PALIN ATTACKED FOR BEING ANTI WILDLIFE WATCH AD

RAINRA

To me, there's not really very much difference between someone who pays for animals to be killed, and someone who kills them themselves. You may find that if you give most omnivores a gun and say "shoot that animal if you want to eat it", many of them would fail. However, in doing so they just show that they are also hypocritical as well as selfish. I'm not really sure which is better - someone who acknowledges that the process is so repulsive that they can't be a part of it (yet continues to do so anyway!) or somebody who is happy to be part of it. But there's hardly a distinction in my mind

Well they have to be prepared to shoot dinosaurs from helicopters. After all, we have lived here at the same time. If god gets angry, he'll summon a bunch of new dinosaurs for our enjoyment.

Palin is a flipping lunatic.

Hilarious. She massacred Palin without being sexist.

The thing about murdering wolves from helicopters that makes it so unconscionable to me is that the fight isn't anywhere even close to approaching the illusion of fair. At least with regular hunting of wolves, hunters can make the case and try to fool themselves or others into thinking there's some training or talent involved that makes it a fair fight. Helicopter hunting is just an example of the blatant dominion over whatever the hell those pigs want dominion over, at the expense of wildlife, the environment, other people, and common sense.

Well, even if it was a "fair fight" there's still no reason for it. If I go up to a guy in the street who is my height and weight and start punching him, that'd be outrageous anyway. There's no honor or justification whatsoever in instigating violence for no reason

The thing about murdering wolves from helicopters that makes it so unconscionable to me is that the fight isn't anywhere even close to approaching the illusion of fair. At least with regular hunting of wolves, hunters can make the case and try to fool themselves or others into thinking there's some training or talent involved that makes it a fair fight.

Agree!

I also think that, you know, 70% of the American population lives in cities or suburbs, and people do very little hunting on average, but many people like to think of hunting in a romantic, man being with nature, maybe getting a deer sort of thing. I think "hunting" for a lot of people is associated with outdoorsyness, male bonding...etc. In a sense, I don't think people think of killing when they think of hunting, perhaps in the same way that people don't reflexively associate eating meat with the killing of an animal (due to the fact that meat is pre-cut and packaged so you never have to think about the source).

But shooting wolves from a helicopter and paying money for their dead paws!?...I think for some people, who are typical meat eaters and vaguely supportive of "hunting", that just brings up a really violent image of "get some" violence, a la Full Metal Jacket.

Granted, I agree with richard that it's still unnecessary, but the metal image is different, I suppose.