protein, etc. - article

VeganDeVil

Yes, now you all can see my true identity.

I presume this is your doggie... whats his/her name? Its cute!

I have a japanese hokkaido called Holly, this is not a pic of her but is what they look like:

http://i34.tinypic.com/30mpmi1.jpg

I also have guinia pigs! They are truly the most silly animals ever!

Yes, that's my Lab-Hound-Shepard rescue, Louie. He's awesome.

It looks like Holly's breed is beautiful. I'm sure she's a great dog! You should get that digital camera & post some pics of her.

Guinea pigs are very cool. Love the way they squeak.

Louie is very cool, a proper legend! How old his he now, he looks only a few years?

Holly is a great dog, yes.I do have to keep her on the lead when out now though because she is a little naughty, she escaped a while back & killed some chickens in the local farm.I had to pay for them

I really should get some pics up, yeah! Reminder to self - get camera!

The guinias are hilarious, yes the noises they make are cute.They know the noise of wrapping around their favorite treat, curly kale, & when they hear it they are particularily noisy!

Any other pets for you?

"large" amounts to me is when they suggest 300-400 grams per day. 150 is pretty basic need for a regular athlete I would think.

DAMN, that's a lot of protein.

Found this:

Consuming more protein won't make your muscles grow faster. Exercising your muscles is the only way to make them grow. If you consume more protein than you need for tissue repair and other body functions, the excess will be burned as fuel, stored, or expelled. None of these is highly desirable. Unlike carbohydrates and fat, protein is not an efficient form of body fuel. Your body has to expend more energy to break down protein because its structure is more complex. Protein that's not burned as fuel may be converted to fat and stored in adipose tissue (where it will make you fatter, not more muscular). Protein that's not used as fuel or stored in the body is eliminated, and that causes its own problems. Excess amino acids are converted into urea, a nitrogen-containing waste product that puts a strain on your kidneys.

here:

http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Information/Fitness/protein4.htm