VBB t-shirt do you rock it at the gym? Any negative reaction

RAINRA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just ask us. With international orders, what I'm doing "now" is just shipping the item and then letting the person know the "exact" shipping price rather than trying to guess and having the person over-pay or under-pay.

Now, I do it through e-mail so you let me know what you want, I ship it out and then you pay for the shirt and shipping at the same time though paypal or other methods. I like doing it that way and it seems to be the most accurate.

Ok, well thanks, I really wasnt trying to burn down a steakhouse, I am just tring to fing something, groups protesting or something, good to know people are watching out for me though

No problem, just wanted to pass along the finer points of the situation with the ALF in the USA and the crap that comes along with being associated with them here. It's a lot like Fight Club, "The first rule of the ALF is, you do not talk about the ALF. The second rule of the ALF is, you DO NOT talk about the ALF."

I think I need to put in an order

Are the Tank Tops American apparel ones?

I still wear my old ones, but they are getting a bit tight around my chest and arms

Yeah American Apparel tanks have been ordered

I'm really far behind and traveling/working a lot, but I will get these images up soon...some things have arrived, some haven't. We'll also sort out the website products page to get all orders directly through paypal like it was in the past and like the DVDs currently are.

More to come. P.S. I got a location for the stickers and I'll place an order very soon! VBB stickers on the way! Richard I'll be in touch about images

People seem to think that the vegan bodybuilders (Robbie Hazeley in particular) aren't big enough to call themselves bodybuilders at all. How would you react to this?

Unless you have a serious physique I reckon wearing a VBB shirt in the gym could attract a lot of negative attention.

Honestly why would any of you care about negitive attention.

We are vegans, this is going to bring challenges and attention, on top of calling yourself a bodybuilder, shits going to happen.

All you can do is be proud of yourself and the choices you have made. If you are who you say you are then stand the fuck up and be yourself.

I have been made fun of, ridiculed and generally disrespected by the masses for every choice I have made, its called going against the grain, this makes people very weary of what your intentions are, it makes people think you are saying they are wrong when you activly choose a different lifestyle, diet, way of thinking, and fuck, maybe that is what we are saying, and maybe its not, it will never change.

Shove it in their faces, if they are not big, but have the balls to say they are bodybuilders, but want to bust your balls because you choose not to eat meat I think that well speaks for itself.

People have to stop being so concerned with what other people think. Get your facts straight so if someone argues your lifestyle you can show them the way, bust your ass and eat right so you are a great ambassador for the vegan way, be the best person you can be and wear your colours proud so people can see what a great benifit doing no harm can do for your life, so that they may have an exellent role model.

When people at the gym ask me about my diet, talk shit and laugh at my shirts, I have my facts down, I know my knowledge and compassion for not only animals, but for the people ridiculing me will shine through.

I know I will be shown in a better light. When they say that it will be harder for me in the bodybuilding world I say I feel its worth it, I know my progress will be healthy and hard won, and that no creature on this planet has to die, be inslaved or suffer for my gains.

This may have been a long responce, but people we have to stand up and show the world this life is out there.

There are so many people who would choose this vegan way in a heartbeat if they could see the examples like Occto and Rob, I know I was one of them.

One real good way to do this is by wearing these shirts and setting a good example.

I struggled for a long time when I first started going to the gym, constantly thinking I wasnt big enough to call myself a bodybuilder, but if you are in the gym guess what, by definition you are a damn bodybuilder, and if you are a vegan, yeah you guessed it, your a vegan bodybuilder.

Fucking stand up!

What Zinzen said is spot on.

I'm not a huge guy, 6'3" and 235lbs, but I am frequently one of the biggest guys in my gym, The only bigger guys are juiced up or personal trainers who live there. People look at me in my Vegan Bodybuilding shirt and know I got there through hard work. They might not understand how I do it, that old "Where does he get his protein" question etc. Most of them know, that vegans don't take a bucket load of supplements and aren't on the juice.

Sometimes people ask questions and I'm happy to answer them. Even if they make a comment - Often they look at me and say something like "No f*cking way" or "bullsh*t", as least it is helping to dispell the myth that vegans are sickly and weight 100lbs. even if they don't quite believe it.

There are so many people who would choose this vegan way in a heartbeat if they could see the examples like Occto and Rob, I know I was one of them.

Great point! I was once like that. I just assumed you couldn't be strong without lots of animal protein (even though I wasn't ever a fan of meat, cheese, or eggs). In the US, that sort of thinking comes from a lifetime of intense socialization that is hard to overcome.

I think wearing the shirt, being positive, being friendly, and being strong, and being healthy is probably a great form of silent activism.

I think it's also worth pointing out that often the people who are the most satirical/attacking of veganism are sometimes the people who feel the most challenged, and are the people who might, potentially, down the road, be open towards changing their eating habits. You're planting a seed in their store consciousness, if you will.

Keep up the good work!

Chris, I think you need to enter the best overall physique comp

GIMME A HELL YEAH

Hmmm I dunno....

I've been cutting pretty hard, so not happen with definition at the moment.

Skin and fat has seperated off the muscle a bit... so yeah, not happy with how I look.

I'll take some photos in a few weeks

Unless you have a serious physique I reckon wearing a VBB shirt in the gym could attract a lot of negative attention.
I agree 200%!!!

For a start it willl put vegans (not just the person) in a really bad light, because the omni gymgoers will immediately attribute the physical defects to being vegan, like complete idiots (even though gyms I've been too are filled with skinny rats who stuff themselves with corpses to try and get big)

Once I can benchpress 100kg (right now i'd be hard pressed to do 90, but might just manage once) I'll probably wear a vegan t shirt

I'm not v bulky but a ripped physique and tons of lb for lb strength (100kg for a 75- kg non bodybuilder with a slim physique and long arms isnt world class or near it but nothing shameful) will impress ppl...And I will have BOTH!!!

Remember the shirt says vegan bodybuilding and "fitness." If you look fit that is the important thing. Looking sick and stick thin and low energy would be more of a reason not to wear the shirt. Not if your full of positive energy.

200 pounds or not.

Remember the shirt says vegan bodybuilding and "fitness." If you look fit that is the important thing. Looking sick and stick thin and low energy would be more of a reason not to wear the shirt. Not if your full of positive energy.

200 pounds or not.

True; a really slim and lean guy with tremendous amounts of stamina doing cardio or hundreds of push ups would be great wearing that shirt too