[japan] HELP, gain weight under fruits, vegetables and so on

nobita

Hello, i recently lowered my body fat percentage very low, so my face is extremely thin and looks unhealthy. Last week I moved to Japan and being vegan is so difficult, specially because I cannot read all the ingredients list yet.

A safe way here is too eat lots of expensive packaged fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Beans, these are way to expensive and whole wheat cereal is almost impossible.

I am extremely worried about my nutrition to the point in which I am not longer exercising, and since I need to gain weight to fix my face I am pretty much eating as much as possible.

Every day I take a multivitamin supplement, but I do not know how can I have a balanced diet by just eating fruits and vegetables.

Please help me, or

drop a comments to cheer me up

You're on a supplement so I am assuming you aren't 100% raw? In which case, how about rice? You can't get the ingredients wrong with that, and plenty of calories. I always thought if I went to Japan, I'd just be eating rice, too afraid to go near anything else...

So with the multivitamin I should be alright in terms of anemia, right?

After so many years, today I ate white bread, the taste is horrible, and of course got really sleepy afterwards

If I were to keep my bodyfat stable , could it redistribute so it fills my cheeks? I have sunken cheeks and popped eyes... my abs and other muscleslook great though.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Japanese ate more fruit than any other countries?

Anyway, eat bananas, lots of them, in fact as many as you can possible stuff down your face. Blend them into drinks with oats and honey or maple syrup. This will sort your face out and you will still be ripped.

How much are you eating now?

Edited by Oggy

If I were to keep my bodyfat stable , could it redistribute so it fills my cheeks? I have sunken cheeks and popped eyes... my abs and other muscleslook great though.

Sounds like your suffering from malnutrition. Whats you stats? Body height, age, weight, diet, long term goal? Without these things we can not help you.

stats about me according to a machine,

60kg +-0.5kg

height, 174m+-0.03m

body fat, 10%

actually in my intro post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14069

I should be slightly more muscular and with more fat on me,

however I cannot yet believe I'm 10%, not even before not even now, so who knows.

Thank you you in the advice on sugars, I do only eat complex carbs, unless comes from natural fruit.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

did you say 60kg! and 174cm?

im 63kg and 183cm and racing division 1 cycling in my part of australia.

this avitar photo is me at 62kg and my grandma is really concerned about my weight..lol! and my fellow racers always comment how lean and in shape i stay year round.

dude, you gotta do some sport and stop hanging with fat crew that make you look 'too thin'...

look at the world champ marathon haile garbrselassie. he is pretty muscular for a marathon runner and still weighs 55km at 165cm tall.

marco pantani won the tour de france at 56kg. i know one rider called botcharov that weighs 47kg.

so get out there and train bro, and make sure you eat enough carbs to train enough to build and maintain aerobic fitness..

look at bruce lee's face. its 'thin and bony' and he looks 'scrawny' in a tracksuit..lol!

did you say 60kg! and 174cm?

im 63kg and 183cm and racing division 1 cycling in my part of australia.

this avitar photo is me at 62kg and my grandma is really concerned about my weight..lol! and my fellow racers always comment how lean and in shape i stay year round.

dude, you gotta do some sport and stop hanging with fat crew that make you look 'too thin'...

look at the world champ marathon haile garbrselassie. he is pretty muscular for a marathon runner and still weighs 55km at 165cm tall.

marco pantani won the tour de france at 56kg. i know one rider called botcharov that weighs 47kg.

so get out there and train bro, and make sure you eat enough carbs to train enough to build and maintain aerobic fitness..

look at bruce lee's face. its 'thin and bony' and he looks 'scrawny' in a tracksuit..lol!

Bruce Lee was around 5'7'' 135 so that's like you being around 160. 6' 138 is crazy small. were you around that weight before going raw? I know a couple raw foodist besides myself and haven't heard of anyone that light at that height. Do you really eat as much as you say you do? 3500 cal? I'm 5'11'' and when i was under eatting for 5 months or so becasue that's what the guru's said to do i was like 150 with probably 5 percent bf. Now i'm like 175 with like 12 bf

@ Couture547. I agree that's too thin. In fact, football players (soccer) and swimmers are not in those proportions. It has nothing to do with fat pals around me, right now I'm in Asia and everybody is sooo thin regarding bone structure.

@ Balazs, thank you for the support, currently my face is getting back to its original "good" looking, and still having the 6 pack. I think that proves the "fat redistribution" theory, of keeping your weight a bit stable for some months so that fat redistributes according your genetics.

That's awesome because i thought I had to gain weight to recover my "good" looking face and lose the abs definition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm originally from Japan and I still visit a lot since my family is there. First of all, even if you read Japanese, they are not required to list all the ingredients on the packages so it's better if you eat whole foods. While the fruits and veggies are a bit expensive, they are fresh , seasonal and very tasty compared to places like the US. Organic is getting more popular. Japanese usually eat white rice, but they also have very good brown rice (it's called genmai). Soymilk is called tonyu.(pronounced toe new). The best vegan breakfast is natto(femented soy beans) on top of brown rice, but natto is an aquired taste.

As for your face looking thin,I can relate, I'm female but I lose my facial fat first,and look thin while I still have fat to lose on my hips, but its a genetic thing,people lose fat from different places. Good luck in Japan. Everyone is so thin there and its easy to get your mind distorted on what is thin or not. I'm 148 cm 44 kilos but in Japan women my height weigh about 35 kilos so they tell me I'm fat (When I actually have more muscle mass).

Ganbatte ne!

@ chrysalis, thank god some one understands me

and yep, even I can read the ingredients sometimes not even japanese know if its from animal source. the other day at "the garden" (expensive supermarket) the lady even called the cereal company to make sure that the ingredient was not from animal source.... quite impressive though, it was a difficult chinese character.

take care, thx