What chest building excersize worked for you the best.

RAINRA

Bench to fatigue on 4th set followed 120sec later by fly machine.

There are keys to growth...

Fatigue your muscles. If your muscles don't need to get bigger to do the work you are doing, they wont.

Eat the appropriate meal/supplements directly after your workout (I suggest within 20min.)

REST. Huge one, and since we dont use casein, may need to eat before bed again .

My chest workout is:

Flat Bench: 135lbs. x4 rest 30s then 225lbs. x2 rest 90s then 275 x8 rest 180s then 315 to failure then a spot assisted rep (usually 4+1 for me).

120sec rest

Fly machine: 90lbs x10 rest 30 then 100lbs x8 rest 45 then 110lbs x8

240sec rest

Incline Bench: 165x10x3

120sec rest

Dips: I do my dips with knees lifted to reduce pressure on shoulders and target the lower chest more. 2 sets of 10 then last set (3rd) to failure. (usually 8 or 9 for me).

-----

Current 1 rep flat bench max: 360

Flys are my favorite; SLOW, PERFECT FORM flys with a half second pause at the pinnacle of movement and a HARD flex of the chest. This exercise really plays a key role in fatiguing my chest. And you don't get to relax at the top like flat bench flys. The peak of this exercise is the best part, why destroy it by lying down and having the weight basically travel down your arms to your shoulders and onto the bench. use the machine or cables

The pecs pull the arms to the center of the body. That is their job. Remember this and you will see flys in a new light.

Since I've been lifting, I've noticed the biggest improvement in my chest and shoulders. Last time I saw my girlfriend, which was about 4 months ago, she said "you actually have pecs now!" So that was nice to hear .. They've grown even more since then, so I wonder what she'll think when I see her in December

The exercises that I do for my chest are dumbbell presses, incline dumbbell presses, push ups and dips.

Dumbell Bench Press

Barbell Bench Press

Both Incline and Flat - you really don't need to do much more than this unless you are pretty advanced with Weight training.

I think a lot of people think you need to use a mix of 27 machines and free weights, and do 100's of reps to build your chest... Quite simply you don't.

I think a lot of people think you need to use a mix of 27 machines and free weights, and do 100's of reps to build your chest... Quite simply you don't.

absolutely correct. Some weeks I just do a 1 set burnout with medium-high weight and still see growth. It's all about muscle failure.

I agree push-ups are great. I've seen people get amazing pecs with tons of varied push-ups alone.

saline implants

I second this. Best way to get your chest huge.

lol, I usually do the main chest exercises, but I'm doing Bill Starr's 5x5 program, which only includes flat bench press.

I've read that decline bench press (with DBs) works out the most tissues, but I dunno if it's true or not.

Main chest exercises mentioned two sentences ago:

Flat bench press

Incline bench press

Decline bench press

Flyes

I prefer dumbbells over barbells/machines. They hit the stabilizers better. Also, this was only when I did one muscle per day. If you're doing more than one, I would take 1 or 2 of the exercises out (or even 3, depending on the program you're following).

Gerard

i would love to try decline bench. but i have to put a weight stack under the bench which seems pretty unsafe. plus, it can't be nice to really push yourself to do those last reps with all the blood in the body in your head.

I don't like declines even on a proper bench, the angle of motion just feels odd. I've also whacked my head on the bar while laying down on the bench one too many times.

Dips or weighted dips should give you a similar result.

this may just be a personal preference thing, but i feel really comfortable doing decline DB presses. i generally max out on 70s and go to the rep before failure. no problems with blood rushing to the head. gives a very nice pump. one problem i have though is that despite my chest being very strong (wrt to my weight = 140lbs or 62 kgs) its still not particularly exceptional ( well...thickness wise)..my back seems to grow proportionate to the weight though...still trying to figure this out..