Going Vegan

trent

Hello everyone- I am converting myself to a vegan after 40 yrs. of eating meat! I found this site and think that it is a great source of motivation and inspiration. My reasons? Well my wife has been a vegan for 22 yrs. I have recently started doing some research and WOW! As an animal lover alone I feel ashamed for what I have been contributing to. I have always excercised and bought into the "you have to eat chicken breasts, fish, lean red meat" nonsense. Well let me tell you, I was looking through the before/after pics on this site and again, WOW, some really amazing transformations! I am not delusional and realize that it might be difficult at first but I am determined! The more I read about the way slaughterhouses are run and the cruelty that is inflicted on these beautiful animals the easier it will be. Not to mention all the crap they pump into these poor creatures! Anyway, glad I found you guys/girls. I am going to post my Pre Vegan Pics on the before/after thread and update periodically. trent

What a kick ass post, I am very happy that you have made such a desicion to do no harm.

We have a great assortment of people here, with expertise in so many fields.

At least your wife can help you through.

Meat is not an addiction, so you wont shake or any of that.

I hope that this site helps you through your transition and helps you continue with the new life you have chose.

GO VEGAN

Hey Trent. How about an update! How are you coming along with the switch?

Hey xjohanx, it is going great bro, thanks for asking. I feel great and will post some progress photos in a couple of weeks. I am still eating egg whites but that will be the next and last thing to go!