Who Are You Voting For President?

veggieprincess

Who Are Your Voting For For President?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator Barrack Obama, not "Mister Obama", not "that one", or whatever mistaken label a resentful republican senator has used.

Hey BW... you keep up on more stuff than I do.

Tell me who I should vote for and how I should vote on Environmentally friendly candidates and issues (other than the President). My main focus is the Environment... and of course anything animal rights related such as Yes on Prop 2... but I haven't kept up on anything else with this election, so let me know...

You're in California; Obama's way ahead (by about 15 points) there. What are you worried about that you would vote Green for other offices and not vote Green or Nader for President? Obama would have to lose in a landslide to lose California with that big a discrepancy between it and the national polls, where Obama's up by about 6 or 7.

Voting Barack for Pres... and Green Party or most Environmental Friendly candidates and proposals/bills, etc for everything else.

I'm not to impressed with either main party candidates.

I've never voted before, so this will be the first time I do. I really just wanna see whats it's like, I've always been curious.

I will probably write in a vote for Mitt Romney. Why you ask? Because he was the candidate that I supported through and through. The liberal media destroyed him for being Mormon, but gives scoundrels with legitimately questionable issues/ties a pass.

John McCain will win Arizona by a landslide anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

If I decide to not follow through with the write-in, I will probably reluctantly vote for McCain.

I am registered as

Bipartisan.

I voted for both Democratic Senators in California.

I have voted Republican in more than 1/2 the Presidential elections I perticipated in.

I will be voting to make marriage between a man and a woman. I do believe that gays should get health and other benifits from their partners, but believe in the basic sanctity of the word "Marriage"

Go ahead brand and castigate me, I don't care. I'm old enough to know that it doesn't make any difference what other people think of you, but only what you think of yourself.

I'm voting for Obama. I think all the big names that are running are either scumbags or insane, but it's really likely McCain's gonna croak any day now, and a Palin presidency would be more hideous than any other option. I see no significant differences between Obama and McCain except for reproductive rights, and since the next president is more than likely going to get to select a couple of supreme court justices, either McCain or Palin would be a disaster for the future of preserving those rights.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother voting for president.

I'm not voting. I'm registered, and I've voted before but honestly voting supports violence. It gives the politicians numbers to point to so they can tell everyone that their gang has legitimacy. With this legitimacy they begin wars and throw people in jail for not following silly rules. The only change is going to come about by having little and hopefully (I wish) no participation. When a president is elected by only 5% of the country (this may be the case anyhow thanks to ACORN and whatever companies make the fraudulent voting machines) who will pay them any attention? If McCain or Obama had any intention of putting an end to the encroaching police state the US is becoming I'd listen and probably support one, but so far neither has anything new to say, and when they say something they have not said before it usually contradicts what they have previously said. The presidency is about power. And the old adage holds true that power corrupts. You can't change that with all the laws in the universe. People can be corrupted. I don't need a leader, I'm fine, my life has direction and purpose. I can take care of myself. If you need direction in your life or someone telling you what to do or another parent then join the military or something. Move to Europe. I don't know, just leave me alone.

Yeah!

I'm also voting for Obama

Call me crazy but I do see a very big difference between the two major candidates. From the very first time I saw Barack Obama on the Late Show with David Letterman, I saw how much he cared about this country, and its people. Obviously some part of each candidate must want to help their country, or why else would they be running in a political race. And don't tell me it's all about power, because I don't believe that for a second.

it doesn't make any difference what other people think of you, but only what you think of yourself.

Unless you're gay?

-a

In my world somethings are sacred.

But if I'm reading correctly what you are saying?

In your world I don't have a right to my own opinion, if it doesn't agree with yours.

-a

it doesn't make any difference what other people think of you, but only what you think of yourself.

Unless you're gay?

-a

In your world I don't have a right to my own opinion, if it doesn't agree with yours.

-a

It was a question. Didn't say you didn't have a right to your opinion. Just wanted to understand the bounds of your opinion. Anti-miscgenation? (sp?)

I'm proudly voting for Obama, since I think he has a very realistic and nuanced understanding of the challanges ahead in terms of foreign policy, and I generally agree with him on most domestic issues and priorities.

With that said, I think it's great to see that there are some supporters of McCain on this board.

It was a question. Didn't say you didn't have a right to your opinion. Just wanted to understand the bounds of your opinion. Anti-miscgenation? (sp?)

Are you calling me a racist?

Let me tell you something you might not know. My wife is of a different race, and we are still married. The granddaughter I am raising in my house is half African American, So what is it you're trying to say, or is it you only have another question?

Are you calling me a racist?

Let me tell you something you might not know. My wife is of a different race, and we are still married. The granddaughter I am raising in my house is half African American, So what is it you're trying to say, or is it you only have another question?

Not calling you anything. Just curious about your thoughts - so I asked. Didn't mean anything by either question.

-a

Unless you're gay?

It looks to me like he's pointing out that your opinions seem internally inconsistent. They're certainly conflicting in spirit, at least. But as long as you're ok with it; it's your cognitive dissonance.

Unless you're gay?

-a

-a

I think what he is saying is that what other people think of you does indeed matter, at least when those thoughts/opinions lead people to act in ways that affect your life.

So for gay people in CA, it does matter to them what you (and other voters) think of their relationships, because you are planning to vote in a way that will have an effect on their lives.

I think what he is saying is that what other people think of you does indeed matter, at least when those thoughts/opinions lead people to act in ways that affect your life.

So for gay people in CA, it does matter to them what you (and other voters) think of their relationships, because you are planning to vote in a way that will have an effect on their lives.

Gays have never before had the right to marriage. I believe in some kind of union (legal document), and the rights that come along with it i.e. health, death etc. benifits etc.. But don't call it Marriage. Like I said earlier: "In my world somethings are sacred. "

Gays have never before had the right to marriage. I believe in some kind of union (legal document), and the rights that come along with it i.e. health, death etc. benifits etc.. But don't call it Marriage. Like I said earlier: "In my world somethings are sacred. "

And that's certainly a reasonable position. One I don't take, but definitely reasonable considering the alternatives. The problem is that it's inconsistent with your statement that "it doesn't make any difference what other people think of you." That's not a luxury everyone has. It's a pure platitude. For some folks, what other people think of them affects their everyday life.

And that's certainly a reasonable position. One I don't take, but definitely reasonable considering the alternatives. The problem is that it's inconsistent with your statement that "it doesn't make any difference what other people think of you." That's not a luxury everyone has. It's a pure platitude. For some folks, what other people think of them affects their everyday life.

I believe your confusing social and political constraints with someones personal opinion of you. which is what I was refering too. Minority is minority and it comes with it's constraints. Don't blame all the worlds ills on me. LOL

[

But in a society in which people vote and legislate based on their personal opinions of others, pretending there's a difference between political and personal is irresponsible. That's part of the democratic process. You can vote your personal feelings. I just feel you should own them, too, even if it renders your platitudes hypocritical.

As to the minority being the minority, what did de Tocqueville say about the "tyranny of the majority?" And why do we normally not have to worry about it in America?