Religulous

robert

That will be good times had by all.

I love watching fanatics go crazy saying all kinds of dumb shit in the name of jesus, but look at me like I am out of my fucking mind when I say I am in favor of marijuana being legal, I dont eat meat, and occationally I talk to dead people... whoops that does sound crazy, my bad.

The movie looks sweet, its about time a good movie comes out like this.

Well maybe we can do a night meet up or something or day to see if any vbb d.c, md and va peeps want to go.

I will post it on the d.c. events.

let me know what time is good for you. I will bring my girlfriend as well if I can pull her away from homework.

I saw this yesterday.

I liked and was surprised.

I was expecting Maher to lampoon religion. He did and there were a LOT of laughs during the documentry, but Maher's main theme was a serious questioning of religion and people's attitudes about it. Sort of like a "Dawkins-Lite", with comedy mixed in.

I had many favorite moments in the film. One of them is an interview with an European Muslim rapper who had his songs banned. They were encouraging suicide bombers and other violence. The guy was complaining that his freedom of speech was disrespected. Maher agreed with him, but called him a hypocrite citing the Dutch cartoonist who Muslim's attacked. He told the asshole that he can't expect his freedom respected if he and his ilk go around threatening the safety of other people who have something to say.

Good film. I recommend it.

Saw it and I thought it had good points. I still respect people in what ever they want to believe in as long is it causes no harm on humans, animals and the environment. The part that I found most convincing was how the Jesus story was a common idea amongst many cultures even before Jesus existed.

Sorry I couldn't see it with you Rainra. I ended up spending all day with my friend on Sunday, then in the evening she asked me if I would go with her to see it. She basically spent her Sunday doing a huge favor for me so I went.

I like the term "non-combatant atheist"

I don't enjoy telling people their beliefs are silly and I don't enjoy talking about religion. I would rather not.

I think movies like this one are important for points made by both Maher and Dawkin's. Atheists have to speak up, now, because many theists are taking advantage of their power to take away freedoms and detrimentally influence education, which will harm our whole country, if not the whole world.

• 1 month later...