Hot Chicks -- Pics and Tips!

turbo

So I'm looking to get as lean as possible by Thanksgiving, and just want to hear from all the lean, muscular vegan babes, what's worked best to get you in top shape? If you can post pictures to show nutrition and exercise tips in combo with your results, that'd be super helpful! Thanks!

What exactly are you looking to do? Drop fat? How many pounds? Do you know your currently fat mass and lean body mass? What is your caloric maintenance intake? How often do you do cardio and how often do you lift? What type of lifting do you do?

Sorry for all the questions but there really isn't a one-size-fits-all, IMO. For example, a 5'6", 130 lb woman with 30% body fat who does cardio 5 x/week and maintains on 1600 calories would need to add muscle mass before successfully losing much fat because her metabolism is so low. A 5'6", 130 lb woman with 20% body fat who does cardio 3 x/week and maintains on 2000 calories can easily up her cardio and drop her calories adequately to lose about 1 lb of fat per week (sparing muscle loss). If both are new to lifting then it's possible that they could (should for the 1st example) add muscle mass during the 2 months while losing fat.

What exactly are you looking to do? Drop fat? How many pounds? Do you know your currently fat mass and lean body mass? What is your caloric maintenance intake? How often do you do cardio and how often do you lift? What type of lifting do you do?

Sorry for all the questions but there really isn't a one-size-fits-all, IMO. For example, a 5'6", 130 lb woman with 30% body fat who does cardio 5 x/week and maintains on 1600 calories would need to add muscle mass before successfully losing much fat because her metabolism is so low. A 5'6", 130 lb woman with 20% body fat who does cardio 3 x/week and maintains on 2000 calories can easily up her cardio and drop her calories adequately to lose about 1 lb of fat per week (sparing muscle loss). If both are new to lifting then it's possible that they could (should for the 1st example) add muscle mass during the 2 months while losing fat.

Nice, thanks for the interest. I'm 5'6", right now about 22.5% body fat and weigh in about 142 (and losing). I have a lot of muscle already, but I think I could add more lean muscle mass (I'm not as strong as I have been in the past) while cutting fat. I lift four days a week, hitting each muscle group once per week. Lifting focused on strength rather than reps. My minimal cardio is 20 mins on the stairs, 3 times per week, intense, working at probably 85% of my max HR. Most days I eat between 1400-2000 cals, I'm liberal with portions, but what I eat is very strictly controlled, mostly raw fruits and veggies.

My goals, number one, to get as lean as possible in the next 10.5 weeks (there is a deadline for something, hence the time frame). The priority here is shedding as much fat as possible by the end date, 11/26. I started this plan about two and a half weeks ago, and seem to be doing well, losing almost entirely fat according to a body composition scale I keep track with at my house. (My initial weigh-in was 151.8 pounds and 27.4 percent body fat, that was 8/26). I'm just wondering, realistically, how lean I can get by this deadline, what should my LBM be at, etc. There's just not a wealth of info available for female raw vegan athletes, so I'm kind of trying to piece together based on what seems to work for different people.

What do you think realistically, I could accomplish in the next 10.5 weeks, and beyond that? I would like to be in figure competition shape eventually, just don't know a whole lot about that realm of fitness, and (particularly for vegans), it's hard to get info I can utilize!

Thanks a lot!

If you're currently 142, if your deadline is in 10 weeks, and if you lose 1 pound per week, that makes a weight loss of 10 pounds, so you'll be at almost 130. If it ain't enough for you, you can drop up to 2 pounds per week (losing more could be risky because you would lose muscles), so around 120 pounds. Just remember : the less calories you eat, the more proteins you need.

I'm Your Man made some good points. It sounds as if you had a large loss initially (10 lbs in less than 4 weeks) and I would expect that some of that was water. There are a lot of people who believe you cannot lose more than 1% of your body weight per week without losing some muscle, unless you are obese and have a lot of fat to lose. I would continue what you're doing as it appears to be working. For some people, cycling the low calorie days helps to keep their metabolism from "resetting" too low. For instance, eating 1400-1500 calories for 2-3 days and then going up to 2000 calories for one day. If you hit a plateau, you might try this.

I'm not really sure what I did, haha. But I keep getting comments from people at the gym that I've lost weight and gotten a more defined look. After a while you actually start believing them. All I can tell you is what I do. As far as food goes I watch how many carbs I eat, basically limiting the amount of breads, pasta, and other starchy carbs. But I probably overdo it with brown rice. I also eat lots of fruits, veggies, and I don't worry about the rest. For exercise, I go to the gym a lot! I average 9 workouts a week, and spread the workouts through either 5 or 6 days. I run outside three times a week, usually between 2-4.5 miles. I do different types of strength training including Body Pump group classes, free weights, resistance machines, etc. For cross-training purposes I also take a step class, and a cardio jump class, and sometimes I'll do an elyptical machine. That's about it, I try to keep it fun.

Again im not a girl but here goes!

From your pics you already look great but if you want to lose weight I would suggest doing some light weights or a bit more cardio, or of course, eat less.

Swimming is a good way to tone up the whole body.

Remember muscle weighs more than fat but looks smaller, so you could do light weights & gain muscle & weight but actually look slimmer & more toned.I am sure there are some girls on here who do weights to tone up, they might be able to help