protein powders

francesca

if allowed by the rules of the forum, can someone indicate me a website where I can buy veg pro powders with international shipping and some good brand? or the products of different brands are almost all the same?

may powders give digestive problems like whey ecc?

There are lots and lots of kinds of protein powder to choose from. To use them, generally you just use a whisk to stir the powder into water, which makes it into a shake of sorts. You can also add other ingredients, I put some soy milk in mine sometimes, others put in peanut butter, or fruits. Other people like to put the protein shake into cereal!

I am not an expert, but I'd say there is no reason why you can't be using more than one type of protein. Some people even recommend having multiple sources. I have never heard someone say you can't use multiple sources though.

I'd say eat protein steadily through the day, I have read many times that your body cannot make good use of more than around 30g of protein in a serving, so it's no good having like 5 protein shakes at once, since it's a waste and your body will not use it efficiently. I also hear that it is a good idea to get protein in your system as soon as possible after weightlifting.