostly like it. It's not actually all that much of a big deal hill, but this particular climb has a special significance for me. And it's and easy place for me to do baseline comparisons.

Tuesday:

commute

upper body pt

1 hour trainer ride (progressive hills)

upper body pt

able to work in some weight training, it is feeling ok. i pretty much could tell what works and what's not going to happen. hopefully things will keep improving, especially after last weeks reversal in progress.

wednesday:

commute, rest

thursday:

46 mile ride. flat, fast, wet, windy, cold (like your mama)

instead of my usual recovery smoothie i heated up some lentil soup left over from dinner last night, watered it down and added a lot of ginger, salt, and hemp and peanut protein. it was DAMN good. i didn't eat any of it last night so i don't have that to compare it to but it was super filling and way more satisfying than the usual protein/fruit smoothie.

it's this stuff

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/07/cool-new-product-alert-peanut-flour.html

i haven't relied on peanuts for a long time... they don't make me feel really good, and unless they're organic, they're usually full of all kinds of crap. but this stuff is pretty cool for a little switch up, and relatively cheap.

friday:

~26 mile ride The Hill

felt totally strong climbing, was ready to try hill repeats, everything hurt after the descent, stayed in the flats instead.

How do you like almond butter? One of my favorites is tahini. If I'm going to eat nuts though, I go for chocolate covered almonds

Saturday:

no bike for a change!

treadmill:

5 min warmup 3.5

2o minute run 2.3 miles

5 min cooldown 4.o

5 min backwards 3.o

upper body pt: shoulder stability, chest, tris

swim: 25 mins mixed bs fs

the swim was tough on my injuries, i need more time, or something, maybe a new body