This is really fun

Sunday, December 20

rode a few miles on my bike!

the new drive train shifts like butter! i can't believe how smooth it is. i lost that good gear i didn't want to get rid of, but i got a new gear for hammering which is smoking fast, so it might be ok, i might get a different crank. we shall see. my leg strength seems fine. endurance is gonna need some work. upper body, balance seem alright, and i wasn't klutzy at all. same old asshole drivers on the road, maybe they're different ones. feet got wet with the polar fleece, but stayed decently warm. it's still true, the bike makes everything better!

foot feels a little sketchy, i felt a bit gimpy after i rode.

bike to and from gym

5 min tread walk (foot sore)

back/tris/abs (6 rounds)

also, i kind of was able to shake it on the dancefloor for the first time since it got broken. i just sort of kept tucking my foot under a table so it wouldnt get stomped.

coffee/soy

WORKOUT

scoop protein, 100 cal oats smoothie

scoop protein, 100 cal oats, clementine smoothie

scone and some cookies

a little coffee

some mints

eggplant/pepper/tomato/celery and 2 veg burgers

go free

builder

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i love em. only 8 pounds though.

monday

so tired, crazy stressful day, it showed in my performance. everything was so hard, i almost fell off the bench doing flies with 25# dbs in each hand, but it started to fire up towards the end of the session. it was late, i was tired, so i just put it to rest after some negatives, i did a bunch of chest at 150-175 then the whole stack at 200 for 10.

30 min stationary

chest/bis/abs (5 or 6? rounds and negatives)

tuesday

amazing what a little chill time and less stress can do. fierce energy the whole time.

30 min stationary

shoulders/obliques (4 rounds and 2x20#x20db mil press)

knee balance on s ball till ~10 min total

med ball balance db mil press 2x5#x20 it was so hard, but i will get it back

food

celery, tomato, 1 tsp miso

1 tbs flax, 1 tbs cocoa, 2 scoop protein smoothie

spinach and spearmint, veg burger

200 cal oatmeal

2 scones, coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoop protein

broccoli, zucchini, tomato, veg burger, lunabar, apple

im getting stronger. i should really be getting more rst. this is amazing. afteri balanced on the med bal, my foot hurt so bad i couldnt puch any weight on the calf press. so i'm gonna wait to do that for a while longer, i think concentrating my body weight all on one point like that isnt good yet. it does work wonders on stability but itll have to wait. took it harder on the stationary

30 mins stationary

back/tris/abs 5 rounds worked rly fast

food was kind of shit, and way too much

cookie

scoop of protien, tbs flax, 1/2 pear

200 cal oatmeal

scone, coffee

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein

spinach, artichoke hearts, 500 cal tofu, builder bar, apple

2 builder bars

a brownie

24th, 25th, no gym

saturday the 26th

bike ride...

swung my leg over the saddle and said "oh my god" it felt so so so so right. for future reference, just get your ass on the bike. just get your ass on the bike no matter how scared u are. it was so windy, on gantenbein and marine i saw a heron just standing there, it was too windy to fly. slipstreams of trucks only lasted like maybe .5 seconds. hills were fine. it was cold.... gear was good, salomon tights worked well, o.n. $2 gloves are great liners under the p.i. wind gloves, feet were cold but bearable, still need a better solution, liner socks under polar fleece is not good enough, maybe will have to wear those canari boots more often. polypro earband is fine, reebok base layer as a jersey was perfect. pedal stroke was ok, it helped to focus on single legs, upper body got sloppy towards the end, need to work on not splaying elbows.

got to the gym feeling strong, it was late, i needed to stop and eat a cliff bar in the middle of weights, i didnt realize how long i went without food. crunches with 35# now yay.

15 or 20 mile ride

chest/bis/abs (4 rounds plus a little heavy work)

2 days down really paid off well. i needed it.

notes:

no more balancing on a med ball for a while, and stay away from the calf press. at least 2 weeks. it is not good for your foot.

food

coffee/soy

WORKOUT <<

2 scoops protein, clementine smothie

~150 cal corn chips

the crappiest thai food ever (included a little white rice and a salad roll)

2 scones

2 apples

builder bar

yep. mary. i am really starting to think about how important complete down time is for building progress. i dont do it enough, i know that now. idk if i will start, but i know i need to do it more often.

sunday:

was gonna hit the big hill, headed up, into the wind, it was damn cold, my foot starting this dull tingling, i couldnt tell if it was cold or i did something to the break... i ended up avoiding the hill training session, it would have been all hammer into the wind, i don't think my foot is ready for that, at least not with the cold making it so numb i can;t feel if it hurts or not.

got to the gym and hit the weights hard,, then played a bit on the new equipment. lateral raises up to 12.5 db in each hand, need to watch form. oblique crunches with wth dbs cold ride before doing deltoids probably caused some pinching even tho i stood in the sauna b4 i worked. reminder from ed: do more external rotation. yes, true.

10 mile ride

shoulders/obliques (5 rounds)

hypers... really dug in, 10#x30 10/25# x 30

food...

not to bad, but ate some fried tofu from vita which was utter crap.

Monday

had to have kind of a hurried workout, it was fun though.

1 hour spin video, i guess it was intense, it didnt seem it

50 reps quad ext/ab/abd (hams still sore)

food was decent till the cake happened.

i didn't realize just how fucked fall was until today. breaking my foot really threw me, i'm not used to being incapacitated like that. it messed with my confidence and sense of self, and feelings about what i could and could not accomplish in other areas of my life. now that the holidays are over and some of the loved ones are headed back out, and my foot is on the road to recovery, i can feel okay about being really selfish and focusing on myself. all that mother guilt and selflessness stuff that gets really intense around the holidays didnt help me do right by my healing process. now i have a few days at least to really dwell on me before the onslaught of stupid winter scheduling hits. even though i'll be working a little bit, these next few days are for me and what i need for my health and fitness. at least that's the plan.

Yep one of the reasons I don't take as many days off is because I love to train too. It teaches us to be strong(er), and more resilient for sure... but i'm pretty sure I would see a different kind of progress if i took more complete rest days. Same with you?

Tuesday:

wimped out of training on the hill again, rode up to it into the wind, i still don't feel good about hammering up a wind tunnel on a hill with this foot. on my way back for a minute i couldn't figure out why the cars were going so slow... it turns out i was just going rly fast, pushed by that wind. so i don't feel too wimpy. i'll get there.

10 mile ride

back/tris/obliiques (5 rounds)

food:

coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein, pear, 1 tbs flax, h20 smoothie, 10 almonds, salad greens

75 cal chocolate

200 cal oatmeal

350 cal tofu, salad greens

builder bar

apple, clementine

Wednesday:

1 hour spin video

chest/bis/abs (5 rounds)

then heavy, curled 45 bb 2x3 or something

stability ball knee balance x3

food:

100 cal oatmeal, 1 scoop protein, 1 tbs flax

Coffee/soy, larabar

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein

larabar

370 cal tofu, salad greens, green beans, lunabar, builderbar

2 apples

clementine

Several coaches have told me I would benefit from taking more time off and recovering more. I haven't completely sold myself on the idea yet mostly cuz when i take a rest day I don't necessarily feel more ready to go workout more. Sometimes I dare say I feel less motivated. Although when I do get very sore and I do appreciate the time off. I think finding the balance is very difficult because recovery is when you build strength but I haven't figured out exactly how much recovery I need yet.

I know that feeling. Do you ever travel to places so u cant work out for a couple days, like long flights? When I do, after a few days of no training, I'm so ready... it turns into this crazy rabid need.

Thursday

pushed it hard

made my quads a little sore, must be from the spinning video

pressed 45 # doing 50/50 obliques

not real thrilled about the new equipment at the gym

1 hour spin video

shoulders/obliques 4 rounds and some other goofing around

Food:

Coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein

300 cal tofu, yellow squash, 2 portobellos

2 builder bars

2 lunabars

crust offa someone's pizza

Edited by vivalasvegans

Friday

swimming! i tried it and i could! so i did 1/4 mile in about ten minutes, it felt clumsy, and then it hurt (im pretty sure the hurt was muscular and not skeletal.) i forced myself to finish that 1/4 mile, then i switched to a floatie and just worked on my stroke. finished up without the floatie. i completely smoked my tris and legs before on the weights, so i suppose i could have been stronger if i went straight in the water.

10 min tread walk 4.0

back/tris (5 rounds)

3 superset 20xwallballs25xhip ad (no rest)

50 hip abd

quad ext/ham curl 25/25 25/25

2 superset hanging leg raise/hyper 10#/25#

30 min swim

Food:

Coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein

salad greens, tomato, kale, 1 cup black eyed peas

builder bar, go free bar

prob will make a shake with soy and protein later

edit: went with another builder bar

saturday

quads are so sore

was gonna swim again but lost my goggles and cap, wasn't wearing my running shoes, so i improvised.

20 min tread walk 4.0

10 min backward treadwalk 2.8 then it started ti hurt

3 superset bosu 25 jump squats/35#crunches

bosu to bosu jumps

chest/bis/abs (6 rounds)

Food:

Coffee/soy

WORKOUT

2 scoops protein

1 cup black eyed peas, go free bar, 75 cal chocolate

brazil nut

salad with 370 cal tofu, mashed cauliflower, builder bar

builderbar

Yay! You're back! Can't wait to read more about your workouts... in the gym and at the stove.

Sunday

21.55 mile ride. I did the hill.

i told myself i was gonna just ride up to it, and if my foot hurt, i would bag out and ride the river instead. so i got up there, my foot hurt a little bit, and i turned away from the hill. then i remembered: honesty in training. so i turned around, rode up a hill to get to The Hill, and did it. It was slow, and hard with my new gear set up, and my quads were sore, but i slow cooked it. i didn't rly get my stomp on till the like last 2 miles of the ride, but when i did, i was like michael fucking flatley.

was gonna swim after but got busy doing other stuff and ran out of time.

all in all, i think it may be possible that i am back.

Food:

coffee/soy

RIDE

2 scoops protein, pear, clementine, 1 tbs flax smoothie

2 scoops protein, clementine smoothie

couple sips of coffee and some mints

a sample bite of bread

salad greens, a carrot, tomato, 432 cal tofu

1/2 cup black eyed peas, a zuchinni, builder bar

go free bar

Perhaps. I don't wanna count my skeletal fractures before they're healed.

Monday:

Back to bike commuting, it felt awesome. Also was a hi carb pig out day, i think i made myself drunk on wheat and sugar. Upset stomach.

Did a little jump practice hard in the clips, was hard on my foot, it still hurts today. stayed at the gym late cuz i worked with r for a bit, my flow was all goofed up.

100 hanging leg lifts

50 paired med ball twists

some other crap

shoulders/obliques

10 or 20 wall balls

shoulders and pecs a bit sore

Tuesday

2nd day of commuting, soaked on the way home, hell yeah

1 mile tread walk 4.0

2x a song backward tread walk, foot no good in chucky t's

back/tris/abs (5 rounds)

some power press practice and then

5x40

5x50

will do those for real i think today

got home starving, ate 2 veg burgers, green beans, 2 go free, some chocolate ended up taking the edge off.

Wednesday

j popped by and unexpectedly wanted to train with me, had to switch things up

freezing cold commute (didn't realize how cold it was after work)

20 minutes elliptical

messed around with some other cardio stuff

1/2 zumba class

random abs

5x20x40# power clean and press

100 crunches

foot rly sore from the zumba

ate chocolate again before bed. pretty sure this is not a good thing.

i didn't really like it. there wasn't much instruction , just follow a chick shaking her ass and jumping around... which would be fine, but i can't jump around with my foot still healing. the music was good tho. interestingly, the teenager i was with who loves to dance wasn't so thrilled about the class either.

Thursday:

8 mile commute rest day i suppose

Friday:

bike commute

-20 mins elliptical

-bis/chest/abs (5 rounds)

>db flyes, plate loaded flat incline decline presses, machine flyes; bb overhand, underhand, db, heavier db, machine; 35# crunches, ball crunches

-played with standing cable flyes, no go, got all bummed so i was like, fuck it i cant leave the gym in failure

-db flyes 8x30#

-seated cable flyes 8x i forgot but alot

arms looked nice.

so much rain, my old school campy toe straps stretched on the way home, foot fell thru the clip and twisted, i think i'm ok tho gonna take it easy, maybe switch to clipless. all in all though, my gear did well in keeping me relatively dry thru 4 rides. need new rain pants, patches are falling off.

Hanging Leg lifts = hard stuff sister!!

I took Zumba a couple of years ago and I never got into it either. It basically a group latin dance class. So it is "fun" fitness for sure and some friends of mine felt it did work their abs well but in my opinion it isn't going to get you in great condition.