Massages after training..(semi explicit)

Massages are such an integral part of maintaining your body and preventing injury and just feel so damn good that Ive started to include them as part of my workout routine; as I assume many of you do here too.

However, I hesitate to continue these because of the party going down in my pants!

It doesnt matter who is giving me a massage, my package does not want to stay down - and Id be lying if I said it wasnt partly sexual, but it mostly isnt sexual. This can be quite embarassing, but I can usually get it down thinking about something grotesque.

Do any other guys here have this problem?

Maybe I should ask for a back massage, so I dont have to turn over..but my legs tend to be the most sore.

Do any other guys here have this problem?

I'm not a guy, but I am a massage therapist.

My personal theory is this: In this country, we tend to be very hands-off socially. We tend not to greet our friends with a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek(s) like is customary in other countries, in fact in many circles I think that'd earn you a punch in the face. We don't hold hands when we walk down the street with our friends and there is sometimes a lack of physical affection within our family relationships as well. Most of us keep a circle of personal space around us at all times, with the exception of handshaking and... sex. (or kissing, or snuggling, or foreplay... you get the idea.)

So, our minds tend to associate any kind of touch that's not a handshake with... sex. Add some nudity to that, and you've got an instant case of misplaced arousal, especially if you're new to massage. (I'd say "erection" but it does happen to women too, it's just not visibly obvious with us.)

Despite the fact that there's absolutely nothing sexual about my massage, I've had a few clients who've run into this problem. I'm not easily offended and honestly don't think much of it, but they seem to be quite embarrassed. Most of the massage therapists I've talked to share my attitude - that it's no big deal and nothing to be embarrassed about. Definitely not a big enough deal to be avoiding your massages!

This problem usually doesn't come up (pun intended) after the first few sessions, as the body gets accustomed to a non-sexual touch. If time and familiarity doesn't resolve it, some of my male friends say they routinely "take care of things" before a massage.

I agree with you Michelle. I don't know if that's why people get aroused or not but I think you are right about the little physical contact.

I grew up in a very physical environment. I usually hold hands with my brother every time we go out or hug my guy friends and that's not sexual at all. Of course I don't do that here in Canada but it's not like I got used to how things are here really.

This problem usually doesn't come up (pun intended) after the first few sessions, as the body gets accustomed to a non-sexual touch. If time and familiarity doesn't resolve it, some of my male friends say they routinely "take care of things" before a massage.

"Sorry guys, I can't hang out, I've gotta jack off before my massage today."

I am a guy, and I am a massage therapist, all I can tell you is the benifit you are giving yourself far outweighs your boner dude.

And as uncomfortable as it can be there are ways to control it.

First off see if it is when a certaint part of you gets touched that this happens, for me I noticed in school that I would start getting a feeling when my right thigh was shaken so I asked that this was avoided, but in real life all I ask when I get a massage is that I have a blanket on, then most of the time it cant be seen.

But in school we are taught, at least I hope other schools teach, that it is a natural thing.

The mechanism that controls your erection is the parasympathetic nervous system, the exact thing that takes control of our bodies when we are really relaxed, so 90% of the time its not sexual, it is just a natural responce, and as long as the person didnt turn the situation sexual, or started touching themselfs then its all good.

I know how shitty it feels to not be in control of your own body when all you are trying to do is get a great benifit to your well being, and besides all I have said here the only other tip is that after your body gets more used to touch the less this responce will happen.

Dont give up, massage is a wonderful thing.

Edited by zinzen

I'm no expert on these things but I totally agree with the idea of us not being physically affectionate leading to supressed tension that manifests at inopportune moments. Over time if you find yourself letting that anxiety out when you're touched it won't need to come out in a physical way. You'll start to simply feel relaxed and the tension will disappear.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm so unaffectionate myself and that's how I'd imagine I'd be. My best advice though would be to try not to anticipate it and if it happens just let it run its course.

I'm a big massage fan, and fortunately, I haven't experienced this "problem" before

I've come close, but I literally follow the old adage of "Think about baseball...think about baseball..." and the comedy of it all prevents things from going awry. Fortunately, by the time I end up face-up, I'm so worn out and relaxed that there's rarely a need to worry about things stirring down below. Then again, I'm always the guy who wants the brutal deep-tissue massage (there's one Russian guy who literally grinds his elbow into my back in a painful-looking manner, but it feels great!), so there's nothing really sensual about it, since I'm not a massochist by nature

I find it hard to get a massage. I was severely overweight most of my life and i have not become comfortable with the exposure of my body. So it is hard for me to get into a massage. I have several friends who are massage therapists and wish i could utilize this resource.

I find it hard to get a massage. I was severely overweight most of my life and i have not become comfortable with the exposure of my body. So it is hard for me to get into a massage. I have several friends who are massage therapists and wish i could utilize this resource.

I was severely overweight too, was uncomfortable showing any body part to anyone... but now Ive lost enough weight that i am comfortable...but my lack of touch during those years makes it so im super sensitive ( in a good way) to any touch now!!

• 1 month later...