Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine:

AIR MAX 90

also vegan:

AIR MAX CLASSIC BW

AIR MAX 1s

Sorry, but I know for a fact that parts of these shoes are made with leather, ie. not vegan.

you're partly right. not every single version of the air max 90 and the air max 1 is vegan but every shoe that i posted is 100% vegan, believe me!

the shoe you named "air max classic bw" is actually a new premium version of the air max 90. it came out just a few weeks ago in germany and it's 100% vegan, too. I found it in the "vegan shoes" section of a german online store.

Troy: I can't find pics of them all. But a lot of air max light are vegan. Air max 97 (people who don't like them should listen to Sportswear http://www.myspace.com/xsportswearx and think again) almost all colorways are vegan. Air max 95 (maybe a bit too much modern running shoe but still cool) almost all vegan. Almost all of the newly (07-08) releases of the air structure triax 91 are vegan and they are fuckin awesome. If you look hard it's possible to find AM1s and 90s in vegan colorways. A lot of the Classic BW are vegan but I don't really like them. I've seen one (and ofcourse own it) colorway of am 180 that's vegan but it was like 2004. I've heard rumours that some of the air stabs should be vegan but it seems to be rumours only since I can't find any and I look really hard.

I forgot, Jordans are the biggest problem. I have one pair of jordan 4s that are totally black. They're nice but not as awesome as the non-vegan ones. I really really really want the 3's and 4's.

Also as I posted before. Nike vandals is available in a lot of different colorways.

I'm not really into air force models but last year they released air force 1 in canvas models. They looked real good, casual style you know. I'm more about the freaky colors

you're partly right. not every single version of the air max 90 and the air max 1 is vegan but every shoe that i posted is 100% vegan, believe me!

the shoe you named "air max classic bw" is actually a new premium version of the air max 90. it came out just a few weeks ago in germany and it's 100% vegan, too. I found it in the "vegan shoes" section of a german online store.

I appologize but I cannot believe you! The Air Max 1 in the OG colorway (Red on neutral grey and white) that you posted is not vegan. The red that surrounds the toe box is made of leather. There are three ways that is possible for that shoe to be vegan. 1) NikeID first run of the Air Max 1 before they started using premium leather materials. These were made with a fabric material, I have two pair. 2) They are fake, which is common in Europe from what I could tell last I visited, two years ago, I was in Eastern Europe and I honestly could not find a store that was selling legit Nike footwear, especially Jordans. It was quite comical to say the least. 3) The Air Max Premium Crepe (aka. Hemp Pack) I believe were made mostly of hemp. They did not come in red.

The Air Max Classic/BW (1991) is not a new "premium version" of the Air Max 90. It is its own shoe, which came out after the Air Max 90 and is part of the Air Max evolution (4th version). I'm unaware if this colorway is actually vegan or not so I'll take your word on it. I would be skeptical of any online store selling vegan nikes. Most of the glues are animal byproducts. I would check with NikeTalk to confirm, alot of sneaker heads there and they have lists of legit online stores that sell authentic nike footwear. If you're not a member of NikeTalk, browse the forum for a ton of information regarding fake Nikes.

xjohanx,

I had a pair of OG 97s in none other... 1997 (all silver). The air soles popped in about 6 months. A dope shoe none-the-less. I like the 91 Triax, I'll look more into them.

Also, I don't know of any Air Jordans, the mainstream line, aka. 1,2,3,4 etc. that are not made with leather. Even the newest Air Jordan 23 is made with leather. Labeled as a Nike Considered shoe it still contains recycled leather.

I've heard both vegan and non-vegan about that air max 1 that phil posted, same about the grey/blue one. If I'm not mistaken the shoe has been made on several different occasions and maybe they've switched the materials? The original first release is said to be vegan so it wouldn't suprise me if they did a version with the same materials.

Touche xphilx! Those are in fact 90s not BWs and I found multiple sites claiming they are vegan. Is there a vegan Air Max movement that I am unaware of? I did a search several months ago for vegan air max's and the first 10 search pages of google came up dry. Hits are coming up on google right away now. My bad dude. Although I'm still a tad doubtful on that OG Nike Air Max 1 in red.

I appologize but I cannot believe you! The Air Max 1 in the OG colorway (Red on neutral grey and white) that you posted is not vegan. The red that surrounds the toe box is made of leather. There are three ways that is possible for that shoe to be vegan. 1) NikeID first run of the Air Max 1 before they started using premium leather materials. These were made with a fabric material, I have two pair. 2) They are fake, which is common in Europe from what I could tell last I visited, two years ago, I was in Eastern Europe and I honestly could not find a store that was selling legit Nike footwear, especially Jordans. It was quite comical to say the least. 3) The Air Max Premium Crepe (aka. Hemp Pack) I believe were made mostly of hemp. They did not come in red.

The Air Max Classic/BW (1991) is not a new "premium version" of the Air Max 90. It is its own shoe, which came out after the Air Max 90 and is part of the Air Max evolution (4th version). I'm unaware if this colorway is actually vegan or not so I'll take your word on it. I would be skeptical of any online store selling vegan nikes. Most of the glues are animal byproducts. I would check with NikeTalk to confirm, alot of sneaker heads there and they have lists of legit online stores that sell authentic nike footwear. If you're not a member of NikeTalk, browse the forum for a ton of information regarding fake Nikes.

three of my (vegan) friends own the air max 1 in the colorway i posted and it is vegan! believe me! maybe there are several versions of this one colorway but the one they have is made of synthetic leather/mesh.

i think you got me wrong on the air max classic bw. i never meant to say that the air max classic is a premium edition of the air max 90. i said that the shoe i posted there is a completely different one. check this: http://www.kickbackberlin.com/product_info.php?info=p586_Nike-Air-Max-90-Premium-Black.html (it's a german website but you can see it says 100% vegan). i also found it in a foot locker store here today and the label on the inside said it's vegan, too.

and about the glue: a guy who worked for nike for some time told that they're not using a glue that is made of animal products anymore. they stopped doing that in 1998, he said.

Touche xphilx! Those are in fact 90s not BWs and I found multiple sites claiming they are vegan. Is there a vegan Air Max movement that I am unaware of? I did a search several months ago for vegan air max's and the first 10 search pages of google came up dry. Hits are coming up on google right away now. My bad dude. Although I'm still a tad doubtful on that OG Nike Air Max 1 in red.

oh, just saw your post.

When I e-mailed them about a shoe I saw on their site they got back to me within a couple of days.

They told me the shoe was made from synthetic materials because they are more durable (which makes me wonder why then can't they use it with all of their shoes!)

If your shoes were all durable then why would you by new shoes.... I know there is still the fact that look has a lot to do with people buy new shoes but I am sure some people would keep wearing the same shoes if they never broke.

really? i emailed them a couple of times about different shoes but they never answered me.

I called Nike about a year ago and asked for a list of shoes that were animal friendly. They said they usually have that information but it was currently being updated and wasn't available and to check back at a later date. Its been a year, give them a call and inquire with the same question. Maybe they can email you something and then you can post it on the forum.

Check out Brooks shoes! They are one of the first (actually, THE first) companies that actually have a shoe that's made to break down completely in landfills. I have the Infiniti's and just ran a marathon in them yesterday! They are great shoes! As far as I know, they are all vegan as well. But look into that for yourself, because you can't be too sure about every model these days.

really? i emailed them a couple of times about different shoes but they never answered me.

I called Nike about a year ago and asked for a list of shoes that were animal friendly. They said they usually have that information but it was currently being updated and wasn't available and to check back at a later date. Its been a year, give them a call and inquire with the same question. Maybe they can email you something and then you can post it on the forum.

that's what i did some time ago. but, like i said, they never answered.a list like that would be perfect!

Hey does anybody know of any good vegan work boots? I stand on ladders all day long and it's starting to really fuck with my feet. I need some good boots. Maybe I'll find some size 13s at Goodwill but I doubt that.

http://ragazzivegan.com/product_detail.php?ID=5

I can not vouch for these (because I've never worn them) but something to check out anyway, seems like the largest size is a 12 though

Edited by djshrew

Hey does anybody know of any good vegan work boots? I stand on ladders all day long and it's starting to really fuck with my feet. I need some good boots. Maybe I'll find some size 13s at Goodwill but I doubt that.

http://ragazzivegan.com/product_detail.php?ID=5

I can not vouch for these (because I've never worn them) but something to check out anyway, seems like the largest size is a 12 though

Is that 12UK maybe? God I wish. That's like exactly what I'm looking for too. Curse my big feet!!!!!

The cheapest shoes on VE are unfortunately like 160 bucks. My most expensive shoes are my Adbuster V2s and those are just over 100, and I didn't even buy them myself. I'm being Cheapy McCheapington.

• 3 weeks later...