EvilJukka's Progress Topic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I'm DEFINITELY a hardgainer. When i was a kid, and growing up, i could eat anything and as much as i could fit in my belly, i'm talking about pizza, hamburgers, candy, pepsi etc, and i was ALWAYS underweight. Always. And these days i'm still having a very tough time gaining weight, as you all can see.

I've just turned 21, and i'm praying every single deity ever invented to slow my metabolism (is that it?) down so i could gain weight like a normal person.

Evil Jukka, I too am a hard gainer.I eat around 3500 calories a day & workout only 2-3 times per week for only an hour at a time.It works really well for me, I am gaining hard now!

By the way, try to vary your sources of protein, I was eating loads of soya for the last 5 months & recently have made myself slightly allergic to it.Because I ate too much of it.Try some pea protein powder, lentils, beans & homous with bread.

Cos believe me, if you go allergic to soya, its a pain in the arse.

That's kinda inspiring DaN. Thanks.

And don't worry, i get my protein from several products, not just soya. I eat a lot of peanuts, sunflower seeds, protein-rich pasta (not too much though) etc. I just drink a soyprotein shake every now and then to get my protein intake over 100 g a day.

You remind me A LOT of me when I just started working out about two years ago. I know that it might be hard for you to put on mass but don't use the word hardgainer too much. People told me that I was a hardgainer and I believed them and it did nothing for me except kept me from progressing. Instead of seeing yourself as a hardgainer just think of the postive sides, you're lean and you don't really have to worry about getting fat for example. I think it's really great that you eat a lot of nuts and seeds, for me that was def a key to gaining weight. Fat is good for hormome levels and of course it offers plenty of calories.

Do you have a proper blender at home? I know a perfect recepie for you if you do.

Take half a litre of chocolate soy milk (or regular soymilk and add chocolate powder like oboy)

3 decilitres of oats

50 grams of cocoa

50 grams of peanuts (either as butter or regular roasted ones)

0,75-1 decilitre of protein powder

Drink it as breakfast, between to smaller meals or after workouts. It's like 1300 kcal. It made me gain like crazy, and I really mean crazy. I went from 62 to 76 kg in like 6-7 months and was still below 10% bodyfat.

The drink isn't healthy but it should put some mass on you.

Johan is the man.He pointed me in the direction of a great protein powder website here in the Uk & its becase of him I found the pea protein powder which I absolutely LOVE!

>2 cans of halved peaches, 1 scoop of pea powder (25g protein)

>1 small cup of water

>Blend

YUM!!!!!!

Dude, That pic displaying the progress in your bicep looked stellar for such a short amount of time and never get discouraged and persistency is the key to anything. Sooner or later, you will see you've gotten the response you were looking for, no matter how much of a hardgainer you are. I know you're training hard, or at least it sounds like it. As far as the intake goes, once you get into the groove and figure out what combination of foods, when and in what ratios responds best to your bulking program, all the chips will fall into place. Estimate how many calories you take in a day, post it (if you haven;t already somewhere else). Someone will suggest a way to adapt it to a greater amount that is feasible and dooable and wont have you shoveling food into you all day nonstop. I love grains in my shakes when I want to bulk. Just blend them up and mix them with fruit and protein powder and chug. 1000's of cals extra a day. Agreed as well with johan's suggests in regards to healthy fats as well. Bulking may not be the most pristine and healthy way to live but tis the way of a bber and gets the job done. I do it, many others here as well.

Keep at it and keep posting away or what have you

Aww, man, now i'm more inspired again..

Today i decided to add one new thing to my every workout. I'm going to do one super-slow-motion rep after every single set for every single muscle group. I've done it with my shoulders and i think the results should be there, so i'm going to do the same thing for every muscle from here on.

What i mean is, when a set is done, i'll force myself to do one more rep reeeeeaaaaaally slow, at least 6 seconds to get up, hold it up for 3 or so seconds and at least 12 seconds to go back down again. It always kills my shoulders, as i do it after every set, and i do four sets for my shoulders. It feels really good after all four.

Yes johan, that's the way i've been training, but i've been training my shoulders with free weights, and i haven't been able to train as well as i'd like with heavier weights, so after 12 reps i've done that one special rep to boost it up. Now i'm going to start doing it with every muscle group, and i'll do it right after i get the feeling that "this is going to be the last rep", you know? It's very hard to explain with words. But trust me when i say, i'm busting my ass in the gym with every set these days.

EDIT: And thank you tuc!