Had my weight and BMI taken today.....

My weight was 9 stones 11 1/2, although different conversions place the weight in pounds as slighter higher than 126.

Still, I still have a 'bit of a belly' and would like to lose that. I suppose not being that heavy means I don't need to consume as much protein as heavier people to pack on muscle.

If your eating seitan, I wouldn't worry about protein too much. I avg less than 10% protein a day, and I put on about half a pound a week of mostly muscle when I'm lifting with high intensity. Low frequency, short duration , high-intensity lifting puts muscle on me...and half the NFL!

That seems right in line. What's maybe more important than BMI is body fat to muscle. Bone density has an influence on weight too. A lot of fighters are between 120 and 130 lbs at 5'6". I'm 5'8", 138lbs after an average workout. I would cut to 135 to fight. I'm at BMI 21 right now. BMI is kind of a useless measure for athletes because it doesn't differentiate a strength athlete from an endurance athlete. It doesn't indicate 'health' either. You are near the low end of normal range if that means anything at all to you. And protein-shmotein. Calories are what's important. I stick to about 10% of my calories from protein and work out hard, heal quick, do lots of body conditioning and sparring and have even gained about 2 lbs in muscle over the last 2 weeks (w/ mild weight training).