Vegan Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida

damdaman

anywhere outside a couple of the training forums on sherdog is mostly trolls and right-wing nutcases.

agreed. sherdog is a great place to get MMA news, but the forums are just terrible, full of trolls and lots of dumb jr high style name calling. you'll notice you don't hear the professionals blaming Mac's diet for his loss. just those nutcases on the forums.

Guida is a class act. can't say anything bad about the guy. like i said before, i look forward to seeing both of them fight in the future. i know Mac will come back strong, like after his loss to Hayato Sakurai, he came back to win the Ultimate Fighter. he'll be back in the win column in no time.

It was a pretty technical fight overall. Guida's strategy worked and Mac's didn't. Guida won by taking Mac down and controlling him. He never really tried to finish the fight. Mac's stand-up was a lot better than Clay's. When it went to the ground, Guida just wore him down. That dude's just relentless and Mac got frustrated which wasted more of his energy. Mac tried some submissions and was countering well from his back, but unless you tap the guy, that won't win many, if any, points. It was a close fight, despite Joe Rogans commentating.

In the long run, I think this loss will be better for Mac than if he had won. Guida's the gatekeeper for the upper echelon in the LW's. Mac will have to learn to fight guys like Guida, 'cause there are a bunch more of 'em a little higher up the ladder.

I like both fighters a lot. Guida's got class and his fights are never boring. Mac'll be back!

Good commentary on that.

I get pretty annoyed when people "blame" 'vegan' diet for loss but never give it credit for success. I'm referring to mainstream people in this case. They are quick to over-look it as being a positive but will exploit is as a negative when a competitor on a plant-based diet loses or performs poorly, regardless of their previous success or track record.