Poor Little Birdie

Marcina

My cat likes to go outside and play with her rock on the balcony. Yes. I said her rock.

This morning was no different as I let her out while I played around on the computer. I looked outside to check on her and her eyes were all bugged out and her tail was fluffed. I went out to see what was the matter and there was another kitty cat down below. My kitties don't really like other kitty cats, so this explains the tail fluffing.

Anyways, the cat downstairs was batting at something.. and then it moved!! It was a little bird! I ran downstairs to rescue the little bird but it was too late. I scooped the bird up in my hands and it made one last little flap with its wings and died in my hands. I took it inside and examined it to be sure. The cat had mauled it by the looks of things. Poor bird. I was so sad. I then took the little bird outside and buried it under the tree in my backyard.

I just wanted to share my story. It's sad because my boyfriend loves birds and he leaves a feeder out all year long for them. I guess the neighbor's cat got one of the birds while it was feeding on the porch or something.

Nature can be cruel sometimes.