Question About Test Boosters

I think nearly everyone here is natural, though not everybody. I'd say there are just a handful of people of the 1000+ registered members who are not natural athletes.

I personally don't know anything about anabolic boosters, even though I hang out with the IFBB guys. I just don't know anything about it.

The boosters have their pros and cons, as with anything. Part of the problem is that when you start a cycle, you need to take an off cycle to prevent your elevated estrogen levels from taking control...not everyone knows this and they see some rather upsetting results. Once you decide to take this step (on and off cycles), you end up relying on it for your size/strength/conditioning once you start taking it. I personally believe in manipulating your diet and regimen to overcome plateaus.

I've always been natural, but tried some of the over-the-counter test boosters many years ago (around a 11-12 years ago, back when they were considered "stronger" than those being sold today.) Can't say that any of them did anything for me - even Pro BB'er Art Atwood, who I would buy my supplements from (he owned a shop near my home at the time) said that he was hearing that if you'd get about 2-3 lbs. of lean mass per 4-6 week cycle with test boosters back then, they were doing as best as anyone would expect out of them. Of course, Art was natural and coming in at a lean 225 back in those days, a far cry from the beast he ended up years later Since I always hear that the ones on the market today are considerably less potent, I haven't bothered considering trying any of them.

I personally don't bother with that kind of thing any longer. Paying the outrageous $50+ a bottle those things seem to sell for seems pretty worthless to me when I can just eat more and train harder and get results

• 2 weeks later...
The boosters have their pros and cons, as with anything. Part of the problem is that when you start a cycle, you need to take an off cycle to prevent your elevated estrogen levels from taking control...not everyone knows this and they see some rather upsetting results. Once you decide to take this step (on and off cycles), you end up relying on it for your size/strength/conditioning once you start taking it. I personally believe in manipulating your diet and regimen to overcome plateaus.

Do you mean something like Tribulus Terrestris?

It is not an anabolic hormone so I think there is no need for on's & off's.

And with anabolic hormones you have to take a post cycle therapy on "off days" and with tribulus there is no such thing.

• 1 month later...
I'm just curious how many of you are taking testosterone booster[

So far black pumps and fishnets do the trick for boosting testosterone. A few smiles and someone laughing at my jokes work almost as well Seriously........., Never have. When I lifted I was never out to be the best or even bolster my ego. I did it because I enjoyed it so I never had the motivation. I am amazed at how ignorant non-gym rats are about the size and drug issue. I had a proctologist a few years ago who didn't believe me when I told him I did not take steroids, even though it had been years since I lifted seriously. Sterotypes.

Ive been taking the tropicana testo boosters from GNC (says suitable for vegans on the label) have noticed a bit of a difference (I dont think I need to elaborate here :3 ) tho its just a mega dose of ZMA it seems with a bit of saw palmetto thrown in for good measure

I must admit I have thought about juicing, but I dont think I could go through with it, Im really proud of being natural and want to stay that way + the side effects of gyno and hair loss seem too high a price

It's the magnesium giving you the weird dreams. I heard somewhere (on this board?) that it is probably just the zinc that's doing the work in ZMA anyway.

I've been thinking about taking ZMA. I tried it once and I had really weird fucking dreams. But it isn't really proven to work right, I've seen different results from different studies.