Mr Olympia Results

xjohanx

dex deserved the win imo. i would have liked it to see wolf on top but i think his time will come. cutler didn't even deserved a top 5 position.

but i think it's cool to see that the trend to set the most massive guys on top is (hopefully) over.

and for those who didn't know:

Mr. Olympia Final Results

1. Dexter Jackson

2. Jay Cutler

3. Phil Heath

4. Dennis Wolf

5. Toney Freeman

6. Melvin Anthony

7. Silvio Samuel

8. Dennis James

9. Mo Elmoussawi

10. Gustavo Badell

11. Darrem Charles

12. Johnnie Jackson

13. Craig Richardson

14. Ronny Rockel

15. David Henry

16. Kevin English

17T. Fouad Abiad

17T. Sergey Shelestov

17T. Leo Ingram

I'm still in Vegas....will give a recap and share some photos soon.

Had a great time overall. Wanted Jay to win, thought he was going to win but last night Dex was the man.

FYI Freeman looked incredible and Dennis James looked awesome in his comeback. Wolf was very nice and cool as usual and Jay is still my man. Spent some time with him this weekend, his wife and his mother. All in all, very good times here in Vegas!

Freeman was amazing But Dex deserved to win. Jay was still cool but I think he has been a lot better last couple of years.

Does anybody know Jays plans now? Is he retiring, continuing smaller comps or is he going to try and win it back next year (he probably hasn't decided but it would be cool to hear rumours)

I think Dex deserved to win, he looks great.

Just imagine how big he could be if he switched to a Raw diet

I don't see how a raw diet diet would be a bad thing for those guys given they eat enough. Maybe it could offset some of the health effects of steroids and other bad things they use.

I don't see how a raw diet diet would be a bad thing for those guys given they eat enough. Maybe it could offset some of the health effects of steroids and other bad things they use

Freeman is big on salads and greens (although far, far from raw or vegan). I'm glad to see he did well.

but i think it's cool to see that the trend to set the most massive guys on top is (hopefully) over.

I agree with Xphilx there. The O will be a more fun show to watch in the future if a wider variety of physiques could credibly win. When Victor gets back in the ring next year, you coud have at least five or six peope who coud win the Olympia, and maybe even more. That should be fun to speculate on. So although I like Jay, I'm happy to see some more variety of physiques. Congrats Dexter!

I'd love to read a detailed write up from Robert and other people who were there!

I don't see how a raw diet diet would be a bad thing for those guys given they eat enough. Maybe it could offset some of the health effects of steroids and other bad things they use.

Lol...the amount of fructose they would have to intake would definitely pose some health problems.

Raw isn't all it's cracked up to be. There is NO way these guys can do what they do on a raw food diet.

Lol...the amount of fructose they would have to intake would definitely pose some health problems.

Raw isn't all it's cracked up to be. There is NO way these guys can do what they do on a raw food diet.

Yeah, What Zack said

I'm just stiring the pot

These guys have at least 120lbs more muscle than the biggest Raw foodists.

These guys have at least 120lbs more muscle than the biggest Raw foodists.

They also have an awful lot more muscle than meat eating natty guys, so it's more about the drugs than the diet for these top bodybuilders.

I think a vegan using as much gear as some of these guys use could grow that big, although I guess a vegan in general would have ethical concerns using some of these drugs as they are often designed for animals.

Btw, I think Phil Heath should have placed atleast second.

They also have an awful lot more muscle than meat eating natty guys, so it's more about the drugs than the diet for these top bodybuilders.

I think a vegan using as much gear as some of these guys use could grow that big, although I guess a vegan in general would have ethical concerns using some of these drugs as they are often designed for animals.

Btw, I think Phil Heath should have placed atleast second.

Oh I agree with what you have posted.

I was really just being a sh*t stirrer as I've seen a few posts lately that pissed me off.

I think a vegan could beat the biggest natural guys.

If you could get vegan versions of the drugs the Top bodybuilders take (which you can't), and were willing to do that to your body, I think a "vegan" could compete in that league too.

I still think Jay should have won.

Tony Freeman looked incredible as well, could have been as high as 2nd in my opinion.

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6432/event/1/division/18/contestant/357/mode/jim/page/14

Great pics of Jay!

I just got home tonight but I don't know when I'll be able to post my pics. Just too busy these days. The O was fun, but I'm getting a little bored of the Expo. The contest was fun though!

After watching the webcast and after looking at the photos, I have to say that I'm really impressed by Phil Heath. According to Pro Bodybuidling Weekly, he was in 1st place with a lot of judges at pre-judging.

However, I really don't have enough of a trained eye to say who shoud have won, but Phil probably would have got my vote!

Also, I've listened to probably every Pro Bodybuilding Weekly podcast and have read lots of interviews...etc, and although I don't know any of these guys (unlike Robert, Roid Rage, and a few others) it seems to me that the guys in the top 5 or so are all very humbe, nice, professional guys. It's a bit hard to have a dog in the fight when you kind hope that everyone does well. With that said, I guess I'm glad that Dexter won, so that we'll have more diversity of physiques in the future.

Also, if you had no idea how much people weighed or how tall they are, the contest might go to David Henry. He looks amazingly shreded and in great condition! I guess that shows why the 202 is a great idea.

All the experts say that Jay should have lost....so I'll slowly have to agree. He did look a bit off during pre-judging, just as Wolf did.

Jay looked amazing the next night! He lost 12 pounds between pre-judging and finals. He looked incredible at finals! But it wasn't enough.

I know a lot of these guys....I spent all weekend with them, even after the Olympia the next day at a seminar. They are very humble, professional, and they are a tight group and most of them are friends and keep in touch regularly and hang out together, travel together, etc.

In fact, I think 3 of them started crying during the seminar the next day as they thanked Jay for all he has done to support all of them, as they congratulated Dexter, etc. It was cool/weird to see. They're buddies, friends, support each other but at the same time are very competitive.

Sure they do drugs, but as people, many of them are great guys and some of them I call my friends and keep in touch with and hang out with on occasion and see all throughout the year.

Great to be there again.

This year I was at the Ironman, Arnold, Emerald, and Olympia.

Now that I've watched up close video I can see that Jay was off. He did look a lot different at the finals! He lost 12 pounds from one day to the next and was dramatically improved by Saturday night.

Anyway, here is how some of the top guys looked and there are many other videos out there you can find with simple searches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsCMBT_5L8&feature=related

I didn't take very many photos, but here are a few:

My friend Jessica at the Expo

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/11/l_c24d1b82d42841e9a1e80ff8acbb95b1.jpg

Me and Jay just after he got off stage in 2nd place:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/l_86d523892ea543f88c6fdce7c2249d8f.jpg

Me, Jay and his mother:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/62/l_a8288b350eb94097a1cf61fe54ac190e.jpg

Me and Jay battle the biceps in the hotel:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/54/l_cd92d7078ddd4000927e6abc8636d2e5.jpg