Sleep how much do you get...?

RAINRA

How much sleep do you get. I heard to much sleep is not healthy and so is to little sleep. So how much sleep do you get and what time do you get to bed? I am still on college hours and I graduated 7 years ago. 12:00 am to 2:00am depending on the day. Find it hard with a long day of work to relax and feel like I did something for myself so I go stay up. I average 6.5 to 7 hours a night.

I usually go to bed between the same times 12AM-2AM. Sometimes before, but rarely and sometimes later, but also rarely.

I'm known for sleeping in. The time spent staying up late is typically working online so I'm wiped out and sometimes struggle to get up "early." Which means I get more sleep than I think I do.

Normally, I'd say 7 hours is pretty normal, sometimes 9 hours or even more. I've also go through phases of over a year of just about 6 hours per night. I prefer 7-9

I need at least 8 hours. Truthfully, I feel best when I get 9-10 in.

I used to feel really bad about it, like I wasn't 'normal' somehow for needing that extra sleep. Then I read that Albert Einstein needed 10 hours, and I stopped feeling guilty!

Everyone's different. There are no hard and fast rules about what's best. Here's a fun little article from the times on sleep:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0DE1D91338F932A25756C0A965948260&sec=health&spon=&pagewanted=1

EDIT: I wanted to add that since I've been vegan, my sleepy time has become so much more satisfying! Even as a lacto-ovo vegetarian, it took me a groggy hour to fully wake up. Now, I pretty much hop out of bed. For the first time in my LIFE.

Edited by VeganDeVil

I try to go to bed between 10p.m-midnight for preparation to sleep (relaxing, reading a book) and I sleep from midnight or 2a.m to around 8 in the morning or before... 8 hours seems enough for me, but sometimes it doesn't seem to offer lots of recovery if I ate a big meal late in the evening. Imho, if you eat right before sleep, you produce wastes during the night, instead of desintox and cleansing, to eliminate toxins when you wake up.

When I eat less cooked food and have a well balanced way of life (sport, work, etc) I need only 5 hours and feel good when I wake up.

When I eat less cooked food and have a well balanced way of life (sport, work, etc) I need only 5 hours and feel good when I wake up.

I've heard that people who eat more raw foods often times need less sleep..... I find that just so fascinating. My hatred of food preparation/cooking (or in this case 'un-cooking') stops me from pursuing a raw lifestyle..... but I find it intriguing. Someday I will have to give it a shot.

The idea of only needing 5 hours a night is pretty darn appealing...!!