Bench 135

I have never tried, but 20 would be in the bag for me, but not much beyond that.

The other problem with that measurement is that some dudes are larger than others, and so 135 is a smaller percentage of their bodyweight, and as such, is easier for them to lift...

yeah, im barely 130lbs these days.

Yeah i did 40, but these of course were fast full reps not slower controlled like i'd normally do. But i actually did full reps unlike all the people on youtube that did like 100 quarter reps. i'm pretty close to getting up 315 as a max. I did 275 really easily, but didn't try any thing in between 275 and 315. another couple weeks and i'll get up 315.

Bench is my best lift as of now, but i'm focusing more on other lifts right now like deadlift and squat becasue those are way behind.

It isn't like someone asked for his bank account details or past sexual history here
Yes it is.

No I'm just kidding. What I mean is that it's very subjective, it's his opinion. I know he said "personally I think", but what is important for him may be different for others depending on the goals of each person, so that's strange saying this.

It isn't like someone asked for his bank account details or past sexual history here
Yes it is.

No I'm just kidding. What I mean is that it's very subjective, it's his opinion. I know he said "personally I think", but what is important for him may be different for others depending on the goals of each person, so that's strange saying this.

I know, just making a joke, that's all

Yeah, while I personally don't find a need to do a lot of high-rep work, if that's what someone wants as far as being an endurance specialst, so be it. It won't carry over in a way of, say, 100 reps @ 135 meaning you could get under 350 lbs. and make the lift, but at the least, you'll have some fantastic muscular endurance if nothing else.

imho, I think lifting your 1 max rep, or 6 max reps, can build up more sheer strenght than if you're doing long series, but it is clear that working on endurance also increase strenght, on a bit smaller level though. Does the inverse work: lifting heavy for 1 rep will improve endurance ? I don't think so.

Does the inverse work: lifting heavy for 1 rep will improve endurance ? I don't think so.

I can answer that with a resounding "NO!" from my own experience It's taken me a lot longer than expected to build up my endurance from spending years as a low-rep training guy. I wish it were easier to carry over strength to endurance, but that just ain't the case, at least, not for me.

I work on both max strength and muscle endurance becasue for what i want i need both. One without the other doesn't do me very good at all. Of course not everyone is into training for combat sports, but i think a mixed of both is very important for most sports, some more than others.

Yes allso like veganess says the carry over is not allways great. for example i've worked out with alot of guys where i'm much stronger than them at the begining of a workout, but near the middle there a bit stronger.

The other problem with that measurement is that some dudes are larger than others, and so 135 is a smaller percentage of their bodyweight, and as such, is easier for them to lift...

Is that always the case though? I've noticed that a lot of short, boxy guys can really bench quite a bit, while for fairly tall guys, the range of motion, and which muscles flat bench uses seem to put tall guys at somewhat of a disadvantage. For me at least, I used to do a lot of bench (with my best being 185x10), but I have switched away from it because I feel it mainly just works my shoulders and tris, and doesn't do much for my chest. I find incline dumbbell presses and decline press to be much better. But maybe that's just my sorry excuse!

Anyway, interesting contest. I'll give it a go next time.

He's always talking about doing 100 reps with 90kg (198 lbs) atm, which would (almost) be his bodyweigth... I don't really see the fun in that.

Sounds like he's getting BIGGER

The last time I did 50 reps was with 165 pounds (75 Kg)

50 was enough torture.

The only time I've done 100 reps was just the 45 pound bar.

I enjoy these high rep challenges.

Daywalker's 50 rep squatting was fun, until I couldn't stand up after 52

He's always talking about doing 100 reps with 90kg (198 lbs) atm, which would (almost) be his bodyweigth...

I don't really see the fun in that.

Fun, no (high rep squatting never really is fun ), but doing 100 reps at that weight would be really bad-ass. I've seen a video of someone doing 98 reps @ 218 lbs (bodyweight as well as weight on the bar), but 90k would be pretty close in my book.

Fun, no (high rep squatting never really is fun ), but doing 100 reps at that weight would be really bad-ass. I've seen a video of someone doing 98 reps @ 218 lbs (bodyweight as well as weight on the bar), but 90k would be pretty close in my book.
It is torture just watching that 11 minute long video which I downloaded. I will never ever attempt a 100 repper with my own bodyweight. Suicide by squatting!

It is torture just watching that 11 minute long video which I downloaded. I will never ever attempt a 100 repper with my own bodyweight. Suicide by squatting!

Yeah, I honestly believe that I'd either A) pass out, or B) have a heart attack before ever coming close to 100 reps with 218 lbs. on my back.

What's most amazing to me about Sarge (guy in the 98 rep video) is that it says he had a 1 rep max of 220 lbs. just 3 years earlier. That's some crazy progress.