This is really fun

2/11

47 mile ride

had 2 good shots of hammer gel on the road with no problem but it wasnt very cold. right leg wanted to cramp up later in the day but it didn't. i also ate a few super salty pretzels... not sure if that had anything to do with it, i only ate a 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal with a few raisins before going out. ate a lot of veggies and rice for dinner, plus some almond thingys, a cookie, and part of a margarita.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was really good. Crappy wheat flour is so delicious, omg.

2/14

gym day! i think the instructor got a little irritated at me because i didn't follow his wacky spin routine at all, but oh well. he wasn't doing anything that could remotely be related to the kind of training i was looking for. i just wanted some loud music and something different to look at so i could make my ride super duper hard. i went relatively easy on the quads because of what happened a few weeks ago. we'll see how that works out.

1 hr spin

bench press 3x20x45, 20x55, 3x10x65

2x3 supersets lats/tris

3 supersets quads/calves

2/15

3 hour ride

usual wednesday food

having great epiphanies about how lats and shoulders work for me on the bike. two different coaches tried to get me to get it and i am getting it now. also starting to understand a little more about why i'm getting more muscle cramps and feeling so weak. lately been going right for carbs when i get back from longish rides, and have been eating more carby foods around workouts. it's been a wining strategy so far.

thursday 2/23

its sunny out and today was supposed to be a looooooong hard ride day, tomorrow rest day, saturday easy ride, sunday competition.

but im sick today. i think it might be a stomach bug. so i kind of dont know how to rearrange this. also superstressed from work stuff. and not having enough work. so glad i got my prize package today, it totally cheered me up and kept me from giving up. i'll report back later.

Thanks Rob and Karen, for the get will wishes. Thanks you also very much again for the prize package, I feel super double thankful for everything!

John you are right, as usual. These folks are pretty great.

2/24

I think I'm over the hump of this stomach thingy.

Yesterday after a discussion with my coachy team mate who talked me down from trying to train through it, i just rode my bike to and from work, slow slow sloooooooooooow slow. Which was against advice. But whatever. Came home, ate a probar out of my prize package, kept it down, and passed straight out for the night.

Gonna try and train a little today, will prob end up taking it easy, but I will try to climb at least a little. Taking the black bike out for the first time this season. Sun's out, pavement's dry, and I am psyched!

Thanks Rob! All better now! It was a very fun weekend

Friday I did do a little climbing, but it started to hail so I came back so I didn't make my sick worse. Saturday I went out to do a bit of gentle riding and some openers, but I got hailed on again, so I came back frozen but I did get a little work done in the ~25 miles I did get to ride. Sunday's race went well all things considered, it ended up being an exercise in psychological determination with all the stuff that went wonky that morning. I didn't even get to warm up before the race!

saturday night food:

tofu/kale/carrots/yeast cookie a little fruit/yogurt

sunday morning food:

1/4 cup dry oatmeal w hemp and raisins

1/4 cup dry oatmeal w/ raisins, shot of chocolate gel

monday

38 miles

tuesday

1 hr spin with cadence drills and 1-legs

circuits: split squats/overhead tris/ bench

seated leg press

i was gonna train lats but something gross got on my gloves and lats/back stuff hurts my hands

i think i overdid it considering this is theoretically supposed to be a rest week

2/29

1/4 cup oatmeal/9 raisins/hemp

1/4 cup oatmeal/11 raisins, celery, lunabar, protein/water

cookie, larabar

WORKOUT

protein//water

beans, lettuce, 1 tbs olive oil

raisins

workout:

85 min trainer ride, mostly spin ups

lats, bench, balance, stability

so today i was able to increase weights on lats for the first time since my injury. big day!!!

aha! squatting, i see! very nice.

yes, john, i'll take it easy for sure! not going for upper body muscles at this point, mostly core strength, but it's nice to know i could get past a sticking point i've had for a long time!

well i learned a lot this week. my main lesson:

a rest week is supposed to be an actual week of rest, not an excuse to work hard in different ways.

i learned that the hard way. thursday i went for a short 2 mile run, and by the end of it, was really really feeling it in my quads, which were still sore from tuesday's workout. by the time thursday night rolled around, i could barely sit. went for a consult with coachiepoo on friday and caught shit for it but i didn;t need to. i already learned my lesson. so i will take this next week relatively easy i also am probably done with serious weight training legs for now. only very light and plyo if i can manage it. i also need a rest day, because the bike fit i had yesterday saw me pedaling a fair bit, not for long though, but my quads are still sore, so i do need some recovery time.

thursday:

2 mile run

commute

friday:

random trainer stuff

saturday:

2 hour ride