Announcement - I'm moving!

robert

As I've been talking about for years, I've wanted to move to Southern California for the winter time. I just got approval from my company to relocate to Southern California for the winter!

I've been to L.A. 5 times this year and my 6th trip is in a few weeks. For more reasons than I feel like listing right now I have been drawn to that area and it is my desire to live there for a period of my life.

I'll most likely reside in Venice, near Venice Gold's and Muscle Beach. The plan I've been working on for months and just got approval for, is to leave Dec. 1st and come back to Portland, OR March 1st.

Of course, things could change between now and then, but it looks like I'm moving south for a few months, if not more.

P.S. I'm almost certain we'll have Vegan Vacation in L.A. this year, piggy-backing the National Animal Rights Conference, based on the fun and success of the D.C. group being formed after our appearance at the AR Conference this summer, which was held there.

So I'll work on some of the planning and it should be pretty easy to throw together down there.

I've enjoyed meeting many of you in L.A. and it was so funny last week randomly bumping into LongTimeVegan at a restaurant. He had no idea I was in town...so now, in addition to Portland, in L.A. I randomly bump into other forum members

I have mixed feelings about the move because my best friends are here, my family is here, the Vegan House of Kindness is here, and some good friends like Lean and Green and thendanisays and others are moving here in a matter of weeks....but this move is something that I have wanted to do for myself for a while and I still have the desire to make it happen.

I rack up air miles so I'll be back and forth quite a bit I'm sure, but it's time for me to head South for the winter and make it happen down there in Venice.

Congrats Robert. I know you've been contemplating this move for quite some time now. Glad to hear it's finally happening for you. Don't worry too much about moving away from friends, and family, the LA area isn't that far fom Portland. You're never in Portland anyway from what I can tell, so you'll probably see people from there about as much as you do now. If people getmad at you about the move it's probably because they're jealous, but hopefully everyone will be in your corner on this move.

Congrats! My friend just moved back up here from Venice, and she misses it - but she was always back and forth because the airfare is so cheap. It's a doable drive too. So have no fear - the people you love will always be a just shout away, and never more than a couple hours of travel. Way to live your dreams!

I hope I randomly bump into meeting you before you go! (I'm off to the gym in a couple minutes, hint hint)