Help with my workout and diet.

Jolfer

So I need help with my diet and weight training routine. I'm still learning alot about weight training, and about being vegan, and recently, due to work, I was told I need to lose alot of weight for some up coming jobs. I was wondering how I can get some good results to have a more toned body (Cut, tight muscles). I realize that 90% of being cut has to due with a good diet, and my diet is consistent (I'm consistently late and on the move), but I usually try to have a good amount of fruit in one meal, good amount of veggies in one meal, and than at night have more carbs and protein. Usually I'll try to get a Subway sandwich for a meal if possible, and get an obnoxious amount of veggies in it. I usually snack on whole wheat bread with almond butter, or Pitta bread with humus if I get hungry, and have a few pretty healthy cookies and brownies if I get a craving for a sugar.

I also have a Soy Protein shake I have before and after work outs.

3 Sets of 10 reps of the following.

Weighted Abs

Lever Leg Extensions

Pull Downs

Squats

Curls

Tricep Extension

DB Bench Press

Dead Lifts

I'm considering also running on the days I don't work out to break a sweat and just burn a few extra calories.

Ideas? Thoughts? Let me know please.

For cut muscles, you will have to do much more than what you just listed. For weight loss, adding cardio will help you tremendously, but be careful not to overwork your legs. Run on the same days that you work your legs, give them a day to rest while you work your upper body. In terms of calorie intake vs. expenditure, this is a good place to start:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php

Keep a food journal, train harder and longer, add cardio, and you'll reach your goals in no time.

Those lifts arn't in the order you do them are they? Doing leg extentions before squats and triceps before bench is a no-no.For example if you do tri's before bench when you get to bench your tri's will peter out long before your chest does.How often do you lift? I'm thinking a push-pull split would be good for you.

Mon.& Thrs. Tues. & Fri.

Bench Squat

Flys Leg Extention

Press Calf Raise

Side Lat Raise Bent over Row

Close Grip Bench Chins or Lat Pulldown

Tricep Pushdowns Curl

Preacher Curl

You can do your ab work on wens. and a day on the weekend,also go for a run on the weekend (better off Sun.)if your trying to lose poundage.3 sets off 8-10 reps is good to start with.Try adding more weight to the lifts as often as possible.Good Luck.